Funniest names you've heard for private parts... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know why this popped into my head just now, but growing up my parents told my youngest sister to call her vagina "codfish"

One of my clearest memories of my little sister was her walking into the room and announcing at the top of her voice, "MY CODFISH ITCHES!!!" How can you not laugh at that?

Sorry . TMI?
Anyone else?
#2 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 03:47 AM

Codfish. That is just so wrong.

A friend of mine told me today that her parents called breasts "beehives." Wha???

What is with the animalesque connotations of the Forbidden Zone? I am sure there's a dissertation in there somewhere.
#3 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, yeah, breasts. My mom called those "buddies". One of the most embarassing moments of my young life was when my mom was talking to her friend on the phone, looked at me, paused, and said, "It's time to go buy Jenny a bra, I can see her buddies coming in." I wanted to die.

Buddies isn't so bad though. Makes more sense to me somehow than beehives. :-)
#4 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 04:08 AM

:LOL those are pretty funny.

I once heard a little girl call her vagina 'fine china'. :LOL
#5 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 05:02 AM
BIT

LOl I know a little girl that calls her Vagina a volcano ???

my neice at the age of 3 came up to my sister one day and pointed to her breasts and said "mommy my chest pimples are itchy" I died laughing

Joan
#6 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 08:37 AM

LOL....the codfish thing kills me.

My mom used to call the vagina a doo-dee-da. So up until about age 10 or so I thought it was truly called a doodeeda. I had no clue.My parents obviously weren't teaching me awareness of my body.
#7 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
A friend of Dh's taught her son to call his penis his "turtle" Bet that one bites her in the ass at the petting zoo one day.
#8 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 09:23 AM

DS called his penis a 'dangle' I think he just came up with it himself, makes sense doesn't it?? (he'd die if he knew i was posting this)

Whatever will be, already is...

#9 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 09:33 AM

I had older sisters and my oldest sister, when I was just starting to develop, used to tell me (when I said I needed a training bra because my breasts were developing), "Don't make a mountain out of a molehill". So for a while I thought that breasts were called molehills. :LOL
#10 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 12:02 PM

I have taught my children what the correct names are. However, my dd has referred to her nipples as pimples on occasion. The son of one woman I know refers to his penis as "Bug", she has no idea why.

"Beehives" really makes me chuckle.

Kathy-Mom to Blake & Mikaela
#11 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 12:25 PM

we were trying to help my 1 year old daughter learn that her privates were not called "poop in there" but "vulva" but it quickly degraded to "Volvo" like the car. And so now Branwyn has a "Volvo" but I suppose that is close enough to the correct word that it wont cause too much confustion later.
Joline
#12 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 01:19 PM

My mother always referred to breasts as "nanny pies" That term just makes me cringe! I thought she made it up, but I was reading the book Raney by Clyde Edgerton and they used that word.

I only have sons, but I have friends that refer to the vulva as "ootchie" and friends that call it a "hoo ha"

I used to be a nanny. The nanny that I replaced referred to the children's bottoms as "BOON-da" I *still* call it that.

My best friend calls testicles "doo dads"
#13 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 01:26 PM

An elderly friend of ours calls the female genitalia a "snitty."
#14 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 01:31 PM

My granddad used to refer to breasts as lungs. As in "Wow, she better be careful, her lungs might just fall right out of that shirt!" LOL

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#15 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 01:33 PM

I say "girly bits" with my older dd. She gets quite ambarressed with vagina, vulva..... My younger dd uses vagina - accent on the A..."vaginA!"

Growing up my friend used "toonie". We didnt use any words in my house, so it stuck with me. Years later when our $2.00 bill turns into a $2 coin and its called a toonie, I'm scarred for life! :LOL

My boys all use penis and testicles. Pretty boring but effective.
#16 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 01:45 PM

Oh. My. Gosh. This is sooooo frickin' funny.

I love the turtle bitin' you at the petting zoo observation. Wanna pet a turtle? The wise child says, NO THANKS, MISTER! Next thing, they'll be offering candy and a ride in their car! Sickos.

Nanny pies? Too, too funny. Why isn't there a smilie for spitting water out on the monitor? Why nanny pies?

Regarding a certain swedish automaker, when my daughter was first learning to sound out words, we were behind a Volvo. She was aghast that they'd named their car (because she thought cars were "named" by their owners - you know, an Accord, a Cherokee, I don't know why) after their vulva. And we made the mistake of laughing hilariously. And then she took great delight in "there goes another vulva car! Isn't that STRANGE, it doesn't LOOK like a vulva!"

Yes, grandma loved that, she loved that a lot.

Regarding going to the bathroom, a certain grandma called it "making a mess." As in, "do you need to make a mess?" Talk about poop issues.
#17 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 01:53 PM

My mother called our private parts our tutu's. I have no idea why. Imagine my shock when at age 8 I heard someone talking about dancing around in a tutu! :LOL My daughter calls it her vulva but it sounds like bulba when she says it. She's at the age where she's noticing her parts and I don't want her to have any shame so when she asked what "that bumpy this is" I told her it was her clitoris. My mom was over and took Olivia to the bathroom and all of a sudden I heard Olivia say "I have a clitoris!" My mom shot out of the bathroom and said, "Shawna WHAT are you teaching her, that's obscene!" I just laughed! My son called his parts penis and scrotum.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#18 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 02:17 PM

my mom always called it a vagina and if we tried to use some cutesy word for vagina or penis she would tell us "that's not what it's called you need to call it by the proper name"

alhtough my DH calls the breast (well mine) Silky milkies.(the right one having a much higher milk production is milky)

i heard someone call a penis a weezlesnout.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#19 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 02:35 PM

A girl I went to school(a Catholic one) with referred to her vagina as her tabernacle. Her mother didn't have too many religious issues. She used to tell everyone--quite proudly-- about the day her dd came running in the house becase there was sand in the tabernacle.
#20 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 02:38 PM

My 4 year old niece calls her breasts her "bubby - cheeks" :LOL
She came up with that herself! I almost fell over laughing!
#21 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 02:40 PM

Angina and peanuts; "I have an angina, but he has a peanuts."
#22 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 04:02 PM

My mother didn't CALL it this seriously, but she joked about calling it "possible." She would say, "Don't forget to wash possible!" It came from the idea of someone reaching alllll the way up and washing as far down as possible, then reaching allll the way down and washing far up as possible, and then....washing possible! :LOL
#23 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 04:15 PM

I thought of another one!

When I was pregnant and having bleeding every month I was home on bedrest one time and she phoned to ask "hows everything....you know, down there?" Um, down where mom? Austrailia? I think everything is fine mom, but if you're talking about my vaginal bleeding, its still there.
#24 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 04:23 PM

I gotta come back and read this when I can, but someone on here posted in the past that they call their sons parts "twig & berries" & I laughed so hard when I read that one!
#25 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly
My mother called our private parts our tutu's. I have no idea why. Imagine my shock when at age 8 I heard someone talking about dancing around in a tutu!
OMG, that's what my mother called it! Ballet sure was interesting. And don't even get me started on Desmond Tutu! Where do people come up with these words?? To me, they sound goofier and more embarrassing than the correct words (although nothing embarrasses me anymore).
#26 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 06:06 PM

If my DH sees a penis on tv/movie he'll refer to it as a, "dork." I've never heard of this before and it took me a long time to get used to it. If he would say, "look at that dork," my reponse would be, "where?" I wouldn't be thinking about a penis... I'd be thinking of some geek or something, and looking for the wrong thing, lol.
#27 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 06:23 PM

The husband of an acquaintance of mine thought the word "penis" was embarrassing so he taught their son to say "little fireman" instead. :LOL Personally I think that's a whole lot more embarrassing than penis!
#28 of 88 Old 08-09-2005, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomom
Angina and peanuts; "I have an angina, but he has a peanuts."
That is too cute!

My nephew calls his penis a "pickle".

I've referred to the vagina as a hoo-ha before. :
#29 of 88 Old 08-10-2005, 06:13 AM

for some reason ds 1, when he was about 2 came up with the name 'tickle' for vaginas.

he would say, 'woliver willy, daddy willy, mummy tickle' i have no idea where the inspirationf rom that came from, my mum was cool about it but my mil became uncomfortable about his constant mentionning of her having a tickle after a while.
#30 of 88 Old 08-10-2005, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags
If my DH sees a penis on tv/movie he'll refer to it as a, "dork." I've never heard of this before and it took me a long time to get used to it. If he would say, "look at that dork," my reponse would be, "where?" I wouldn't be thinking about a penis... I'd be thinking of some geek or something, and looking for the wrong thing, lol.

useless fact # 2675849 Dork is the head of a penis

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page