He doesn't want a brother/sister - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2001, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our son is 3 years and 3 months old. During last year he mentioned several times that he wanted to have a baby brother or sister and seemed very interested in the subject, but my husband and I did not want to have another child yet.

This year we have decided to start trying to conceive again, and when I asked my son how he would like to have a brother or sister this year, to my surprise he said NO!!! He said he does not want to and seemed upset by it. When I asked him why, he said something about the baby growing up and misbehaving.

I was very disappointed because I would really like to get pregnant again and have our son enjoy this special time. He is a wonderful boy but I am not sure how to deal with his feelings. I don't want him to feel betrayed after he said he didn't want a new baby.

Any suggestions??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2001, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello there-------

I know it is so hard...we love our first born so much we can't possibly think of another one joining that love! But that is what happens. Siblings are wonderful to add to the mix and it actually makes the love grow!
Your son will come to love to see your belly grow and know that it is going to be his brother or sister. Make sure you include him in all the doc/midwife visits and let him experience it all with you. That way he feels connected!

User Tag List