5 year old daughter with vaginal bump - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-10-2014, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
anc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation 5 year old daughter with vaginal bump

Hi everyone, I am new here. I am beyond freaking out concerning my daughter right now. Yesterday she told me she had a bump on her vagina that she felt when she scratched herself. She says it does not hurt her, and it is not itchy. It almost looks like a pimple. I am freaking out because a family member in the house gets cold sores, and I am terrified that she somehow got the virus on her hands or something and transferred it to her genitals. I am so nervous waiting for her appointment tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with a similar symptom?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-10-2014, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Definitely get it checked out, but if it's not hurting or itchy then it's probably not herpes, especially for a first outbreak. I get cold sores on my mouth and they're definitely uncomfortable. I hear that outbreaks on the vulva are a bit painful. You say it looks like a pimple - it could very well be one. It could just be a clogged pore that swelled up, or a clogged sweat gland which are common on the genitals, especially in summer. I'm sure she's okay.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page