Playing with children and not thinking of other things -- have trouble, need advice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2002, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is YOUR best strategy? I can't believe I am the only one struggling with it! How do you focus and NOT think of this board, work or lack thereof, sex, menu planning and laundry, relatives, weather, what your kids will be doing tomorrow or as preteens, what they were doing when they were babies? How do you saty in the moment? Oh I am sure some have inborn gifts, but what of the others who don't?

Please share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2002, 12:02 PM

Oh!

We just let the place go to rack and ruin!

a

The anti-Ezzo king
Old 06-04-2002, 11:33 PM

I think this is a real challenge. I just keep reminding myself that she's only young for such a short time she deserves all of my attention. I also look at mothering (the art not the magazine) as a spiritual practice. I always wanted to cultivate mindfulness in my life. Now I have a constant reminder. When I have other things I have to do I try to include her, and I give her time to do her own thing. But Alexander is right the house is frequently a major mess. But its getting less so all the time as she gets older.

User Tag List