Underarm Odor in 7 year Old Girl? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-23-2005, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 7 year old daughter has been getting underarm odor. I also notice her nipples are taking on a puffy look and it appears liek she is very early stages of breast development. Is this too early? I heard too early of puberty isn't healthy for little girls? If I recall, I didn't have underarm odor until I was about 11 and started my period at 13, but I did develop breasts early. By the 4th grade I was wearing a bra. By the 7th grade, I had 36 DD and I was not overweight.

BTW - I heard this can be caused from milk, but we buy organic cow's milk that is hormone free, so that is eliminated as a possibility.
#2 of 11 Old 06-23-2005, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No milk can be hormone free. It still has the cow's estrogen in it. Does she drink a lot of it? Does she eat a lot of soy?

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#3 of 11 Old 06-23-2005, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondiapers
No milk can be hormone free. It still has the cow's estrogen in it. Does she drink a lot of it? Does she eat a lot of soy?
No, she hates milk and only consumes it in her cereal, which she has about twice a week. She has ice cream (small serving) once a week and once in a blue moon she will have chocolate milk. We use suppliments and good foods to provide calcium. We also are a soy free home, due to severe soy allergies. While she gets under arm odor, she doens't sweat a whole lot.
#4 of 11 Old 06-23-2005, 03:51 PM

wow, well lets hope she's a slow bloomer instead of an overnight bloomer. It doesn't sound like she consuming hormones excessively, what about the women in her father's family? did they hit puberty early?

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#5 of 11 Old 06-23-2005, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Her biological father and I broke up before she was born (he couldn't handle being a dad and demanded I have an abortion, so I told him to take a hike.) I know nothing of his family history. The women in my family all started thier periods at around 13.
#6 of 11 Old 06-23-2005, 04:17 PM

I think I'd try not to worry and chaulk it up to genetics

#7 of 11 Old 06-23-2005, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks.
#8 of 11 Old 06-23-2005, 05:46 PM

My DD is nine and about age 7 she started with the same as yours. Underarm odor, puffy boobs (I say tent boobs) like they don't look like breast yet but..buds? She has a little underarm hair. I was sure she was going to start early puberty but she has been the same for the last 2 years.
#9 of 11 Old 06-23-2005, 06:05 PM

My DD is kind of a late bloomer in that department, but my son has had underarm odor for a couple of years now and I know friends that are in the same position you are right now with their daughters.
#10 of 11 Old 06-24-2005, 06:14 PM

my dd is the same as yours at 7 though she started the boobies at about 3 months before 7th birthday. It is a total shocker but according to her ped and test she is not going through precocious puberty. i bet its the same for yours...my dd knows her body's clock is ahead of most of the girls (but she is not alone) and that everyone's clock is different. i've told her how my clock was slower than everyone else's which can be just as embaressing. it's a shock, no?
#11 of 11 Old 06-25-2005, 02:02 PM

i read in a very pro vegan book, meaning take this with a grain of salt
that there is a lot of hormones in meat, that animals are given hormons to grow bigger and that this can be the cause of early puberty in girls, and that eliminating meat from the diet can fix the problem, the book did say there is a name for it, and i don't remember what it was i gave the book to my dad because it was so depressing

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page