wetting the bed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-15-2005, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds has been dry at night since he potty trained at 3.5 over 2 years ago. All of the sudden he has started wetting the bed again. For the past month. Dh has said he hears him get up to pee in the night and he still wets the bed even when he gets up. I am really concerned. I told him we may have to try bedtime diapers and he said he wouldn't wear them and would just take them off. After I mentioned that he also tried to hide it from me for a couple of days. I feel bad because I know he can't help it. The other strange part is when I was changing his bed I noticed it smelled maple syrupy.

Nothing out of the ordianry has been happening, he pees before bed every night. I don't know if I should take him into the doctor to get him checked out or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2005, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have him tested for diabetes. Excessive thirst and urination (especially "sweet smelling" urine) is a symptom. I know this because my youngest ds went through the same thing - completely potty trained by age two but began night wetting again at age 5. The first thing the doctor did was test for diabetes. My ds does not have diabetes but does still wet in his sleep sometimes (he is now 8). It doesn't matter if we wake him up to pee - if he needs to go he sleeps right through it. He is a VERY deep sleeper.

User Tag List