Where to find a swim bubble? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-11-2005, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

This summer my 4 yo dd is interested in learning how to swim. I have been told that using a "bubble" that simply snaps around the waist while helping to hold the child up is the best option. We have tried those suits that have floatation in the back and front, but dd is pretty tall and didn't like the feeling.

Can anyone help???? I have looked at : Target, Walmart, Toys R Us, K Mart, Namco, Christmas Tree Shop : and all over the internet. I am out of ideas.

Thanks!!!
#2 of 6 Old 06-11-2005, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmom
Hi!

This summer my 4 yo dd is interested in learning how to swim. I have been told that using a "bubble" that simply snaps around the waist while helping to hold the child up is the best option. We have tried those suits that have floatation in the back and front, but dd is pretty tall and didn't like the feeling.

Can anyone help???? I have looked at : Target, Walmart, Toys R Us, K Mart, Namco, Christmas Tree Shop : and all over the internet. I am out of ideas.

Thanks!!!
I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about. Can you describe it a bit more--- is it inflatable? Does it go all the way around? Etc... Also, who told you that using it was the best option?

#3 of 6 Old 06-11-2005, 11:55 AM

Try www.kiefer.com, look under learn to swim aids.There are also several internet companies who sell pool toys. If you are going to use a flotation device, make sure you get the back float with several rectangular floats sandwiched on top of each other and attached to the belt so that you can remove 1 at a time until your child swims. Keep in mind that once your child learns to swim with a flotation device they still need to learn again w/o one. I run a pool and we do not use any type of flotation devices in our swim lessons, it sort of defeats the purpose. I do however understand that sometimes it is necessary, especially if you have other kids and you can not have your hands on your child at all times.
Good luck and stay safe!
#4 of 6 Old 06-11-2005, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2
I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about. Can you describe it a bit more--- is it inflatable? Does it go all the way around? Etc... Also, who told you that using it was the best option?
It is an oval shaped foam bubble with a strap that clips around the belly. t

Belly B~ thanks for your advice! It makes sense to find one has removable pads.

The site you directed me to is perfect!! Now why couldn't I find the site during my site? They sell a trainer that just snaps around the belly (more comfortable) but also has the removable pads.
#5 of 6 Old 06-15-2005, 09:42 AM

We bought our bubble at the YMCA were my daughter takes swimming lessons. They use the bubbles during their lessons. It was very inexpensive and I believe it was less expensive that the Keifer site. Her swim bubble is similar to the Kiefer Swim ‘N Play Trainer .

Angela
#6 of 6 Old 06-15-2005, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Our Swim and Play Trainer came in the mail today! Thanks for the advice!

Of course it is ony 65 degrees out today (too cold for the beach) when it was 97 degrees out yesterday. Gotta love New England weather!! :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page