Welcome, New Three-Year Olds! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 209 Old 01-10-2006, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
**Note: This thread is, ostensibly, a follow-up thread to the Nov/Dec 02 thread in Toddlers; I'm all for welcoming parents of older threes and even fours into the group, but I thought that you might like to know where we're coming from.

I thought that it was time for a change as we are "officially" out of toddlerhood, for the most part. What's new with our little boys and girls?

I'm thinking that this might be a good time for reintroductions, and perhaps to broaden the group a bit since things are not so malleable from month to month at this age. Feel free to follow suit, or not.

I am Rynna, and my BeanBean turned 3 in November. He's my oldest child, with an 18 month old sister (BooBah) and a new sister coming in the spring (BellyBean). BeanBean has not been a toddler for quite a while, but he's a fascinating and fun kid. I love him to bits, and really enjoy spending time with him. We are "formally" home educating BeanBean as of August. He's still co-sleeping with us and is interested in nursing but is taking a break until BellyBean arrives (at which point he may well start up again). He's totally out of diapers, still in a rear-facing carseat (that will probably change after this weekend... : ), and he's a wonderful big brother. I could go on and on about how fabulous I think he is for hours on end, but I'll try not to bore you all. Suffice it to say, I love my children dearly and think that they're some of the most wonderful people ever to walk the face of the Earth.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#2 of 209 Old 01-11-2006, 12:02 AM

Hi! I used to be over in the toddler forum but moved over here a long time ago, as my kiddo seemed to move into "childhood" early :P

Technically, he wouldn't be Nov/Dec02 as he was born in October, but on halloween, so I figure that is pretty close!

Good to see you over here!!!
#3 of 209 Old 01-11-2006, 03:40 AM

:
#4 of 209 Old 01-11-2006, 05:24 AM

My just-turned-3yo-last-week DD ("bunny") is my baby. Still nursing (a LOT), co-sleeping, baby-wearing (sometimes), PLed but still in night dipes (although she wakes up dry 9 times out of 10).

She has recently started talking way more, drawing much more detailed pictures & also drawing beautiful wall murals : She takes Scottish-highland dance classes. She has her own room...but has never slept in it. She loves playing with 'babies', dressing up like a princess, playing with wool food, playing with Brio trains, building with Lincon Logs or blocks, playing with playdoh, 'reading' to herself (from memory)...although her passion is really coloring.

She seems like such a baby to me, though. I guess because I've never had a 3yo w/out a baby as well.
She did tell me (the day after her birthday) that she wasn't my baby bunny anymore...she was a big girl now.
Although she sure knows how to act like a baby when she wants "a little dribble of the milkies" & I've said no. She whimpers and says "please...I just little...I not a big girl no more...I just have a little sip of the mole milky" (long story...small mole on side of breast = favorite side )

She looks like a doll...big brown eyes, round face & long, curly hair.
She truly is the sweetest thing ever...(even if she does use indelible ink pens to color every surface of our ensuite bathroom)

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

#5 of 209 Old 01-11-2006, 05:58 AM

nice to see you, bcmomof5! I'm from B.C. too Your DD sounds very cute. My DD told me recently too, that "Haevens a big girl now".. the whole 3rd birthday thing really changed her, I see. after her b-day, she finally has her own bed, and has completely weaned, as well as not wearing dipes at night anymore too (thank gawd)... they grow up so fast
#6 of 209 Old 01-11-2006, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyoosh
Hi! I used to be over in the toddler forum but moved over here a long time ago, as my kiddo seemed to move into "childhood" early :P

Technically, he wouldn't be Nov/Dec02 as he was born in October, but on halloween, so I figure that is pretty close!

Good to see you over here!!!
Yeah, BeanBean moved into childhood a while ago, but the concensus of the group was that we should stay in Toddlers a bit longer, and I really like it, so... It's all good. Welcome!

#7 of 209 Old 01-11-2006, 03:22 PM

: I'm Sarita, and my son is Razi. He is still nursing and I don't mind except from 4am to 6am. He has his own bed that he's gotten in once for about 5 minutes before he requested the 'big bed'. He recently started Montessori school, which is weird and nice. I prefer waldorf but there isn't one here . His newest thing is cutting pieces of paper w/ his new scisoors and glueing them together and sending them to his friends in AZ (we just moved to WA).

Dp and I are currently TTC, well actually waiting to "O" so we can get on with it .

fyoosh- all day on halloween 02 I was hoping and hoping for his debut but no such luck (halloween is my fav holiday)

so exciting to move to a new phase!!
#8 of 209 Old 01-11-2006, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saritasmile
fyoosh- all day on halloween 02 I was hoping and hoping for his debut but no such luck (halloween is my fav holiday)
I was well into the "for the love of God, get him out!!" stage of pregnancy by Halloween 02. It was a very difficult pregnancy.

#9 of 209 Old 01-11-2006, 06:08 PM

I'm one of those people who still consider three-year-olds toddlers. My girl reads lots of words, started writing at one, spoke in sentences by that time as well, and at a LLL meeting when she was two one of the leaders said,"I just came from the kitchen[where dd was] and [my DD] talks like a seven-year-old." What else? We've been reading chapter books forever, she speaks French and Spanish, very, very well and has a mind like a steel trap. She's still my baby, though. And since she's so tiny other people still call her a baby too. Strangers, I mean, say things like, "Hi, baby!" and "Oh, look at the beautiful baby!"
I feel like if I go by what she's been doing then she was never really a baby, even, she did things so early.
I wonder if something one of the pp said is true--she thinks of her three-year-old as a baby because she never had just a three-year-old, she always had a younger child as well. If I had more babies maybe I would view her as more grown-up?
Well, anyhow, three seems to be a great age. I love just watching her.

:Mama to 2 :
#10 of 209 Old 01-11-2006, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2mygirl
I feel like if I go by what she's been doing then she was never really a baby, even, she did things so early.
I wonder if something one of the pp said is true--she thinks of her three-year-old as a baby because she never had just a three-year-old, she always had a younger child as well. If I had more babies maybe I would view her as more grown-up?
Well, anyhow, three seems to be a great age. I love just watching her.
Even a profoundly gifted three year old can be a toddler. It just depends on the kid. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that I have other babies; when my nephew was three, I had a two year old and my nephew was definately a toddler. One my younger niece was a toddler at three, but my older niece definately wasn't. I've known kids who could go either way. In general, though, I think of toddlers as being under three. It's a personality thing. Some people have walking babies at 9 months, others have toddlers who are barely crawling at that age. They're all different.

#11 of 209 Old 01-11-2006, 08:20 PM

Well, I see toddlers as "toddling", you know, always about to fall over as they walk across the room.

mama2mygirl~ that's impressive what your DD can do at three!

I think that when our three year olds have younger siblings, that makes them appear a lot older .... I have a 18 mo. old as well.... so that changes a lot of things.
#12 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 01:05 PM

hi all just a quick note to subscribe to this thread. we had a great trip to disneyworld and a TERRIBLE trip home. got home late last night and trying to catch up on my emails while GA is trying to catch up with her toys

more later

amy
#13 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 03:33 PM

We're not quite there- Julian won't be 3 for another 19 days.
I think 3 is going to be the best year yet, although 2 was amazing.
This time last year my son had just started using 2 word sentences, and now he can talk for several minutes at a time without stopping! His vocabulary is cracking me up these days- he likes to use words like fabulous, lunatic, comfortable, disgusting, and so on. He also uses figures of speech like "I'm starving to death!" and some things I shouldn't repeat (thankfully, he only curses at home, but he's a regular sailor around here!)
I just had #2 3 weeks ago and Julian is SUCH a good brother. He always tells me what Luka needs "I think he needs to nurse/be burped/be holded/etc." and he runs to get wipes wet in the sink, get me dry diapers, glasses of water, and so on when I'm lying around with the baby. I've had all sorts of issues- severe mastitis and latch problems- and when I am at the end of my rope, sobbing in pain and frustration, Julian will hold me and say "It's okay, mommy, I'm here, don't cry" and even ask "You want me to get you some painkillers?"
He's still nursing a lot (he's pretty much quit eating solids since Luka was born) and is so cute about it. "Please nurse me mommy, that will make me sooo happy" or sometimes the less sweet "Just put a boobie in my mouth!" I think he'll definitely nurse until 4.
We're still cosleeping and there's nothing nicer than being surrounded by snuggly babies all night long.

What did everyone get their kids for 3rd birthday presents? I am planning to get Julian a nice Ryan's Room dollhouse and a pair of rollerskates.
#14 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 04:03 PM

I can't belive our little ones are now in "the childhood years"!!! : They will stay in this forum (if we do) until they are teenagers... Weird!

So, hello to all the new mamas who've joined us! I am Leah, Mama to Zachary (12/3/02), and foster mama of Crystal (7/29/96) and Julianna (2/27/03). Zach and Jul are 2 months apart, and we got Jul when she was 4 days old, so they are almost like twins. They have so much in common, yet they are so different at the same time (they look like night and day- Z is light and J is dark). It's really exciting to watch their personalities change while they become little people. It's hard for me to "let them go" because for so long they were helpless little babes, dependent on me for their every need, and now they are independent little kids who are learning and doing all by themselves... But on the same token I am happy for all their growing and experiencing, because it is so truly magical...

Sarita, I am jealous of you! How exciting for you to be planning and hoping for a new little one...

So many people in my life are against me having another baby, I am so sick of it. DH doesn't help me as it is, so he says it will all be on me if we have another one, which is difficult to hear because I need his support, especially if I have PTL again. My mom and friends don't want me to have another one because we are finally starting to "have fun again", which means I am able to go out of the house without kids, and travel again. : I know it would be hard work, I know it would mean less sleep, I know it would be stressful with another child, but something in me is just not content to leave it alone. I just never imagined that I'd only have one. And foster kids aren't the same, no matter how much I love the girls, there is nothing like the bond between a mama and her baby, kwim? I know you all do! Anyway... I'm only 26, so I guess it's not like I'm going into menopause tomorrow. But, I feel like I don't want to wait too much longer, either. I just have to convince everyone around me that it's what I really want. I know they are thinking of me, and they want me to be happy... Because for a long time when Z and J were little I was a sleep-deprived stressball walking around in a daze. But it won't be as difficult next time around because I'll only have ONE baby instead of two, and no drug withdrawels, icky bottles, reflux, working, first-time Mama worries, etc. I think it will seem like a breeze to care of one baby at a time! Just plop 'em in a sling and go! I just hope if I do get pregnant again, God doesn't decide to give me twins as some sort of cruel joke... :

Anyway, sorry for the longwinded post about my pregnancy woes. It's been on my mind lately. I need to go see my psychic so I have some idea of direction, LOL...

Hoping for a for Sarita!!!

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#15 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

It's funny, people who aren't very close to our family but know us are all surprised when we say we're planning to stop at four. I hear things like, "you obviously love having kids so much," and "you're so good with your kids," all the time... I think that I appear to be a better parent in public than I do at home... I certainly don't *feel* like supermom most of the time! :

One of the women at the local whole foods store asked, "So, are you guys ready for the next one yet?" I said, "I sure as heck hope so!" (I'm fat, so it's hard to tell that I'm pregnant until I'm 7-8 months, if you don't know for sure). She said that she wanted four, too, but she's got seven. In fact, most people, when I tell them that we plan to stop at four, say, "Yeah, I wanted to stop at four, too..." they've either got two kids (had difficulty concieving ) or more than six. I totally can see how that might happen, and would love to be just rolling in kids. Mike and I have already discussed the fact that if we ever won the lottery, we'd build a big house and fill it with kids. Just keep going until we couldn't anymore, and then adopt more. It would be so nice!

BeanBean is a *wonderful* big brother! I really couldn't ask for more, and sometimes I'm afraid that I may inadvertantly ask too much because he's so eager to help. This morning, for example, he put himself and his sister into the bathtub. (I'm still not sure why, I think he just wanted to play, but he said something about BooBah being messy...) He can change BooBah's diapers as long as they're not poopy, he helps her to put her shoes away and to get dressed, and all sorts of other things. He's a total love, he just adores his sister and loves helping out with her. It's too cute.

#16 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 04:37 PM

Well, Rynna, you are LUCKY.

That sure doesn't sound like the screamin', yellin', cryin', toy-throwin', cheek-smackin', hair-pullin', foot-stompin', fun-filled days we have at our house!!!

Somedays it feels like all I do is yell... And I know that sounds horrible! : Maybe I'm not a good enough mother to handle more kids... I am trying not to screw up the ones I have, and sometimes it's a daily battle. Mostly it's an internal battle with myself- do I give in and give up "control" to avoid the conflicts, or do I stand my ground and "force" my kids to be "good"??? I want my kids to be kids, I want them to learn from experience, so I try not to put too many restricitons on them... BUT I also want them to clean up their messes and share without hitting each other, so I need to have SOME guidelines... Anyhoo... I probably make things harder than they are because I'm a control freak Capricorn! I have been struggling with that a lot lately- whether or not I am angry at the kids for their behavior, or if I'm really angry at *myself* for not having that "parental control" over my kids, that is so important by societal norms. I need to break loose from my chains and just be free!

Going to put March of the Penguins on for Zachary. It's one of his favorites... Guess I should watch it so I know what my kid is being exposed to, huh???

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#17 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 04:43 PM

AAwww, Rynna, your kids sound sooo sweet. I looked at their pics again and they are soo cute!!

Leah- I know how you mean about dh not being so helpful, Tav is a great guy but not incredibly helpful w/ Razi. He isn't as ready to TTC as me and I'm slightly pushing it convincing him to try this month. But if I don't get preggo this month, we'll be waiting a few months cuz Tav wants an aquarious and we mostly just don't want 2 scorpios : I totally think it will be easier this time but I didn't have half as much going on as you did. I just naively think a sling is going to solve everything (of course) and I already have 3 fabrics worth saved aside neatly in a special place
I'm already drooling over stuff on the diapering trading post. It's terribly exciting. And BTW, I'm totally for you having another, mostly cuz I know just how you feel, it may not be totally rationaly but it is completely undeniable! I'd like to see my intuitive but she lives in AZ and I'm saving money for the chiro, (knee, hip issue).

gtg pick up razi at the school that he hates this week
#18 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 04:45 PM

Leah-
#19 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 05:12 PM

Thanks, Sarah!!! I needed that... Even if it wasn't a real hug, it's the thought that counts and I appreciate it! I hope you guys will be around this summer. We're planning on being in Spokane for awhile, so it'd be nice to see you again... Maybe you'll have a little bump in your belly?

We feel the same way about Scorpios. We tried NOT to have one. Please don't take offense if you have a Scorpio DC or if you are a Scorpio! DH's ex-wife was a Scorpio, so we have some negative feelings associated with Scorps, we're just weird like that. I'd like to plan the conception so that I'm due anywhere from early February to early June. I have already mentioned that I don't want to be huge/ due in the middle of a sweltering desert summer!

One of my main concerns is that if I had known I would miscarry and not have any more babies I would NEVER have (however gently) encouraged Zachary to wean at 27 months!!! I would have nursed him forever, or as long as he wanted, since he'd be my only baby... Ugh! And DH thinks I'm babying him still!

I just can't imagine never again experiencing that wonderful moment when you finally SEE the baby that grew inside you, the first time you hold them and kiss their sweet face... Through all the tantrums and horrid days of argumentative toddlers, I got enough love in those first few moment of holding my Zachary (and Julianna for that matter) to make it all worthwhile!!!

#20 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 05:25 PM

HI all! We're new here

I'm Carrie mom to Cameorn (3) and kathleen (16 mos)

Cameron is doing great and is far beyond what i ever expected from a 3 year old. I was reading above about mama2mygirl's DD and it's liek she was describing my son! Cameron's favorites are reading and writing, loves to play computer and is havign a BLAST in a christian preschool. We're also doign some homeschooling and hoping ot continue that rather than public school btu time will tell and we will do what is best for him at that time. Before his third birthday he went to a local kindergarten screening and they were baffled and strongly suggested that I get together with some homeschooling moms in the area cause "public schools aren't set up to meet teh needs of children that are that far advanced from theri peers" SO we will see... He's a real gem of a kid and we are SO blessed to have him!! Ccan't wait to get to know more abotuyou and your kiddos!
#21 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 05:31 PM

Hi all. My ds turned 3 last month. So hard to believe how much he has grown. I love my little guy!!
He's finally getting to the point where I think he'd love some sort of organized 'class'. Gymboree? Arts & Crafts? Of course, I'd have to beg my mom for the money for it though. I highly doubt she'd give it to me but one must try. LOL.
Actually, if i had about $300, I could join the YMCA at the low rate (because of my lack of income). That would be cool because they have some kids programs, etc. Not sure I'd be comfortable leaving him in the childcare room while i worked out though.

Gotta run.
Peace,
Liz
#22 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberSun

We feel the same way about Scorpios. We tried NOT to have one. Please don't take offense if you have a Scorpio DC or if you are a Scorpio! DH's ex-wife was a Scorpio, so we have some negative feelings associated with Scorps, we're just weird like that.
I'm definetly not trying to offend any scorpio either! But my best friend when I was 14 was a scorpio and she got me into all kinds of trouble that a 14 yr should NOT have gotten into, PTSD I guess. The night before last, I dreamed that she was trying to 're'friend me and she was following me all over town carrying a baby in a carseat! Not really into that dream, yikes!

We'd love to see you in Spokane, I will probably come to AZ at some point this spring but not sure how that will all work out.

I keep meaning to tell you, I burned the cookies.
#23 of 209 Old 01-12-2006, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

You guys are afraid of Scorpios? Yeesh! When we first got pregnant with BeanBean, I knew instantly that he was a boy and I was *terrified* because I thought that I might deliver a Capricorn boy. As it turned out, he was due during Saggitarius, and I would have had to be more than three weeks late for him to have been born during Capricorn. I was totally relieved, because I would have seriously wanted an induction to avoid having a boy during Capricorn. : Of course, none of it was an issue, and he was born during Scorpio.

I'm a Libra, though, and we don't do well with Capricorns irl. I personally have a long history of horribly depressing and bad relationships with Capricorn men, starting with my father and ending with my sister's ex. I can always tell when a guy is a Capricorn, because he pisses me off right away for no apparent reason....

Anyway, that's something that I/we definately strive to avoid. With BooBah, I didn't want to be hugely pregnant over the summer, but that wasn't a big deal (she was born at the end of June). I was actually freezing the whole pregnancy, unlike my first (when I was boiling hot if the temperature was over 55 ) so I was pretty pleased with the world when it got warm. I think it would be cool for the next baby to be a winter baby, since I've got a fall and a summer and a spring on the way, but I'll definately be shooting for Aquarius or Pisces. I think that early February would be *perfect*. Hm... when would I have to concieve for that to happen...

Leah-- I have days like that, too! That's why I'm not so sure where people are coming from when they say, "You're such a great mom!" I think that what they mean is, "I can see that you're making an effort to do something other than beat your children into submission. Bravo!" They're also impressed at the amount of responsibility that I feel, which strikes me as kind of sad... doesn't *every* parent feel responsible for their children? It's true that I don't automatically jump to the conclusion that my child/ren is/are making me angry about something, that I think, "Maybe I'm angry about something else entirely" and try to respond accordingly... but I think that lots of people can/should do that. I dunno. Maybe I just have high standards (which I most assuredly don't live up to all of the time!) for parenting.

Gifted children-- I've got two, and I will admit that it is one of the many, many reasons that I'm a home educator. It's very cool, great fun, and quite challenging (but I've got it easier than many parents of gifted children do ). There's actually a thread over in Special Needs called Addressing the Special Needs of Gifted Children, #7. There are quite a few regular posters, you should visit.

Lizc-- why would you need $300 to join the Y?! That's a lot of money... I bet they've got a way to help you out, if you look into it. BeanBean has been taking swimming lessons there, and he absolutely loves it. He's quite the little fish! I didn't think I'd be able to sign him up for a second class because he needed new shoes, but the shoes were much cheaper than I expected them to be so he's swimming again.

Recently, I found out that a museum which is only a few blocks from my mom's house has classes for little kids on Saturday mornings. I'm going to stop in and see if they have financial aid available, because I think BeanBean would *love* something like that! I'm also trying to find a music teacher for him... That's turning out to be more difficult than I expected, but I'll find something I'm sure. I will find a way, because this is very important to me. :

#24 of 209 Old 01-15-2006, 12:24 AM

Hi everyone-

we had a great time is disneyworld! you can see the photos taken by the disney photographers here The minnie dress she is wearing was my little sisters. My little sister is now 30! GA had a great time with the characters and her cousins and grandparents. she still thinks we are going to see a parade everyday She liked all of the scary rides best teacups 'teapots' the dumbo and aladin carpet rides (round and round going up and down) and pirates of the carribean ...she is obsessed with pirates I knew she would love that one. she screamed bloody murder at every show we went to until 5 seconds after the show started when she was singing and dancing in her seat. I felt like the worst mom in america during those preshow minutes though : but I knew as soon as the show started she would love it.

we had a terrible flight home though - her worst ever (and she's a very frequent flyer) and the 'reentry' into our life has been rough. I think she turned the corner this afternoon though.

I am looking for a new job...I am so torn b/c this job is so flexible. i basically work when I want to, if daycare is closed or ga is sick etc I have so much flexibility to work from home. i don't think i will find this kind of flexibility but I can't work for my boss much longer he makes me crazy

enough rambling from me .....

Amy

Rynna - got you pm about the socks I will measure her tomorrow.
#25 of 209 Old 01-15-2006, 01:28 AM

rynna, thanks for starting this thread.. i always thought of elwynn as a toddler or baby until ngaio was born..now he feels and acts so big ..so "growned up" ..he is a "child" now unreal..but true. time is a strange thing.

sooo an update.. im a single(but co-parenting/friends with papa) momma of 2 amazing little beings..elwynn my just turned 3 year old son and ngaio my 6 week old daughter. both were born at home..breastfed..cloth diapered..EC'd AP'd..

i love being a momma.. its not always easy but its worth every pee'd on.. spit up on..tired out.. havn't eaten or peed all day moment

my time on MDC is limited these days what with nursing all day long but im glad this group is still together after 3 years. its amazing. i love hearing how all of your littles are doing and growing

we are getting ready to move house at the end of the month..we are just moving down a level in the hosue we live in (3 suites) but im excited about having a "new" space to make into home. right now we share our home with my older sister and her dog.

ooh gotta go nursing is calling

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#26 of 209 Old 01-15-2006, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Anybody wanna see a sock? Toe-up socks totally rock. I've got to make more.

#27 of 209 Old 01-15-2006, 02:33 PM

Rynna- I love it! I cleaned out my pm box. GA is at my sister's this morning while andrew and i tile our new bathroom and entry way so the contactor can FINISH OUR KITCHEN next week! I'll get that measurement today.

Amy
#28 of 209 Old 01-15-2006, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I want to join! My dd turned 3 on the 7th. She still seems so much like a baby to me. She is not independent in the least, still needs me or DH RIGHT there with her at all times. She sleeps with us, we don't even have a bedroom for her, and she still nurses as much as a newborn. We are involved with the local homeschooling group already, they have a weekly park day that we go to if the weather isn't too nasty, we plan on unschooling dd. All of dd's friends will be homeschooled so we have wonderful support. Last week I took dd to our first organized event, I've never taken her to any classes or structured play groups, everything we do is very low key, mainly just hanging out at friend's houses, park days, etc... We do go to the local library's Waldolf storytime, and dd loves the songs so much that I signed her up for a Music Together class. Didn't go over that well with her, she cuddled on my lap the entire time (she is very reserved in strange places and around strangers), but she said she wanted to go back next time, so who knows. Nice to met all of you.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#29 of 209 Old 01-15-2006, 05:38 PM

Hi AMB8801! Nice to see you here!

Rynna, that sock is sooo cute!

Hi Amy!

not much to say...
#30 of 209 Old 01-15-2006, 07:06 PM

BTW: if anyone else has 'artistic' 3yos...nail polish remover takes off indelible ink!!!! (I wish I'd known that years ago!)

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page