almost 4 yo ds pooping at night - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-13-2001, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay-this has happened 3x in the last week. 2x to one twin, 1x to the other.
They wake up w/ poop in their diaper. They have been day-trained for about 9 months. I don't get it. It's not like its loose so it accidentally came out, but they are both doing it in their SLEEP.

I don't get it.
#2 of 3 Old 12-14-2001, 01:15 AM

I seem to be responding to all your posts. I've posted on this issue way back when.

My dd had problems with pooping for a LONG time. There was a period where she would only go at night in her pull-up because she was holding it in all day and that was the only time she was relaxed enough for it to come out.

Have your kids been successfully pooping on the potty for a while? Maybe you need to push more fiber. If the stools are hard, they may be withholding for fear it will hurt.
#3 of 3 Old 12-14-2001, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

They have been trained for about 9 months, w/ no problem. They go at least 1x/day. It wasn't too hard, nor was it loose. The both were generally surprised to find it there in the morning...the only thing I can think of is that they were particularly gassy those days adn maybe, in their deep sleep, they *thought* they were passing gass, but it was somethin' else, KWIM?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page