Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By apeydef

#1 of 9 Old 06-06-2014, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
5 year old losing baby teeth?

Is it normal to lose teeth so young? My 6yr old lost his front and bottom teeth last year and hasnt a had a loose tooth since..I seem to remember losing my teeth much older, like 7 or 8? Also I was wondering if its normal to have a such a large amount of time go by before another tooth becomes loose.

Sry if this is the wrong forum! Ive been lurking for 3 yrs, My first post
#2 of 9 Old 06-06-2014, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Did he get them early? My kids had teeth very early and lost them fairly early (4.15-5 yo) DD lost the bottom 2 over the winter and there is no sign of any more loose. Same thing happened with my DS. So no, not abnormal to lose them or the gap between losses!
#3 of 9 Old 06-06-2014, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Both my girls started losing theirs at 5. Dd2 will turn 6 this month- she lost her bottom two this past winter and top front in May. One was a just a tiny bit loose when roughhousing knocked it out a bit early; the other was ready. She looks so cute, I love kids with gap-toothy grins!

Maybe it runs in families...her cousin a week older than her has lost the same teeth. Big sister lost hers at the same age and now at 12 already has wisdom teeth coming in.
#4 of 9 Old 06-06-2014, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
He was 6 or 7 months when he started cutting teeth.. I love those gap tooth grins as well, they make for adorable school pictures.

SAHM, Baby-Wearing, APing, EBFing, Co-sleeping, Proud Autism warrior mama to two boys. 7/2/08 & 6/8/09
#5 of 9 Old 06-27-2014, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
A family member is a dentist, so when our daughter (who was 4 years, 10 months at the time) lost 2 teeth, I contacted him. He said that is on the lower side of normal. Her adult teeth came in fine in those spots and she now has two more loose teeth. I think it is perfectly normal!
#6 of 9 Old 07-08-2014, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
5-6 is the normal age.
Neera likes this.
#7 of 9 Old 07-08-2014, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
it typically depends on if they are early or late teethers ....all of my kids were late teethers (my earliest teether was 10 months...most were over 1 yo) and most of them would be 6 -7 before they would lose teeth....but with my 4th child....she lost her first tooth the last week of being 5...which is way early for my kids....her 7 yo brother just lost his first tooth 6 months prior! But I think she messed with it a lot and helped it out....the rest of my kids, I wouldn't allow to do that.....but she was gone at school when it happened, so I had no control over it. That was a couple of months back and she still doesn't have a tooth starting to grow in...normally with my others their tooth is right there and comes in right away.
ps...also the rate at which they lose them depends on how quickly they came in.......for instance my kids tend to teeth most of their teeth in groups (my last child started getting his first tooth in November and by April he had most of his teeth).....so with that being said, typically my kids lose them very close to each other. But all of this can be skewed by if they are messed with

Last edited by BlessedOne; 07-08-2014 at 02:42 PM.
#8 of 9 Old 07-09-2014, 05:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedOne View Post
it typically depends on if they are early or late teethers ....all of my kids were late teethers (my earliest teether was 10 months...most were over 1 yo) and most of them would be 6 -7 before they would lose teeth....
Dd was 15 months old when her first tooth came in but her first tooth became loose when she was 51/2.

Positive thoughts generate power, negative ones waste it ~ Unknown
#9 of 9 Old 07-09-2014, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
guess it is different for every one =)

I know my first 3 kids were all pretty much the same.....but my 4th was a bit different when she lost hers. I almost wonder if in her instance, she helped make it loose as she was excited that her brother lost his tooth and immediately she was saying hers was loose. I figured she was just confused, but she kept messing with it for months...until finally it did fell out.....without me even realizing it was REALLY loose.

Some people say that genetics comes into play and that kids will get and lose teeth about the same time their parents did...but I don't know if that is true....as neither of us can remember when we lost our teeth!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page