My dd will only pee in a Dixie cup - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2005, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just need to share this. This all started a couple of days ago when she wanted to play "birthing center." She played the midwife and drew my blood, asked me about my urine test and listened to the baby (with a jumprope of course :LOL). You may guess that she comes with me to my real appt's and loves every minute of it becasue the midwives involve her as much as they can (she pumps the blood pressure cuff, holds the doppler, helps put the goo on it, etc.) She also comes with me to the bathroom where I check my weight and pee into a cup to test my own urine. You see where this is going?

The other day she announces that she needs to use the potty upstairs. There is a bathroom downstairs where we were, so it was a little strange, but I let it go. She comes back down and announces proud as a peacock that she peed into a "Dipsie" (Dixie :LOL) cup all by herself! And she was always going to do it from now on. I have since had to establish rules like the pee gets dumped into the toilet (not in the sink or left on the toilet tank), she must throw the used cup into the garbage and she must wash her hands very, very well.

It's been two full days and she's still peeing into a Dipsie cup. We are running out of cups and I think I am going to buy more. :LOL

The things kids think up... Anyone else have a story to share?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2005, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Very Funny!

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
Old 03-13-2005, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
That is too cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 03-14-2005, 12:32 AM

Too funny! :LOL
Old 03-14-2005, 01:31 AM
Banned

LOL @ that, and it is nice to hear you are taking it in stride...it will pass, but at least she will have no problem ever giving a sample of her own at the doctor!

User Tag List