Pinpointing the cause of some SERIOUS gas in 6yo girl - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-29-2014, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Pinpointing the cause of some SERIOUS gas in 6yo girl

Phewwwww!
This child. Sweet as a rose in disposition. So pretty and delightful. But boy-------she lets out some noxious fumes and this seems excessive.
How do I go about pinpointing any potential culprits? I want to help her because I think it might be a little bit embarrassing, you know?

She is vegan and gluten free and no, we do not eat beans everyday. Also, this faaaar predates her vegan-ness, so I don't think it's that, per se.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Do you cook with oil? My dd is allergic to olive oil and can't handle most other oils very well. Even a healthy meal cooked with coconut oil or grapeseed oil makes for a stinky night.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm, I never ever would have thought of that. I mean, yes I cook with olive oil, coconut oil and others, too. Well that is just something to investigate or tinker around with.

Thanks for that info. How did you figure that out? And is it just the oil or the olives that your LO has problems with?
Old 06-29-2014, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Olive oil gave dd a rash when I used it for her dry skin when she was little and she gets a rash everytime she eats food with olive oil in it. The rest we discovered after eating my mother's cooking for a few months. I thought it was the meat at first but my cooking is oil free and meat gives her no problem unless it's eaten with oily food. It took a long time to figure out but I am glad we did because it made a big difference in our eating out habits and her stomach issues. It's been about two years since cutting out oils almost completely so it's very obvious the few times we slip up.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I always heard Celiac disease (gluten) can cause terrible gas.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went through my teenage/young adulthood years with very painful gas, and I finally realized that for me, dairy and grains were the culprit. I was a vegetarian from 13-31, and it wasn't until I started eating meat again and less grains that it improved. I now avoid wheat/gluten and dairy, and gas isn't an issue. I eat small amounts of oats, barley, and corn, but wheat is a no-go here!

Mom to E(11/92), H(10/95), C(4/98), S(12/00) and M(4/13)
Old 07-22-2014, 06:38 AM

good, eat small amounts of oats, barley, and corn, but wheat is a no-go here! thank you

User Tag List