"knight" birthday party ideas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-06-2002, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have any ideas for holding a birthday party with a "knight" or other medieval theme, for a 6 year old? We will have a small group of boys and girls, and I wish to keep it with an emphasis away from the violent aspects of knighthood! I was thinking of making it "knights and princesses" or something like that, with possibly a castle cake, but I need activity/project ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Michele
#2 of 3 Old 08-06-2002, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I happen to own a children's theme party company and Knights and Princesses is one of my most popular themes. I get them all dressed up in their costumes, paint flowers on the girls and moustaches on the boys. If it is a girl's birthday, it focuses on the princess more, but for boys, it's all about dragons. We don't have swords, they must use magic to tame the dragon.

All of my parties involve a treasure hunt. The premise is that the dragon has taken the treasure and hidden it because he was not invited to the big celebration. He is a mild mannered dragon, Herbert, who doesn't want to hurt anyone, but is very sensitive. I even hide dragon tears (shiny translucent stones) and I tell the kids that the dragon tears will protect them, so they each earn a dragon's tear to keep. I have a treasure hunt with clues, but it is pretty long to type up here. We also have a castle building relay race. Have a bucket of blocks for each team, they must build the castle a block at a time. The tallest wins. I don't give prizes for games, just the honor of winning. I also made a knights and princess bingo game using clip art.

My last idea is rather involved, but I will tell you about it, just in case. I set up a table with a smoke machine underneath. Someone hides under it (it is draped with ragged cloth to look like a dragon's den). Once the dragon steals the treasure, we go to his cave to get clues and games to play. The dragon is a hand puppet of just his hand. He slides notes and clues out from underneath the cloth and blows smoke. The kids really have to use their imaginations, but most go along with it. I can't think of any more right now. Sorry this is choppy, my little guy keeps calling me. You can check out my knights and princesses at my website if you wish. www.makebelieveparties.com
Good Luck.
If you need more ideas, PM me.
#3 of 3 Old 08-07-2002, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We have a book that is all about knites and princess crafts. I can't find it but you can make inexpensive hobby horses outof cardboard (in the head shape), rope (for the mane) and a wrapping paper tube (for the stick) Kids could decorate thier horses and take them home as favors. Knites could decorate armour (breast plates are easiest) and princesses could make crowns. The girsl made skirts out of wrapping paper stapled to ribbon for dress up too. There were cups made out of paper cups covered in paper with "jewels" glued on and a cardboard circle glued to the bottom for a stand (to make it sorta look like a gobblet). I f I can find the book and there is anything good in it I will post some more.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page