Are stockmar (?) crayons and paints really better? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2004, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are they worth the extra $$$? My dd has some crayola crayons and some Alex crayons which she normaly breaks. lol We also have some of the crayola paints. I was thinking about getting her some things from the stockmar line but wonder if they are indeed worth the price. I bought some little block crayons from a wahm a while back (homemade) and they were just hard to color with. The color didnt show up well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2004, 12:39 PM

Try the "sewing and crafts" board. The crafty mamas will probably know...
Old 06-07-2004, 01:20 PM

the Prang soybean crayons
we did oak meadow for a bit two years ago and two of the things I kept were the stockmar crayons 8ct block and 16 ct stick
They are still going strong. They have a wonderful deep rich colour.
I don't know a thing about the paints. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful on them.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:33 PM

Just avoid crayons and chalk made in China. There have been many many recalls for such items containing large amounts of lead.

I personally like Crayola crayons. We get them on sale at back to school time.They get broken easily, but my DD has had trouble getting good colour with the Stockmar crayons (and they were pricey!)

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

Old 06-09-2004, 12:43 AM

We've always used Crayola, DD has many different kinds (glittery, regular). Last Christmas I got her (she's 4) and DS (he's 3) Stockmar - sticks for her and blocks for him. While they do have a pretty color, I didn't fall over saying "wow! that's worth $16 instead of $3" when I saw it. The Stockmar crayons are kept in the same box as the Crayola - and DD grabs her Crayola markers (not the crayons) almost every time. She loves markers. The Crayola crayons are her second choice. You can always melt your bits and pieces into crayon "muffins" yourself. DD also has the Alex colored pencils, but likes to use the Roseart ones, as they are smaller and come in a box of 32 colors.

But so many people love the Stockmar. I would just get a little box of 8 and see how it goes. The kids have used the blocks to do "rubbings", but you can do that with the side of a Crayola crayon. I like the Crayola because they are washable. I get washable crayons, markers and paint.

Melanie

User Tag List