Most embarassing thing your dc said/did... - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 230 Old 01-27-2007, 02:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#182 of 230 Old 01-27-2007, 03:14 AM

My oldest likes to dance. I don't know how she knows how to just have the right way to dance to any music she hears. She just moves the right way.

Well we had the TV on, and a vacuum salesman managed to get into our house. We've since become less welcoming. However, he is in and my girls like to show off for guests.

Well she's really been liking dancing, and she's been taking off her clothing at every chance she gets. Music on the TV was a vibrating beat - so my 4 year old starts dancing and wiggly her clothes off. Oh man, it was very hard to stay nice and calm while asking her in a slightly pained voice to please stop.

She also yelled out my window when I was driving in a parking lot, "Hey, YOU CAN'T DRIVE GOOFY!"
#183 of 230 Old 06-07-2007, 10:58 PM

more! more! :

DIYer mama to DD 11/00 and DS 6/05- both intact, naturally!
...missing Mothering Magazine...

#184 of 230 Old 06-08-2007, 02:58 PM

This is the best thread ever.

When my cousin was three or four, he was a big fan of UPS trucks. My mom asked him if he knew what UPS stood for. He said, "You penis truck?" Everyone laughed. After that, whenever he saw a UPS truck, he would shout, "YOU PENIS TRUCK!"
#185 of 230 Old 06-09-2007, 02:00 AM

I'm sure if I think about, my dds have done/said some good things...but what pops to mind is actually my cousin:

M was about 5 years old, and my aunt (his mom) was out shopping with him and his best buddy (same age). They both had to pee, so she sent them into the men's restroom, while she lurkrf around nearby. Well, a long time went by...and they finally emerged. My aunt asked what they'd been doing, and nice and loud so the whole store could hear, M stated, "we were playing rocketships with our penises!"

Midwife and mama in the Valley of the Sun
#186 of 230 Old 06-09-2007, 02:51 AM

lMAO

I don't have too many yet but they are coming, he's not yet three LOL and the baby is 4 months

We're in Walmart (I know ) when DS is 18 months. He's mentioned nothing about the impending baby for a couple weeks, but out of nowhere, this is now the moment to lift my shirt to almost revealing my bra and yell BABY!!!!!!

I am waiting for the moment he lifts my shirt to tell random people in public about "Sophie's na-na's" (a word he picked up at my friend's house) Or when ppl are over and he does it....so far he has limited his curiosity to when his parents are the only witnesses LOL (I'm thinking this will have to of course happen Sunday in front of his great grandma and great aunt...)

oddly enough my child has not expressed curiosity about the differences between his and his sister's bodies yet..........but then I don't think he pays much attention to diaper time for her either.

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#187 of 230 Old 06-09-2007, 03:42 AM

My DD is not quite two, so we are really new to the embarassing-child stage. Recently, we got a huge box of books & toys from my aunt. There was a plastic Hulk doll that has become her favorite. We were in Target and she was sitting in the cart hugging Hulk. She discovered that Hulk has several holes for the screws that hold him together. She was going all over Hulk's body sticking her fingers in the holes and saying "uh-oh, Hulk!" Well she soon discovered that Hulk has a hole...right in the seat of his pants. I'm a couple feet away looking at something and she sticks her finger in this hole (seriously, WHO would put a screw in that one place for a child's toy?!) and SCREAMS "Uh-oh mama, HULK POO-POO! Hulk POO-POO BUTT!!!" And she keeps repeating this, over and over throughout the store, holding her Hulk doll up and pointing at his bum.

Nobody ever warned me that having a 2 year old means that you can no longer discreetly pass gas when you think nobody is around. DD screams "Uh-oh, mama POO-POO! Stinky mama!"

CPST & mom

#188 of 230 Old 06-09-2007, 04:54 AM

Not embarrassing, but humorous -

My dear friend was concerned her DS might have learning delays. It seemed he couldn't make sense of letters or tie words to pictures. And, DS seemed to "loose" what he had learned prior. At his age she expected DS would have been further along, as other children seemed to be. But, in all things, DS was a free spirit and not constrained by the expectations of others ... whether to toddle faster through the mall, keep his clothes on in public ... he had his own ideas about "when" and "how".

During one visit with my friend, she was intermittently trying to help her son match letters to animals on flashcards and make words with magnetic letters on the refrigerator. It wasn't going well when the phone rang and my friend left the room to answer. As soon as she was out of earshot, her son pulled my head down and whispered the entire alphabet in my ear. Then he went over to the refrigerator and, with the magnetic letters, spelled out his name, mine, and the name of the animal on the last flashcard his mother had turned over.

As soon as he heard his mom coming back into the room, he messed-up the letter magnets and put his finger to his lips, signaling me to keep quiet. Apparently, he didn't want to bring an innocent bystander (me) into his torment of mother but needed to ensure my silence.

Sadism starts young.
#189 of 230 Old 06-09-2007, 02:34 PM

"Mommy has hair on her bottom and I will have hair on my bottom when I get big"

Yea. When she first noticed this, she couldn't get over it for a long time--she kept laughing because their was hair THERE.

More recently, talking to a physical therapist during an assessment "I have TWO mommies!!" The first time I heard about this, I thought no biggie. And then I realized what other people who didn't know us personally thought.

LMAO OH well. Forget mommy ever hooking up with the MALE physical therapist or anyone else dd tells this to. Dd has a birthmom and then she has me--so technically in her eyes, she has TWO mommies. My mother would have been appalled and horrified at the thought that someone assumed she was gay, me on the other hand...I thought it was hilarious.
#190 of 230 Old 06-09-2007, 02:40 PM

"Boobies" while popping them with her hands as if they were balls. She got a kick out of this for a while and still does it on occasion. Usually while I am having a serious conversation with another adult, embarrassing her mother to death.
#191 of 230 Old 06-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

Ahhhh. We had one of those moments last Wednesday! We were all at Whole Foods doing some shopping and we passed by the *GASP* condomns and ******* said loudly,"Hey momma,don't those go on your PENIS when you dont want a baby?!" I grew extremely red and busted out laughing.
#192 of 230 Old 06-10-2007, 05:48 PM

My dd (5 yo) is very pretty and although dh and I try not to focus on it too much, she gets a lot of attention from other people because of the way she looks. So the other day we were out, and this woman said, "Oh, your daughter is sooo beautiful." I was about to reply with a thank you, when my dd piped up and said, "Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty, golden hair, blah, blah" while rolling her eyes. : : I was mortified *and* shocked because dd is usually very shy and hardly ever speaks to strangers!

We had a talk about it later and I told her next time she could say, "Thanks! And I'm smart too!"
#193 of 230 Old 06-11-2007, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalyst View Post
Not embarrassing, but humorous -

My dear friend was concerned her DS might have learning delays. It seemed he couldn't make sense of letters or tie words to pictures. And, DS seemed to "loose" what he had learned prior. At his age she expected DS would have been further along, as other children seemed to be. But, in all things, DS was a free spirit and not constrained by the expectations of others ... whether to toddle faster through the mall, keep his clothes on in public ... he had his own ideas about "when" and "how".

During one visit with my friend, she was intermittently trying to help her son match letters to animals on flashcards and make words with magnetic letters on the refrigerator. It wasn't going well when the phone rang and my friend left the room to answer. As soon as she was out of earshot, her son pulled my head down and whispered the entire alphabet in my ear. Then he went over to the refrigerator and, with the magnetic letters, spelled out his name, mine, and the name of the animal on the last flashcard his mother had turned over.

As soon as he heard his mom coming back into the room, he messed-up the letter magnets and put his finger to his lips, signaling me to keep quiet. Apparently, he didn't want to bring an innocent bystander (me) into his torment of mother but needed to ensure my silence.

Sadism starts young.
OMG you have got to be kidding!!! How old is her DS? I hope you told your friend what he was up to...
#194 of 230 Old 06-11-2007, 05:14 PM

Just Today dd said (in line at the craft store):

"Mom, why do your boobs bounce around when you laugh?"

Me - "Let's talk about it when we get in the car"

I was thinking, "great, now everyone is looking at my boobs."
#195 of 230 Old 06-11-2007, 08:39 PM

I'm not lookin

#196 of 230 Old 06-11-2007, 09:04 PM

DD1 was 2.5 years old, walked in the bathroom and DH was peeing so she then ran to me and told me "Mamma daddy has a weenie in his betweens(yah betweens lol)" and I was like "Yes, well we've already told you that boys have a penis and girls have a vagina isn't it??"
Her: "Yep, but it's like a winnie"
Me: "But it's called penis not winnie"
Her: "Okay"

and then DH walked in and we leave as we where going to our monthly grocery shopping, she didn't said anything in the car but when we arrive she asked DH
Her: "Daddy, where did your winnie go?"
DH: (confused) "What?"
Her: Yeah, your winnie, in there, you where peeing and the pee was coming out of your winnie"(she said this rather loduly so you get an idea)
DH: (embarassed)
Her: Daddy, where does your winnie goes when you poop?
DH: It stays there
Her: Is it there?
DH: Yes

So then we passed by the sausages and she screamed
"THOSE ARE LIKE DADDY'S WINNIE!!!!!!"
dh wanted to melt in there lol and then she asked "Daddy can you eat your winnie?"
#197 of 230 Old 06-11-2007, 10:01 PM

DH and DD1 love to tease each other with potty humor at home, so naturally it's gonna spill over in public right? Right. We were at the doctor's office recently when Dh said to me "I'm going to talk to my senator" which is his code for going to do #2. The office is fairly busy, and DD1 runs up to the bathroom door and bellows Don't leave any crumbs! Being seven, we all know she's deliberately trying to embarrass DH, so I repimand her about manners, etc. Well, half hour later, we're done w/ the appt and are all walking through the office on our way out when she again says loudly to DH, So, it was you who left the floater, right?
#198 of 230 Old 06-11-2007, 10:37 PM

My dds have yet to embarrass me (it takes a lot)-but some things that cracked me up at the time:

was volunteering in dd's first grade class when they were doing their ocean unit. the teacher was talking about sharks and safety in the water-how to avoid attracting them by not going in the water with a bleeding cut, or urinating in the water, or....and dd pipes up in front of the class-"hey! my dad does that!!!!!!" I have yet to tell him-he would be mortified!

and another cute one, when she was younger and the class was learning about the parents' vocations-very hard for our poor kids because even dh can't figure out how to tell people what he does for a living without totally confusing them, particularly young children-so he usually just tells dd he's a consultant. The teacher was going around the class asking the kids what their parents did, and dd says "my dad is an insultant and travels all over the world!"
#199 of 230 Old 06-11-2007, 10:43 PM

My dd did the same thing in the Home Depot toilet. It was a "Pink Potty"! It was too late to stop her.

So, I walked out of the store and waited in the car, and let her Dad deal with it.

That was 12 years ago. I haven't been back in that store since then.
#200 of 230 Old 06-12-2007, 12:51 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
We were shopping DD was bugging to go home and watch tv and i told her too much tv was bad for her brain. She said "i know i will take out my brain and then watch tv!" Another time i told her the same thing and she just looked at me and said "i dont have a brain"

DD loves to explain the "rules" when we are out. So at the mall she is saying loudly "we dont say f*ck in the store. we dont say b*tch at school" etc

When my little bro was in kindy my mom went to family day at his class. All the other kids had a drawing up. The teacher pulled my mom aside and handed his drawing folded in half to her. My brother drew a male bear with complete anatomy.

My little sis was in school and she was to be in an inclusion class. She walked in the room and saw a bunch of people with physical disabilities and yelled "oh no LEOTARD people!"
#201 of 230 Old 06-12-2007, 12:55 AM

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#202 of 230 Old 06-12-2007, 03:18 PM

Not embarrassing, but cute- DS (3 1/2)told someone their clothes were pretty. Told DH he was pretty. Lots about who and what was pretty. So DH says 'isn't mommy so pretty?' and ds replies 'NO!' DH says 'I think mommy is very pretty, you don't think mommy is pretty?' and DS says 'No she's not pretty she's a HOTTIE'

His favorite joke/insult is to tell someone 'you eat poop'. Or 'you're a poop and you eat poop'.
#203 of 230 Old 06-12-2007, 03:29 PM

Just today we were at the grocery store and while on the aisle with the canned goods my 5 y o dd said very loudly "mommy, are you going to buy some fart beans?" My other children were laughing their butts off and yes, there was someone else standing there that probably heard her. Kids!

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#204 of 230 Old 11-17-2007, 11:26 PM

More! More! :

#205 of 230 Old 11-18-2007, 01:32 AM

When my daughter was three she and I went to an outdoor concert with a group of friends. After the show, we took a shuttle bus back to the parking lot where the car was parked. It was late and there was nothing open in the area, and I really had to pee...so I squatted in the bushes and thought nothing of it. Several days later we were at a family party, and I walk into a room to hear dd saying this:

"Most of the time, my mommy pees in the toilet. But sometimes, she pees in the bushes like a dog."

Because of all the laughter she got from it, she went on to tell just about anyone we encountered for the next couple of weeks.

Mama to A born 8/7/99
#206 of 230 Old 11-18-2007, 01:40 AM

Oh this thread is an oldie but goodie.

DS1 (4 1/2), DS2 (10 months), and I had friends for dinner: one of DS's playmates (also 4), his mom, and little sister (almost 2). We are all eating dinner at the table.

Friend: Yeah, we don't say shut-up
Friend's Mom: Right. We don't say that.
Me: Yup, we don't say that
DS1 : And we don't say F*CK

His friend's mom and I almost fell out of our chairs. I had to give a straight response without giggling. Too funny. FWIW, I did not teach him that word. He learned it from one of his other 4 y/o friends.
#207 of 230 Old 11-18-2007, 01:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulatara View Post

"Most of the time, my mommy pees in the toilet. But sometimes, she pees in the bushes like a dog."
#208 of 230 Old 11-18-2007, 02:18 AM

These are so funny!
Last Halloween we took Ds1 out trick or treating for the first time. We knocked at one house and the man who opened the door was wearing a trick pair of glasses with fake big eyes in the frames. Ds is usually a bit scared of things like this so to make light of it as we walked away I said, "Funny man! What silly glasses!" A few houses later we knocked at another door and the man who answered was wearing a regular pair of corrective glasses. Of course ds said right to his face, "Funny man! What silly glasses!"

Unschooling Mama to Asher (6) and Jasper (3) Crazy obsessed needle felter and maker of toys http://www.asherjasper.etsy.com
#209 of 230 Old 11-18-2007, 01:12 PM

I can think of a few! When my DD was small, she loved to tease her dad about being Mama's girl, not Daddy's. She was totally a Daddy's girl, btw! She gave him a rather weak kiss on the cheek once and DH said "That's it? Aren't you gonna make it smack?" My DD kinda looked and us funny, then slaps him across the face!

I nanny, so these are about the kiddos I care for:
My, then 2yo, was playing on the climber at the park. While standing on top, she saw a squirrel in the leaves collecting nuts. She yells, at the TOP of her lungs "Hey, L, look at that squirrel licking his nuts!" I apparently didn't answer fast enough, because she repeated!

The same child, now 3, has taken to putting on her "lipstick" (chapstick). When hers is unavailable she'll borrow mine. You know how they love to go round and round with it until they have layers on their mouths? Her 5yo brother was watching her and wanted some also. He asked me if it was really the color M had on. I told him it's really clear, she just puts on a little too much. He puts it on and hands it back saying "I'm done. Mine looks better because I only did 2 laps".
#210 of 230 Old 11-21-2007, 07:48 PM

more, more!

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page