Mamas of babes born in 2001 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 113 Old 06-01-2005, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, there was some talk of playgroups threads and I thought- hey! that's what we have finding your tribe for right? So..for all you mamas of babes born in 2001 sign in here.

I NEED to talk to other mamas about development because sometimes I have questions about Kailey.

She is in speech therapy, so I am ok about that. But about physical development. How should she be? Should she run confidently without tripping up or falling? What about skipping rope or hopping? I don't know any 2001 mamas to share notes with so this would help!

Kailey was born Feb 20, 2001.

Anticipating replies...
#2 of 113 Old 06-04-2005, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Kailey's dance recital was this evening. It was pretty neat. She is very methodical about things and in practice would do one move over and over until she got it. it was no different this evening. So cute. She also decided to chase a feather that had escaped from her costume around the stage. I was tearing up I laughed so hard. I am so glad she enjoyed herself. Not many digital photos turned out well. Here is a taste:

Her tap costume (they were pigs) danced to "This Little Piggy"
http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL982/...0/99185466.jpg
http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL982/...0/99185415.jpg
http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL982/...0/99184201.jpg
And her ballet number (they were poodles) danced to a song I have never heard before
http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL982/...0/99184665.jpg
http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL982/...0/99184574.jpg
#3 of 113 Old 06-06-2005, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

bump
#4 of 113 Old 06-09-2005, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

bumping again
#5 of 113 Old 06-09-2005, 08:20 PM

Your daughter is so cute! Great pictures.

Ds was born in March of 2001. Being 4 has been such a change! He plays different, thinks different, and it is amazing.

I am interested in why your dd goes to a speech therapist, if you are willing to share. My dd went to one for an sensitivity disorder and eating. My family has been pressuring me to find out if ds needs to see one because he often stutters and omits syllables in his words. I have been putting off taking to the ped. about it because I think that he mainly does it when he is excited and as he grows, he will learn to control his excitement or maybe his speech... anyway.
#6 of 113 Old 06-09-2005, 08:40 PM

My son Nicholas was born June 2, 2001. He also sees a speech therapist. He was born with complete unilateral cleft lip and complete cleft palate. He has just turned four, but thinks he's eight. He says this all the time. He is very different than all my others were at this age. He doesn't play with toys for his age group and prefers the older kids stuff. He is potty trained, but only when naked. I guess we should look into a nudist colony. :LOL
He has a great sense of humor and loves a good joke. We are homeschooling starting in the fall (our first year). Not sure what else to say about him. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Rebecca wife of Megan...moms to six crazy kiddos! Seth (15), Madison (13), Zachary (12), Trevor (12), Alex (10), and Nicholas (9)
#7 of 113 Old 06-09-2005, 08:59 PM

Hi pottyDiva! hello Others too!!!! My Anna was born in Jan. 2001. Age 4 has beeen sooo neat!!
My dd is also in dance. her recital is on fathers day! All I hope is that she has fun!!!
I think personally, and I've worked in the past with therapists, both speech and physical, That a lot of times certain things work out. being quick to jump on Problems is good, but some are things that are just going to change with time. if your dd is sometimes tripping up or cant hop WELL I wouldnt be concerned. Now, If the tripping is a lot and she Can not hop more than once on one foot I'd be concerned. But I am no professional. Just my educated guess. Anna can not jump rope and she is otherwise very coordinated.

L
#8 of 113 Old 06-09-2005, 10:38 PM

HI there Mommas! I have a ds, Callum, who was born in November 2001. He runs well and can hop on one foot but.....he also is very, very clumsy(he had no chance both his Dad and I are too :LOL ) The poor kid is always covered in bruises. I think he just doesn't pay attention. He will try to walk and talk(he never stops talking!!!) at the same time and will run straight into a wall

He also has very big narrow feet, I think that contributes to it as well. As far as speech goes, he is trying to enunciate(sp) more now, but there is still a lot that I can't quite make out.

IMO, and it is just IMO, people expect a lot out of kids now and I know how it is to worry and be concered for your childs development but I think if given time, most of these "issues" will resolve themselves

I so LOVE the poodles dance costume! She looks soooo cute in that

Great idea for this thread!

Take care,
Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin
#9 of 113 Old 06-10-2005, 09:19 AM

Your pictures were great, what an adorable daughter you have. She is positively beaming in her pictures!!

Dd turned 4 in March and I can honestly say from just a couple months ago she was a bit unsteady standing on one foot and putting the other by the knee (ballet-type move)- well she is doing it fine now so I have noticed a big increase in her balance and coordination. But I was told early on she had good "hand to eye" coordination when she ws 3 for her age.

Speech; I also wondered about that and took her to one of those school screenings a few months ago for the heck of it and they happened to have a speech therapist there and she asked her to say a few things and then told me I have nothing to worry about; it will get better and clearer and she was only just 4. She told me if I had any concerns and it was closer to starting school to call her. Now school for her (K) would not be until next fall (unles we homeschool).
I relaxed about it and it has gotten much better, though sometimes now she is sooo excited she talks too fast.

She is in a gymnastics/tumbling type class for the last month and had not been to one since she was 2. We are in a viewing box, glassed in and I saw them put her on the HIGH balance beam and was a bit concerned .....she walked that thing like no big deal forward, backward and side to side. Then she got to get off and ring a bell for her "accomplishment".

That said, I will keep an ear out for the speech and mostly look for other people to understand her which is going much better.

:energ y
#10 of 113 Old 06-10-2005, 03:04 PM

Hey everyone

Ryvre was born October 29, 2001. I can't believe he's almost 4! I feel so old, haha. He has a nearly-two-year-old sister (Willow) and another brother or sister due in October, but i admit that i still kinda see him as my baby, lol.

My son *probably* has a speech problem according to most standards; not everyone can understand everything he says, but i'm not worried about it. We're unschoolers, and believe every kid will learn what they need to know if given a chance at their own pace, so this is no different. He wasn't potty-trained until he was 3, but once he did it, there was no regression at all, so i consider it a sucess!

Another reason we're homeschooling is that here, you can't start school unless you're 5 by September 1...that means Ryvre won't be in Kindergarten until 2007! I remember how frustrating that was for me, so as soon as he's ready, we're going for it.
#11 of 113 Old 06-10-2005, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

OH YEAH!! I have to say i am so daggone excited to see replies to this thread. It had been the Jan-March 2001 playgroup, but I guess that was way to specific. I like this whole year idea better and it looks like you all do as well.

Melissa: We first were interested in speech therapy because at 17 months Kailey still only said mama and daddy. I talked to our first PED and he didn't see an issue. Then, and this is just crazy me, I started looking at children who were much younger than Kailey who nearly spoke in clear sentences. We still sat back and just waited for her to grow and mature (speech wise). Last year a therapist for another child in Kailey's preschool class came by to talk to me about this student and I asked if she could diagnose Kailey, and she did right there. She said she had, and I can't recall the name, but in layman's terms it is called "backing" and also had what is called "constinant deletion" where she leaves off the end of words. So, we started with her the next week. Kailey's aunt (on Mark's side) and her daughter both experienced the same condition as children (though I didn't learn of this until we talked to them about Kailey).

I am thinking now that she will just learn over time and that a lot of times excitement exasperates it. Being unable to communicate even at 4 yrs old is trying for her, and she often acts out with hitting because she cannot say quickly enough what she wants from her friends. So in a nutshell, this is why we have speech therapy. She has come such a long way and catches on to her therapists requests quickly. She says Kailey's language is amazing, it's just the intelligibility that needs improving

Ok, the little one is up from her evening siesta, I'll be back later to comment on everyone's posts. So GREAT seeing you all here!
#12 of 113 Old 06-12-2005, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mark and I are feeling so helpless.

Kailey's behavior is just out of control.

She is acting in such uinappropriate manners. If a child takes a toy she sees as hers, she will hit them or scratch them. She has scrathed and hit her teacher a few times, but is relentlesss to those in her class who try to play with her when she wants to be alone. She does not use her words first, but strikes out. Like a knee jerk reaction.

We have tried time outs, spanking (which we do not use now, cause DUH it doesn't work) taking special toys away, and denying privileges. What ever we say will be a consequence we follow through on. Still NO change.

We are just beside ourselves. WHAT should I do? Monday I am going to call her doctor to get a referral to see a psychologist. Mark thinks she is really messed up,and I am beginning to think we have done this.

Why? Neither one of us can argue in a constructive manner. We throw things, freak out on each other and their is very little respect. We try to change but it seems like it doesn't work and we go right back to our old familiar ways.

I spend time with Kailey doing Kailey things, which I enjoy, but she still wants more more more. I am about to go crazy.

YES, we did this to her, and now we want to know how to change. Is a psychologist a good idea?
#13 of 113 Old 06-12-2005, 10:33 AM

Potty Diva, thanks for sharing info about your daughter's speech. I think sharing behavior has been one of the toughest things we have had to work through with ds so far, and he just really at the cusp of understanding. To be honest, I think your dd sounds normal as far as being pushy for thing she wants. It is really a huge adjustment to share with others at school when previously everything she probably had access to was hers. When dd was born, ds got the first inkling that world did not just evolve around him. Preschool was a struggle for ds, and until the last month, he really did not even play directly with other kids. Instead he would play parallel in his own world, and when he wanted a toy, it rarely considered waiting or asking for turns. Throwing seems to come to ds very naturally, and we don't model that behavior at home unless we are "playing ball" outside. Yet on a regular basis I take away offending toys the get chucked through the air.

We got a notice in May that ds had bit the one boy he was identifying as his friend twice at preschool. This boy had also been in trouble for similar offending behavior. I think kids sometimes try to find a behavior that effectively works to get them what they want, and then use it until the consequences of the behavior are undesirable. One of the strategies his preschool uses is to sing instructions or give them a rhythm to their words. It is quite impressive because it generally works. He stopped biting at school and has not done it at home.

I was thinking, perhaps you and your dh should consider adult conseling or family counseling instead of going to a psychologist for your dd. Children react to their environment, and if the two of you are struggling to communicate, then she may be exhibiting the behavior that the two of you model. Besides helping you and your dh have better interactions, they could also help some with parenting and developmental issues. Ds is very sensitve to my mood changes, and he usually winds up in response. He is so much more likely to yell, scream, or tantrum when I am showing signs of fatigue or stress.

One last thought, does your state or community offer any parenting programs? Ours offered one called Parents as Teachers, and we participated for a period. Once a month a child development worker would come into our house and assess ds and dd's development. She would then give recommendations of activities that would be age appropiate and ideas for how to work through more difficult situations.
#14 of 113 Old 06-12-2005, 04:36 PM

i agree that if you seek therapy, it should be a whole-family thing, or at least find a child therapist that treats it as such. Saying "yeah, your kid has an anger problem" won't help you out much, but teaching you and your hubby to be better models for your daughter's behavior would

My hubby and i try not to fight in front of the kids, but as you know, sometimes that's about impossible! i think it helps if you try to make up in front of them too, and explain that mommy and daddy were mad at each other, but you still love each other.

My kids don't seem to have any trouble getting along with other kids, but having siblings really helps with that. The little struggles they have with each other all day, every day, seem to lessen the tension when they're around others, lol.
#15 of 113 Old 06-12-2005, 06:14 PM

I totally agree with 'family therapy" and hope you can find a really good therapist. it is hard to find them some times. so , ask around. One thing that would be great about doing it that way as a family is than it wouldnt look like "kailely has a problem"-- more so: " we have a problem and we will work on it together."
I know this must be difficult. Sharing is very hard for some kids it seems. more often it is especially difficult for onlies. Have faith and love your little girl. I'm sure it is not as bad as you might beleive
~L
#16 of 113 Old 06-13-2005, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Whew! Thank you so much for your replies.

Ok, so here is where we have started.
Well, first wanted to agree that this isn't a Kailey "problem" but a family one, and YES I want her to grow up healthy, mature, self assured, and confident AND know how to deal, work through frustrating aituations without freaking out (me).

We have taught her inappropriate behaviors, and I KNOW they are not unchangeable, it is just going to take some time to change. They weren't learned overnight and aren't going to change overnight either.

Ok, so.... not only are we making all efforts to be respectful to each other in daily conversation (I am a royal bitch to Mark sometimes), but we are doing som elimination as well. Starting for two weeks we are taking out all fried, salted, sugared, and junk food. We are going back on our 8:45 pm bath and 9:30 pm bedtime, AND our 7:45 a.m. wake up times (last night and today went GREAT! because of it- she was her joyful laughing self this evening as we played butterfly balloons). We are also going to be eating earlier. I have made a schedule of come home, relax, get settled in, and start supper (Kailey will love to help). This evening she started screaming that she didn't like what I was cooking and wanted crackers. As usual Isaid we could have crackers when we finished dinner. She through the dining room chair. I got down on her level and said FIRMLY, "We DO NOT throw chairs when we are frustrated." We use our words. You can say, "mommy I am frustrated that I can't have crackers now." BUT you may not throw the chair". She got huffy but stopped. She tried to get yogurt right before we dished up dinner and started screaming, again I calmy said, "I hear your words Kailey, you want yogurt, so lets eat dinner so we can eat our yogurt." I avoided saying NO, and instead focused on what she could do. She still screamed and I said to her, "I'm sorry you are upset that you need to eat dinner before you get crackers, but I cannot stay in the kitchen if you are going to scream at me. Use your inside voice and I can talk to you." She calmed down and asked nicely for some water. I CHEERFULLY got her some.

Right now she and Mark are reading in bed and I am breathing a sigh of relief that we made it through today.

I reminded Mark (while Kailey was screaming) that if he felt frustrated (I could see it on his face) that he had the option of walking away and coming back when he felt more calm. I also made a real effort not to "protect" Kailey from him and trusted him to be appropriate, and he was. Ok, so I am like, a control freak

I know this is just the beginning and it is going to get worse before it gets better, in fact 5 days from now you should all be expecting a whopper of a post about a stressful ballistic day, and hopefully a note saying we made it thorugh that one, unscathed.

Thanks again ladies and I of course will keep you updated.

Oh, regarding therapy. Kailey gets medicaid, but we do not. I don't want to make this a kailey issue and I think it would if we went to a psychologist for her. I called her doctor and she suggested the things I have mentioned above. She also suggested not going anywhere while she is getting used to her routine, for at least the first two weeks, and i think that sounds fine.
#17 of 113 Old 06-14-2005, 12:07 AM

Potty diva: That really sounds great! You will do fine, I can see you have what it takes to train yourselves to deal better... Ahhhh you are not alone in that, that's for sure. My dh and I are Not the best communicators and I have me one heck of a temper.
Good luck and yes, keep us posted.
How are all the others?
~L
#18 of 113 Old 06-16-2005, 01:07 PM

Teresa, you're not a control freak, you just have a firm grasp on the situation My hubby and i clash on the discipline issue sometimes too; we have the same basic philosophy, but when it comes to specifics, like, the duration of a particular time-out, we sometimes argue (i think 2 minutes is good for a 2 year old, or 4 minutes for a 4 year old, etc, while the thinks 10 minutes covers it all!), and the kids don't take us seriously *sigh*

Is anyone else homeschooling? Even just for preschool?
#19 of 113 Old 06-16-2005, 06:56 PM

I guess you could say I have been "homeschooling" for preschool. Dd has never been in daycare/preschool. She did go to a "kiddie city" type program through the highschool last fall they go for an hour and a half 3 x a week; Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from September until before Thanksgiving.

This year she will go in the fall and then the next spring is her age group too and it is only $25.00. We are not positive whether we will be doing public school, private or home and I am getting stressed out about it, we will be running out of time to decide.

:energ y
#20 of 113 Old 06-17-2005, 12:25 PM

lol, it is getting close to time

It's kind of a non-issue around here; we know we'll be homeschooling, because we grew up here, and know how inferior the local school is, lol. Also, kindergartners have to be 5 by September 1st (i don't know if it's just here, or everywhere), and Ryvre is an October baby, so that puts him there in 2007-2008, but he's already showing signs that he might be ready even this year. No problem there though, because i'd really like to have a say in his education anyway, so i'll just start covering whatever he's ready for, and go from there.
#21 of 113 Old 06-19-2005, 12:16 PM

Moving this thread to The Childhood Years. See this thread for more info:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=303060

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#22 of 113 Old 06-19-2005, 02:42 PM

Hi all. My ds, Jaymes, was born 10.10.01 He's very talkative and playful. He also has a quiet/shy side which he gets from dh. He's into magical stories/movies that has a hero w/a sword. We watched a documentary on fencing and I don't think he blinked once! He's very passive and although he is a tall and stong boy he backs away when there are aggresive children around. He will and has stuck up for himself when needed. His new fav foods are halibut, ahi, cheese tortellini w/sun dried tomato pesto, and orange-raw bell peppers. I'm so stinkin happy about this, but you know how kids are, it could all end tomarrow, LOL.
As for tantrums. He has his share of whining and lately, yelling at me. It does come from his surroundings as others have mentioned, IMO. We've had a talk about mommy raising her voice and about ds raising his voice. It's all good. He's just finding his little person and testing boundries. And I'm learning not to relive my childhood which consisted of 5 siblings who saw nothing the same and parents, esp mom, who yelled.
OP...sounds like you are aware of dd issues and why. Good for you. It's hard to admit that we are a reflection of undesirable behavior. Can you imagine what the world would be like if we all thought logically? You're doing a great job! I'd send a smiley, but they've disappeared from my screen!?
#23 of 113 Old 06-19-2005, 06:55 PM

We are homeschooling. Nicholas will be doing pre-writing stuff and basic math. He already has a great grasp on numbers. He also knows his letters by site, colors, shapes, and such. I am actually my kids out of public school and we are homeschooling everyone.

Rebecca wife of Megan...moms to six crazy kiddos! Seth (15), Madison (13), Zachary (12), Trevor (12), Alex (10), and Nicholas (9)
#24 of 113 Old 06-19-2005, 09:55 PM

Hi ladies, My DD Avery Leigh was born Feb 2001. Four has been a big challenge for us so far. I guess my biggest concerns are that she seems to be very aggresive with her big sister who is 7. She doesn't communicate her feelings well and will instead lash out. She is VERY strong willed and knows just what she wants and will freak if she is denied. We try to teach her compassion and not to hurt Hannah, but she still does it. We've had some not so proud moments of a spank on the bum but that is not something we want to do or believe in doing. We try time-outs and taking favorite toys away and we try to be consistent. It's been hard. She's 4 going on 14 and wants so badly to be with a big girl like her sister. She is such a smart and loving little girl. SHe LOVES her baby sister and is a real little mama to her. She really is a wonderful big sister. I love her so dearly but man by the end of the night when she's still going nuts because she can't do her hair the right way and I can't do her hair the right way...it wears me out. This little girl hasn't napped since she was a year and a half and has been on the go ever since. She's very artistic like her older sister and she loves to make playdoh and paint. I try to really stress the positives with her as much as possible.

I'm so glad I have a place to come chat about my crazy beautiful girl!
#25 of 113 Old 06-20-2005, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

Oh heck! my email isn't working for MDC so I guess I haven't seen the replies.

Welcome all the new posters, right thee on!

Ok, things look good. I hate being to optimistice to early in the game in case I might jinx it

We have been doing a green light/red light thing at home and school. Last week was the first week. She had 3 green lights out of four days. Her teacher said she had to give a red light because she attacked another child. I agreed.

She gets a daily reward and then a long term weekly reward. We went to the beach on Saturday and she loved it. First time since she was 11 months old.

We are also being faithful to the 9:30 bedtime, 7:45 wake up. It has made a huge difference. She aps at school now and is happier in the afternoons and evenings. It was getting really hairy there for awhile.

Mark and I are taking steps back and thinking before we communicate. It feels good and I think it also keeps us motivated to continue. I have to keep in mind that he is not a mind reader and I need to tell him my concerns, needs, fears, etc before he can respond to them. DUH! What a novel idea. The weird thing is that I am doing it! I have such a fear of rejection, yeesh!

Storeimy~ I dig you sista. Kailey lashes out a lot too. If she gets frustrated (she's a perfectionist like her daddy) she will scream like someone is trying to kill her. Oh my ears!

Sounds like our dd's are a lot alike
#26 of 113 Old 06-20-2005, 01:51 AM

A playgroup... for parents. Very nice... thanks for starting the thread Potty Diva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeimy
Hi ladies
Well hi right back. Fancy meeting you here.

Hey all, indeed, I've got a 2001 babe as well. Babe, yeah right! Today I called him my baby and he looked at me and says (in his best valley girl voice that is), "Uh Mom-may, I am a ba-ig bo-y!" Well, pardone moi!

Indeed, four has by far been our biggest challenge, and also the biggest fun. DS is grumpy, and then hilarious! The emotions are raw, they run in the total extremes most of the time. He's becoming super sensitive about all sorts of things and while before there was a certain amount of predictability, anymore I don't always know what's coming next. Say, like that time in the library where he started running all about (just out of my grasp) and lunging and roaring at people. Ahem, he was particularly inspired by a book about dinosaurs we'd just read. Anyway, it was so far from who he WAS that somedays I admit, I have a hard time accepting who he currently is... and then I grab Alfie Kohn's new book off the shelf, start re-reading, breathe in, breathe out... repeat.

OTOH, DS spends upwards of two hours day sitting at the table, drawing. He's incredibly focused (knowledgable!) about his passions (drums, trains, dinosaurs), and while upon first meeting he can be a bit cantankerous, once he's had a moment to relax, he's a great kid to play with--he's shy around kids he doesn't know, but it manifests itself as GRUMPY. He loves to play rough, but is still learning boundaries... today while wrestling, he quickly stuck his finger WAY UP DH's nose to the point of major pain. Um, Happy Father's Day?

The best to you all! We're rounding the 4 1/2 corner soonly. And ok, I admit it, I'm already reading up on "My Five Year Old" because the book cover said, "Sunny and Serene." Baby steps to age five, baby steps to age five.

The best,
Em

Em 43 - Wife to hubby Mom to DS born: Jan. '01
#27 of 113 Old 06-20-2005, 02:09 AM

I put the wrong link in my post above!!!

No wonder you were confused! :LOL

Here's the new link:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=303060

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#28 of 113 Old 06-20-2005, 04:19 AM

My oldest ds was born in november 2001. I am also starting to get worried about his speech. I can understand him all of the time but others find it hard. Dh has more trouble than me understanding him. I am wondering if I should take him to see a speech therapist. I was told by a college instructor of his co-op preschool that children should be understood by all by preschool age (she didn't mention that he needed to see one, but i didn't ask). so does this mean he needs help? there is a number in my area that I can call and they will come to our house and evaluate him for free just to see if there is a problem. I would like to do this but dh doesn't think so. i am worried that it might freak him out or something and affect his self esteem if he doesn't have a problem. i'm very confused about this. my nephew, who is 6 now needed to see a speech therapist but my sis never would open her eyes to it..even though we gently told her for many years. (she also has a degree in child developement and still won't accept his need for help!) I still can't understand him and don't want my son to end up that way. any suggestions? should we wait it out? and for how long? thanks for listening
#29 of 113 Old 06-20-2005, 07:39 AM

Hi everyone. My middle child, dd1, was born in August 2001. She is an amazing child! We have so much fun w/her, and all the others of course. A little about dd - she is super smart, and that smartness can be used for good or evil! (as in taunting her older brother, or fibbing, or if I ask her if she did something she is not supposed to, like throw her lunch in the trash, she'll say, "Did you see me throw my lunch in the trash?") She also takes dance class, and is a born perfomer. She just finished her first year of preschool and it was a great experience for her.

Being my middle child, between a baby, a high maintenance older brother, along w/a 17 year old cousin who is like a big brother, I think sometimes dd gets lost in the mix. It is nice to have this thread to focus on her a little bit.

Also, my ds was in speech tx. for a couple years. I'm glad to share info. if I can be helpful.

Hugs mamas,

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#30 of 113 Old 06-20-2005, 10:40 AM

Hi, all!

My one and only, Noah Matheo, was born May 19 2001.

He is an amazing little guy. He is extremely interessted in all kinds of sport and all physical activities. He rollerblades, has a skateboard, plays football, loves hockey (Minus the skates.. Will get iceskates next winter) and every other sportsactivity you can imagine..

He jumps, runs, jumps on one foot etc. like a proo and has for a long time.

He is a shy and easily frightened little soul, though.
He doesn`t trust anyone. Exept me and his dad. He hates being touched by people, unless HE is in total control.

4 is a crazy year, so far..
Every emotion he has is so much MORE than it was before, it seems. So raw.
But, I am enjoying the ride..

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...6108CcNmLhuybY

*Single, attached Norwegian mama to my LoveBug, 2001*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page