Welcome, New Three-Year Olds! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 209 Old 02-01-2006, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow that's cool. punk, you must be doing better. how old is your baby now?
#122 of 209 Old 02-02-2006, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I had a long day with an adventure at the end!

I did actually make it to the post office (finally!) on a single vicodin. After that, I decided to run up to A.C. Moore to see if I could find a little slate for BeanBean. While I was there, I hobbled around the unfinished wood ailses; all of the unfinished wood things (shelves, doll houses, etc) were on sale for 33% off, but not all of them had signs. I saw a really nice bookshelf, 4 feet high, that didn't have a sale sign on it. So, I snagged a clerk and asked, and she said that not all of the signs were up yet but yes, it was on sale. Then she looked at it and said, "But that's the last one, and it's got a crack in it so it's got to come down and get put in the back." I told her that if I could get an extra discount on it, I'd buy it anyway; she asked the manager who told her that I could have 40% off instead of the 33%. I did a bit of math in my head and decided that was a decent deal, so I was pretty happy. They found a big strong manly man to take it down (and to take it out to the car for me, because I could barely walk myself ) while I found some slates for BeanBean. Here's the best part: when we got to the checkout, the clerk just scanned it and then added a 40% discount!! I got the shelf for less than $30. I was so excited! I couldn't stop giggling in the car, it made me so freaking happy. THe crack isn't a huge deal, either, it just means that the shelf isn't absolutely perfect. I totally don't care!

So after that, I went to Wally World and bought a crib matress for the new toddler bed (Mike got one from one of his coworkers) frame, and some sheets for them, and a small can of paint to paint my new bookshelf. It's cheap paint, and I can totally tell but it's okay, I'm happy and I'm confident that I'll be able to deal with it. Then I stopped at the health food store to pick up some herbal teas for Mike and BeanBean (who have icky coughs), and I came home just in time to get the kids some dinner and get BeanBean ready for his swimming lesson.

We went to the lesson, and BeanBean was, for the most part, very cooperative. Then towards the end, he was on the steps to go into the pool and slid and hit his head. He popped back up out of the water and started having a wahwah; I ran over and picked him up out of the pool, held him for a bit until he calmed down and then I talked to him for a moment before I looked at the back of his head. He'd totally split his scalp open! : "Okay," I said, "Let's go." I wrapped his towel around him, put my backpack on, and he took his floatation device off. Then I took him into the locker room, dried him quickly and got him dressed (no long, hot shower and fun with the blow dryer, which is what he usually does). Other parents kept asking, "Is he all right?" and I said, "Yeah, he's okay, he's just gonna need a couple of stitches." "Really?" "Yeah, take a look," and I showed them the back of his head. One woman went, "Oh my GOD!" and turned away suddenly; that actually got BeanBean crying again, so I had to pause in my super-quick-get-the-Bean-dressed routine to get him calm again. The other moms were just shocked at how calm I was about the whole thing, apparently I was supposed to freak out when I saw the big old gash and blood.

I didn't freak out at all, though, I just went into "Super Grownup" mode and got him dressed and into the car. I left the floatation device at the front desk because it had blood on it, and then drove home to let Mike know that I was taking BeanBean to the ER. He was like, "Why didn't you just go?!" I told him that I thought he might like to know where we were, since we were going to be very late getting back from the swimming lesson. Silly old man! He said, "Okay, thank you, see you later." So I took him to the ER, where he was calm and told the doctor his full name and date of birth and address and such (evidence that he didn't have a concussion), and he had three stitches put in. He hated the restraint (I hated it too ) and I told him that it was worthy of some closet words. He actually kicked his legs hard enough to pull them free of the plastic board. I held him afterwards, and gave him hugs and kisses. He really did quite well, all things considered. I hope that he remembers, though, when I tell him not to mess around at the pool that I say these things not because it's fun to say them, but because I want to avoid spending my nights in the ER when it's possible.

After we got home, BeanBean was extra attached to Mamma and a bit short with Daddy and BooBah. The kids and I snuggled up and they passed out very quickly; I took another vicodin before bed, and as soon as it kicked in I got up and painted the bookshelf. Well, I had that energy and I knew that I wouldn't be up to doing much today without drugs, because of course I ended up lifting and carrying BeanBean a lot more than I'd planned to (a trip to the ER entails much lifting and carrying, as I'm sure you all know) and that messed with my sciatica. So this morning, instead of seeing how far I could get with no pills, I had to take one just so that I'd be able to get out of bed and pee. Ick. And I'm definately going to have to go in tomorrow, but I'm telling the doctor straight away that I don't want to get any more vicodin, because I'm already (in my mind) depending on it too much to accomplish daily tasks, and I don't want my BellyBean exposed to any more of it. It's depressing enough to need narcotics to get out of bed, but it's gut wrenching when you're pregnant. I feel horrible about it.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#123 of 209 Old 02-03-2006, 03:13 AM

wow! that's an adventure.
rynna, are you alternating ibuprofen with acetomenophen? i know the narcotics do that thing, but it is not actually pain relief. and it's clear you want to quit the vicodin. you should and you sound a bit funny. it aint easy and i know you can find some alternatives to coping. better even to have lots of coffee and liquor or most anything else. how many weeks are you now?
#124 of 209 Old 02-03-2006, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

I'm 29 weeks (yesterday) along, and so ready for this pregnancy to be over. It's work, just like carrying BeanBean was.

I did try taking tylenol, and it did *nothing* for the pain; I can't take ibuprofen while I'm pregnant (aside from the third trimester risks, it upsets my stomach too much) so that's not an option. Before I started the vicodin, I was drinking a little bit of wine to help me get to sleep, but I'm not comfortable doing that during the day.

Ick, my headache is coming back... Oh well. I just came up here to get BeanBean's shoes, and here I've spent nearly an hour online.

#125 of 209 Old 02-04-2006, 09:29 PM

Rynna- Sorry you are feeling so terrible I hope it is getting better. I have had constant shoulder pain for 10 years due to a car accident. Last year at my physical my doc suggested I try seeing someone who does Feldenkrais work. He knew of someone and my insurance covered it b/c it is considered PT. I am still seeing him but most days I am pain free! I do the excerises but not as often as I should. It has really been incredible the transformation. Maybe you sould find a practitioner in your area. I got the sox yesterday and we LOVE them. Off to pm you.

Sarita- How is razi doing? I've been thinking about him.

Amy
#126 of 209 Old 02-06-2006, 01:46 AM

Rynna, sorry your having such a hard time. ((hugs)) Hope Beanbeans head is feeling better too. I'm glad Razi didn't need stitches!

Amy, Razi is doing totally fine. He starts back to school tomarrow. Thanks for asking! What a scare tho!!
#127 of 209 Old 02-06-2006, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Sarita, I'm so glad to hear that Razi's okay! It's funny that you're glad Razi didn't need stitches, I remember being really glad that BeanBean didn't need a CT scan. Stitches I can deal with, but an altered state of consciousness and/or vomitting would have totally freaked me out (well, at least on the inside ). In fact, my very first thought was, "This could definately be a hell of a lot worse!"

Amy-- so glad the socks are working out for you. I really love that self-striping yarn, it's just too much fun. I actually tried to make a soaker out of it, but the pattern doesn't work right until you get to the legs so it looked kind of funny to me. Like I said before, I'm going to make BooBah some tights with it, and I'll make the seat out of a different, plain, heavier wool so they'll be soaker pants, too. Not this year, though; I'm beginning to doubt that we're going to have any real winter at all. Today has been chilly, but it hasn't been cold at all since the third week of December.

I started more seeds today-- parsely and lavendar. I decided that if I have tons of parsely plants or basil plants, I can always sell them at the yard sale that I *will* actually have this year. No more procrastinating! It's totally going to happen this year. It's *got* to happen, baby or no, the third week of April and no later. I have too much stuff that I need to get rid of. Here's a question, though: what should I do for a table? I don't really have an appropriate table, and I'd feel silly buying something new just to hold a yard sale on it. Anyway, the yard sale will be totally justified in my mind if I make $50. I have no idea how realistic this goal is, but there you have it. I'm hoping to get rid of tons and tons of stuff on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and if it doesn't go it'll get Freecycled on Sunday evening/Monday morning. Decluttering, simplifying... I'm going to be breaking my horrible packrat habits, but I can do it... right?

#128 of 209 Old 02-06-2006, 11:17 AM

dh and I are also on a major decluttering binge. he is a throw it away guy who likes everything clean and in it's place and I am a pack rat. We started with the basement in early january and brought two packed loads of our station wagon to goodwill. now as we move back into our kitchen we are shedding tons of that stuff. we are doing a room or closet or corner at a time and planning for it to take the whole year. much like baby weight we figure we've been cluttering up this house for 9 years it won't get decluttered in a weekend.

Amy
#129 of 209 Old 02-06-2006, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

It's difficult for me to be sensible about decluttering. I grew up in a messy house, the child of a packrat who was in turn the child of a neat packrat: my grandmother managed to keep *everything*, but she was relatively organized about it. We found cute and silly little notes that her husband (deceased about ten years) had left for her 20 and 30 years earlier, 30+ years of anniversary cards, birthday cards, etc. It was *insane*. She had clothing that nobody would have been caught dead in for 40 years (though a lot of it would be considered kick ass vintage today, and there are some insanely cool looking things...), just about every pair of shoes she'd ever owned, even if she'd only worn them twice... it was just plain nuts.

My mother saved everything, but she never caught on to her mother's organization system at all. Everything was everywhere, and it sucked. Mike is the kind of guy who doesn't care much one way or the other, so things stay as I would have them, and I really, honestly don't know how to keep a house clean because I've never seen it done in person. I don't want my kids to grow up this way! Sure, I didn't care if things were messy when I was 6/7/8/9, but then I got to be 11 years old and suddenly I *did* care, but I had no idea where to begin. That's where I am now: caring, but with no clue as to where to begin. I always feel like I'm digging out, rarely organizing just trying to keep things under control, and nothing is. It's depressing and horrendous.

I've read through the FlyLady site, and I know that a lot of people ahve been successful at managing their clutter problems that way, but I've got a few very basic problems with it. First off, I have OCD and cannot touch dirty dishes in the sink. Secondly, I can't actually *reach* all of my sink to shine it. I really can't! It's not even designed for the average woman of today as most sinks are (the average woman of today being about 4.5 inches taller than I am!)-- it's obviously meant for someone about 5'6" or so. Too freaking high for me by a long shot, just like the cabinets. But I digress-- on the second day (or maybe the third) you're supposed to get dressed "to lace-up shoes." My shoes are (gasp!) velcro. Seriously! I can't fit into any of my lace-up shoes right now, my feet are too swollen from the pregnancy. The only shoes that fit me are a pair with velcro which I frankly don't like, but they were very inexpensive, sturdy as hell and they fit me very well (being boy's shoes instead of women's really helps :thumB) so I bought them. I'm willing to compromise on less important things, so even though I think that it's silly for anyone over the age of 11 to wear velcro shoes if they don't have arthritis, I bought them.

Anyway, reading over FlyLady, I felt like I'd failed before I'd even begun. So I haven't bothered, and I'm just trying to get on top of the never-ending mass of things. It's more difficult now than ever, because I can't carry laundry or anything else up and down the stairs (I have to wait for Mike to get home and do it) if it's large enough to interfere with me using my hands on the rails (I hobble ). I think that I'm making progress, and Mike swears that he can see it, but I so totally can't. It's horribly demoralizing.

Last night, after the kids went to bed and I finished painting the bookshelf, I made some baked oatmeal. I froze a batch and left the second batch in the oven. This morning, when I pulled it out to reheat and give some to the kids, I learned that Mike had discovered it. Apparently he had low blood sugar this morning and went on a bit of a binge. This means that he's going to want to do less work when he gets home (binges tend to result in high blood sugar and occasional ketone-spilling) and that sucks for me. He loved the oatmeal, though. I experimented a bit with the recipe, and it actually turned out okay. Mike has now promised to clean the kitchen *for real* when he gets home, if I will make more. Bribery! Whatever works.

#130 of 209 Old 02-07-2006, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
Sarita, I'm so glad to hear that Razi's okay! It's funny that you're glad Razi didn't need stitches, I remember being really glad that BeanBean didn't need a CT scan. Stitches I can deal with, but an altered state of consciousness and/or vomitting would have totally freaked me out (well, at least on the inside ). In fact, my very first thought was, "This could definately be a hell of a lot worse!"
well, I can't say I wouldn't have traded! But stitches and bleeding on top of all that just would have put me over the edge. I felt pretty proud of myself (looking back) about how I handled it all. Before Razi was conceived I took a Wilderness First Responder course (that's how i met tavis, he was my teacher ) and we had a whole section, days and days of practicals, on head injury. So I at least knew what to do, look for, etc.

Oh, also, Punk's computer is broken again and so she'll be gone for a bit and wanted me to let all you guys know.
#131 of 209 Old 02-07-2006, 02:57 AM

i could never look at flylady either. at some point i railed and ranted, yes probably to you ladies, that i was never given any lifetime habits on having a well-kept home and it is just not fair that most people i know can naturally do it here i've been improving myself at super speed just so things can work with the family and so i'm not just a slave that know where everything is. there are certain rules i can apply now though. like the main room has first priority. toys off floor, garbage, laundry, vacuumed. the kitchen is second. and cleared dining table and the two most obvious counters make a big difference. there are some things i haven't been able to do even though i figured it out - like practically appropriate and beautiful furniture for storage. open storage works better for me but closed doors keep us saner.

my laundry is surviving only because i keep it all hanging or in the wide dresser in the mud room next to the washer. then there's one hamper in the bathroom.

now getting into a predictable habit, that's a metamorphosis as well. i had got to where i did some stuff after everyone goes to bed. well, that ain't working with family dynamics. now it just feels like magic to everyone else and i've been doing any work that does get done.

i guess what really gets me decluttering is that we simply lack the room so we have been slowly weeding out. i do it in spontaneous spurts of course even though i know that if i made a one hour weekly date with myself i could rely on the habit that it is getting done. inviting people over for a party helps me get into gear too. i think being flooded really shaped my idea of loss in material things - i lost my pictures before marriage, all my cassettes and records and journals. a looter even took my scoliosis brace. so i can ask myself, is this really any more important to have? tricky, because i DO have some of my grandmothers and mothers vintage clothes that i mean to sew into something. i DO keep picking up stuff from the rubber dumpster and the framing dumpster. and my kids have suddenly loved having things this year. though we do have a super cheap thrift store now and that helps alot in acquiring and discarding. it does go against my recycling mentality though. but i when i get burnt out on handlling hundreds of items a day, then it is easy to start exiling stuff.
#132 of 209 Old 02-07-2006, 03:46 AM

Hey Mamas...

I wasn't getting the updates, so I've been out of the loop. I finally caught up though! Plus the kids were all sick and we got cabin fever from being cooped up with each other for weeks. I took the kids down to Mexico for the weekend and it was gorgeous. J and Z walked down to the water by themselves while Crystal and my mom and I watched them from the porch, and they thought that was SO cool.

Sorry to hear about all the head injuries. Give the boys a hug from their Aunt Leah.

Rynna, my cousin is 18 weeks with the same kind of pain you describe. She's either in pain or numb, so she's pretty much on bedrest. I really feel for you! Take a nice warm bath and enjoy some peace and quiet...

I should be in bed right now but my friend Insomnia is visiting tonight. It's not often that DH goes to bed before me, and he's already sawing logs in the bedroom. I guess I'd better try to get some sleep... G'night all...

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#133 of 209 Old 02-08-2006, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

I saw the physical therapist today. She held my knees in a funny way, and I could feel my toes again... Holy moly, I'm in so much less pain I don't know what to do with myself! She's a miracle worker, honestly!

BeanBean's stitches came out today. I actually ended up pulling them out after the nurse cut the knots, because her hands were shaking so much that she made me nervous and I took the tweezers from her. I asked her, more than once, "Are you alright?" and she said, "I was, but you're making me nervous!" I said, "Sorry, but I get nervous when someone with shaky hands has sharp objects near my kid's head!" As if I was out of line to be concerned! BeanBean was great through it all, though, he was a real sugar bunny.

#134 of 209 Old 02-08-2006, 02:57 AM

yay! you got relief!

dh's parent's divorce has really started. i feel bad for dh.
#135 of 209 Old 02-08-2006, 02:37 PM

coming aboard! My ds turns 3 on March 7th. But, he's been out of the realm of toddlers since about 26 months.

Just last night when I picked him up from daycare him and his best buddy (who is 5) were preforming for the other kiddos (my ds on drums- other child on guitar) Johnny Cash's "ring of fire". Alsok the bands "name" is "SAD BLOOD DAY"... made up entirely by the 5yr old?! Now, what toddler can sing "ring of fire?"
#136 of 209 Old 02-09-2006, 12:21 AM

I meant to say that it was good to hear from Carrie and Jaz again...

Sorry to hear about the IL's, casina. Dh's parents divorced right after we got married, and that was no fun.

I haven't done my elliptical in two days : and I drank three Fat Tires tonight. Instead of going to exercise I'm going to sit right here on the couch and browse MDC.

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#137 of 209 Old 02-09-2006, 01:37 AM

Welcome edamommy! My ds was calling me that for awhile after we went out for vegetarian 'sushi'. He thought he was pretty clever

Hi Leah! Sounds like your doing what I'm doing! Although I'm procrastinating something else that requires sitting on my butt...sewing!

So this morning I either got an evaporation line or a very faint posivite preg test. I don't have another so I am going to the store first thing tomarrow! I'm trying not to get my hopes up but i don't think i'm doing a very good job, lol.
#138 of 209 Old 02-09-2006, 02:07 AM

Ooh, ooh, ooh!!! I want to be the first to send sticky baby vibes to Sarita!!!

: : :

#139 of 209 Old 02-09-2006, 02:10 AM

I still have to wait to find out if there's anything to be 'sticky'. I promise I'll tell as soon as I know (tomarrow).
#140 of 209 Old 02-09-2006, 07:55 PM

well I took another hpt. It was positive!!!
#141 of 209 Old 02-09-2006, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats, Sarita!!

I had a crappy day... I was in a car accident on my way to physical therapy, of all things. The kids are fine, but my van needs $6500 worth of work-- and it was *totally* not my fault. I was #4 in a 6-vehicle line; I would have been #1 in a 3-vehicle line but apparently #5 was riding my bumper hard, becuase that vehicle was totalled and the back of my van was destroyed. All three kids are physically fine, but BeanBean is not quite himself. He's very frustrated that he can't rescue mamma and make it all better. I'm in a load of pain, I feel physically wretched and heartbroken that I can't pick up my babies. Things could have been a lot worse, but they could have been a lot better, too. We don't have any cash on hand right now to buy new carseats, for example, so the kids had to come home in the ones that were in the crash. : I was *terrified* for the whole trip. And they won't have carseats, either, until we can get to Lancaster and trade temporarily for two that my nieces have outgrown. It's depressing to me because BeanBean will have to be forward facing, and maybe BooBah as well (I don't think that there's still a convertible hanging around at my mom's house... but one never knows, they keep *everything*). I know that if there is a convertible, there's only one, BeanBean will be in a forward facing 5-point harness.

BeanBean's acting a little funny, he's talking about the cars (he saw the truck rear end us, he was wide awake and his seat is rear-facing so he saw the whole thing up close and personal ) and he's a bit wild. He was throwing toys at Mike tonight and when Mike asked him why he said, "For riding my mamma's bumper!" I'm not sure what to do with him. Anyway, I'm (once again) in a ton of pain and I'm totally depressed about this. I feel like poop on a stick, and I'm sick and tired of being a grownup, I just want to be a little kid again today and "stay home from work."

#142 of 209 Old 02-09-2006, 10:59 PM

Rynna!

Call your insurance company....most of them replace cars seat right away b/c they don't want you to drive one one that has been in an accident. If they won't call your local police station and hospital. There are many many programs out there to provide new car seats for those who need them.

#143 of 209 Old 02-10-2006, 12:10 AM

FIRST-

Rynna!!! You poor thing... I hope that some of your family members will step up and offer to help you while you need it. It's a nice thought anyway... I am so glad you and your babies are ok. (*knock on wood*) I have never been in a car accident, other than a fender bender (*knock on wood*), so I can't even imagine how scary that must have been!!! Karma will get the f^*#-head who was tailgating you!

AND SECOND-

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!! (Screaming giddily like a girl.) Congratulations Sarita, Tavis and Razi!!! I'll just call you Fertile Mertyl...

I'm going through some crazy shtick with Crystal's school/teacher... There was a bruise and a report made (totally not my fault). I'll go into it more when i get back from LAKE TAHOE. I get to have a few days of skiing, gambling, and enjoying being away from kiddos/ hubbies! I come back Monday and DH flies out for his turn on Tuesday. It kind of sucks that we have to take our vacations separately, but it's life...

#144 of 209 Old 02-10-2006, 01:30 AM

Holy $(*& Rynna!! I'm so sorry mama! (((hugs))) I've also heard of being able to get free carseats thru programs. The one in flagstaff was thru part of the hospital. Poor Beanbean. FYI, I'm taking razi to the chiropractor for and adjustment as soon as he is healed enough. he gets wonky like that when he's off, also, aggressive behaviour is a side result of a concussion (razi was really aggressive after the fall). Not trying to freak you out at all but just keep an eye on him okay? (I have no idea how hard you got hit obviously) i'm just still in head trauma mode i guess. (((hugs again!!)))
#145 of 209 Old 02-10-2006, 12:19 PM

sarita, congratulations.

rynna, you need womanpower and manpower. please call anyone you know to come over.....and check on you and run by the store and play with your kids for a spell. i think it's important that you don't get isolated even if you don't get any actual help.
#146 of 209 Old 02-10-2006, 02:38 PM

Back online again, had to replace our monitor, at least it was nothing serious.

Rynna, oh my goodness you have sure had a hard time of it lately. I am so sorry about the accident, and BeanBean's fall at the pool and your sciatica. I hope you guys can find some peace and healing soon.

Sarita - I'm so excited and happy for you!! Congratulations mama!!

Leah, have fun in Tahoe!

I am in a carseat quandry as well. The infant seat we have for Aubrey is borrowed and we need to give it back. She's just about outgrown it anyway. I want to move her into Mariah's Alpha Omega, and had planned on moving Mariah into a Britax, because of the higher height and weight standards. Mariah is currently 37 inches tall and 27lb. The Britax seats are just so expensive though. Do ya'll have any other suggestions?

GTG, crying babe.
#147 of 209 Old 02-10-2006, 06:46 PM

Rynna: im sorry to hear about all of that. take care of yourself!

sarita: congrats!!! that is very exciting!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#148 of 209 Old 02-11-2006, 12:14 AM

fern! how are ya?
#149 of 209 Old 02-11-2006, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

I'm just seriously feeling like there's some kind of conspiracy afoot to keep me from feeling healthy, happy, and sane all at the same time.

I visited the police station and the hospital last night; there are no carseat programs in my area *at all*. I borrowed my nieces' old seats from my sister, but they are both forward facing and while *technically* BeanBean is big enough (and BooBah is about 10 oz shy of being big enough) the reality is that niether child is big enough for the seats. They're just *not*. I don't know if it would be safer for them to be in seats that are rear facing but which were involved in an accident, or in seats which have never been in an accident but are forward facing and seem too big in several ways. Totally screwy. I haven't heard from the other vehicle's insurance company, and I'm considering calling a lawyer because a lawyer's job in such a situation is to be a grownup and deal with all that crap. So I'll tell this hypothetical lawyer: I need to pay for two new carseats and a rental car for at least three weeks (the initial time estimate on my van), and it'd be really nice if I could give my kids something after the fact, to deal with the trauma of having a mother who can't pick them up or snugglebug comfortably with them. :

I'm so bloody depressed.

Punk-- BeanBean was in an Alpha Omega Elite, which had a higher weight & hieght limit than the Britaxes I saw (35 lbs rear facing, top of the head up to the top of the outer frame). It also had none of the problems that I've heard of poeple having with Alpha Omegas (twisty straps, for example).

#150 of 209 Old 02-11-2006, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casina
fern! how are ya?
most of the time im wonderful.. im so enjoying having a sweet small baby again.. but it is a lot of work! we just moved and im trying to get everything livable ( to no avail.. i just dont have the time to get everything done in a day and as soon as the house is kind of clean its a mess again)but elwynn and nagio's papa is living with us again and its working out really well! he is finally growing up and being responsable and he has grown to be such an amazing dad.. ak..ngaio is up.. gotta go

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page