Anyone's DS still sit to pee?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-22-2005, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds still sits, it doent bother me, less mess :LOL

But when I tell other people that he still sits to pee they give me a funny look.

I have asked him if he wanted to stand to pee, but he says no. I am a single mama and there are no males in the house (except ds).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 05-23-2005, 12:29 AM

DS sits to pee unless there is a tiny urinal available (which is rare indeed).

He is 3.5 (4 in August)

#3 of 13 Old 05-23-2005, 12:36 AM

Mine is 17 mo and obviously still in diapers, but it is my hope that he will sit to pee his whole life. I was 24 when I first dated a man who sat to pee and I was *extremely* impressed. I had never heard of such a thing. I told him to thank his mother on my behalf (he was peeing in my bathroom at the time, so I was a direct beneficiary), and vowed to him that if I ever had a son, I would teach him to sit to pee.

Who cares what other people think!? Are they gonna clean your bathroom?
#4 of 13 Old 05-23-2005, 08:24 AM

My boys sit. Well, I'm 100% sure of the little one, the older one, last I was allowed in the bathroom with him, he was still sitting. Dunno now. When they were both learning to use the toilet, their father showed them how to stand and pee but both prefered to sit. Fine by me. It's never come up in conversation, so I don't know what others think of it. (Hmmm, it occurs to me now that I've just "outted" them. I never even knew it was an issue.)

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#5 of 13 Old 05-23-2005, 01:22 PM

My ds sits to pee and will be 4 yrs old soon.
#6 of 13 Old 05-23-2005, 01:38 PM

My dh still sits to pee!! He is rather tall and never liked the mess and splashing. He stands at urinals--well I guess there really isn't another option. :LOL

Mama to two wonderful daughers: 02/03/03 and 10/19/05
#7 of 13 Old 05-23-2005, 01:45 PM

I am sure dh would be mega-happy that I am telling everyone this, but he recently started sitting to pee. He does it all the time now. It started when dd kept following him in the bathroom and trying to play with the stream. :LOL

I prefer this since I clean the bathroom! I hadn't thought of it, but I think I might just go ahead and encourage this with ds when he starts to potty.
#8 of 13 Old 05-23-2005, 02:00 PM

My mother and I were just talking about this because ds just went through potty learning (he is 26 months), and she said..."make sure Michael (dh) shows/explains how boys pee too-you don't want him to end up like the boys (my brothers)...."

My brothers are 9 and 13 and both still sit to pee (I hope they're not reading this) :
They are a product of a single mother raising also. Obviously by now they now how it goes, and I'm sure they use urinals at school, etc., but they're just set in their way by now, kwim?
#9 of 13 Old 05-23-2005, 02:09 PM

My boy is seven and he almost always sits. He's another product of a single mom that potty trained him!

He will stand if he's naked - like if he's getting ready to take a shower. He doesn't like to just "pull it out". kekeke
#10 of 13 Old 05-23-2005, 02:52 PM

Wow I never realized this was something that could bring funny looks from people. In my life some guys have sat and some have stood. My ds stands but his daddy doesn't. I just think my son thinks it's "cool" to aim and shoot but as long as he keeps his perfect aim it doesn't bother me.
#11 of 13 Old 05-24-2005, 02:17 PM

My ds, is just about 7 and he sits to pee most of the time. Sometimes he will stand an use a urinal when dh takes him to the bathroom but that is very recent. I was also a single mum who potty trained him. DS's bio-dad was/is involved in his life and he didn't want to teach him to stand he said sitting was just fine.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#12 of 13 Old 05-24-2005, 04:54 PM

What a funny thread! My ds is only 20 months, so I haven't started potty training yet, but I've wondered about this.

DH always stood to pee until he got tired of my complaints - so now he sits! :LOL I must admit - I much prefer it.

Glad to know that others sit to pee as well...I think I will just teach ds to sit and let him figure out the standing thing when and if he wants to when he's older.
#13 of 13 Old 05-24-2005, 11:46 PM

Ds sits, too. It's kind of a pain in public, since he's afraid of falling in and is really too small still to sit on an adult toilet, so I have to hold him while he goes, but it's definitely better than what my sister had to deal with after my mom taught her ds to pee standing up. I was thinking now that ds is a bit older that I should teach him (or get dh too), but I'm not so sure now. Maybe I should just teach him to do it at public washrooms so I don't have to hurt myself holding him?

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page