How smart they make you feel!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-07-2002, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I love this stage!! I've loved every stage to this point, and am sure I'll love all the stages PAST this point, but I love this because...

They ask you these questions like, "mommy, why do we have eyes?" and you can ANSWER THEM!! And explain in detail WHY we have eyes! Then they can continue to ask "why do we have tongues?" and on and on!!

Never before have I felt as intelligent as I do now that he's 3! And it's SUCK A BASIC INTELLIGENCE! But it's something all the same!

LOL!

Emily

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-08-2002, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL Emily!

Actually, I have the opposite problem, because dd (also 3) is always correcting me:

Dd: Mommy, what's that? (pointing out car window)

Me: Oh, that's a tractor.

Dd: No, Mommy, it's not a tractor, it's a backhoe!

Me: That's right, it's a backhoe.

And this is not the end of it, because all day she will be telling me, "Mommy, remember that backhoe? You called it a TRACTOR." And she will tell everyone she meets that day how ignorant her mommy is about construction vehicles. :

She's pretty damn cute, though!
#3 of 3 Old 01-10-2002, 01:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Emily,
LOL! I am from NH too! Where are you located? I know exactly what you mean. My ds is 3 1/2 and in the past few weeks has become a different kid. He is a non-stop talker. My DH and I are laughing all the time now by the things that he comes up with to ask us and tell us. The funnier thing is when he then later imparts his grand wisdom to his little brother who is 19 months old. Little brother looks at him with such wonder like :" You the man! How do you know all this stuff " It's hysterical! I love that I can answer all his questions right now and he never is even the slightest bit concerned whether I am really right or not, he just takes me at my word.
Peacemama, I also feel your pain when DS corrects me. One day we were driving and I was obviously not paying attention as well I should have been. He says " Mommy we are going to the right." and I replied " That's right we are going to the left." and don't you know his reply was " Mommy we are going to the right, you need to pay more attention when you drive!" : He was right!
I love this stage but it also reminds me on a daily basis that the baby I prayed for for so long is growing up and there is not a damn thing I can do to put a stop to it ( not that I REALLY want to). I just miss all those cute baby things and they way he used to fit just so in my arms. Oh well, enough of my rambling. Let's just enjoy our brilliance while we still can!

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page