Help! I'm the Mommy of a 4yo! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 01-11-2008, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ooh i was looking for this thread a while ago and couldn't find it. DD is four (approaching 5, thankfully!!!) and wow...

i have a childless friend (who has extensive babysitting experience) who always tells me "do this, do that, you can't let her do blah blah blah." i love her, but man can it get annoying : i'm just waiting till it's HER kid that's freaking out, mwahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 67 Old 01-11-2008, 11:52 PM

Oh! You are all making me feel so much better!!! I was beginning to think I'd done something horribly wrong that turned my sweet, loving girl into an absolute attitude monster. The other day she told me she didn't want to hurt my feelings, but she needed to say she didn't love me anymore.
I've also been told that I need to move into another house -- "You could still be close. Why don't you try around the corner?" --- "You're not the queen! You'll never be the queen! You make the baddest rules!! You should stop listening to yourself!".
She's told me that she's going to move to Africa and stay there forever and never write me (I'm sure she'll give me a call eventually; I think she's going to need SOME help with the 122 children she plans on having -- that's the number she always picks.)
Last night, in the tub, while she was trying to stick her wet feet in my face and up my nose while I was trying, in vain, to get her to wash her hair I took a chance and asked why she sometimes decides to do things, on purpose that she knows will either anger, upset or sadden me. At first she vehemently denied ever doing anything purposefully malicious and then later recanted, saying, "I just can't help myself. I HAVE to do these things to you." Sigh
What I can't understand is why Daddy never gets the wicked stepsister treatment. Please tell me this will end!
#63 of 67 Old 01-12-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajubilee View Post

And this one i just discovered: he appears to have found a special spot on the carpet to start peeing on. i caught him the other day, smelled the carpet, and realized there's no way that much stank came from one incident. i have no idea how long that's been going on. :

(sigh) i feel your pain. :LOL

Maybe I'm lucky that ds only occasionally will pee in the playground?

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#64 of 67 Old 01-12-2008, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
anyone have experience with a 4yo who seems to be suddenly extremely shy?

we recently pulled ds out of school (long story, but he had an overall good experience). so this means he has been having more playdates and seeing some of his homeschooled friends more. anyway, this past week he has had 2 friends over (one different days) and was a total jerk to them!!! he didnt want to share, he told them they weren't his friend, he would SHOOT at them with his finger (one of the lovely behaviors he picked up from is waldorf school). just awful.
sometimes he can be a bit territorial at home, but he acted this way at the park too.

he was supposed to play soccer with some friends today, and then go to a bday party, but we are not going to go. i don't want him to alienate all his friends. plus it is just embarrassing!!!

this is such a tough issue for me because i am super shy and really have to work to put myself out there. i don't want ds to have trouble making friends and maintaining relationships.

he has always had trouble separating, but for the past year and a half he has had minimal trouble going to friends houses or school.

i layed awake for an hour early this AM just worrying about him.

eta he turns four in a week. also, it seems like he only does this when me or dp are with him. when he goes to someone else's house without us, he behaves fine. the trouble is, he is refusing to go to playdates without us. wtf?

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#65 of 67 Old 01-13-2008, 12:25 AM

I love my 4 yr old! He's sweet and caring and creative. Sure, he has some outbursts, but don't we all?
#66 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 06:52 PM

OP, would you stop hacking my account
#67 of 67 Old 01-15-2008, 04:16 AM

It seems to be a tough age. DD (4) doesn't get time-outs, but mommy has been given plenty. Apparently I'm a difficult to manage mother.

Oh well, you haven't lived until you've been dressed down by your 4yo.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page