DD Molested Yesterday - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 222 Old 03-21-2006, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to send some warm wishes your way. You sound very strong -- good for you for protecting your daughter so well!

: I am a woman of faith; a mother; a writer. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 222 Old 03-21-2006, 10:52 PM

Just wanted to send positive vibes your way.
You absolutely did the right thing and your dd will have no doubt that you are in her corner in life

Hope things resume to being happier soon.
#183 of 222 Old 03-21-2006, 10:59 PM

When my Daughter was 2 my nephew who was 12 tried to molest her I caught him before he could do more then undress her and undress himself .I told my sister I would not press charges if she got him help they left the state.Iam glad you acted instantly good job stand by your guns as the mother of this 15 yr old will probably do whatever to protect her son even lie.You have to ask yourself does the apple fall far from the tree?
#184 of 222 Old 03-23-2006, 03:29 PM

s mama, what a terrible, terrible thing to happen. Your family is in my prayers as you navigate through the emotional, physical, legal & political currents to resolve this...
#185 of 222 Old 03-23-2006, 04:52 PM

I'm just now reading this thread...: to you, Mama, it brings tears to my eyes knowing this happened to your sweet DD and to you. I can only echo what so many have said - you are the example of the right thing to do - your daughter will grow up knowing that you are in her corner advocating for her, and that is most important. Power to you, Mama.
#186 of 222 Old 03-23-2006, 05:19 PM

I can't say anymore than what the other posters have said. I just couldn't read this and not post to give you a
I hope everything is going well for your family and that your DH is back home again.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#187 of 222 Old 03-23-2006, 05:34 PM

I just sat here and read this entire thread and I just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking about you and your family!!

Are there any updates? Please let us know what happened.

Stay Strong Mama!!

Christina:~Student mama to Collyn(13), Haylea-Ann (9):, and Natalie (8) , and SO to Jeff.
#188 of 222 Old 03-25-2006, 11:06 PM

I just read most of this thread, and I am so proud of you for believing and protecting your baby girl.

I am so sorry that it happend to you and angry that it happens at all.

I hope you'll update us soon. I'd like to know that the authorities took you seriously, and they DID something about this.

#189 of 222 Old 03-27-2006, 01:29 AM

Healings to your precious DD and family
#190 of 222 Old 03-27-2006, 01:53 AM

#191 of 222 Old 03-27-2006, 02:38 AM

I'm so sorry this happened....

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#192 of 222 Old 03-27-2006, 03:01 PM

One USMC (former) wife to another :

Thinking of you.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#193 of 222 Old 03-27-2006, 03:11 PM

I am so very sorry!! You did the right thing. I would want to kill that boy if I were in your shoes! Hopefully your DD will not remember this as she gets older. Hugs to you and your family.

Blessed mama of four
::
#194 of 222 Old 03-27-2006, 04:05 PM

Like everyone else I could just not leave this post without posting and offering some moral support. Reading your story made me literally ill, but I was so incredibly proud of you for speaking up to the police the second you saw them. So many other people tend to second guess themselves, especially when it involves a friend (or a neighbor). You were very proactive and that is so wonderful. I know it must be so hard having your husband so far away at this time, and not trying to burden him with the information. My heart simply goes out to you, and I wish I could just give you the hug you so richly deserve right now. You will certainly remain in my thoughts.

Stacie
#195 of 222 Old 03-27-2006, 04:21 PM

I too was a child (4.5) my Grandmother's husband was the offender but in my case to this day noone in my family knows. I was afraid to say anything when I was little and now to say something would just make my father's health worse. I am so proud of you and your daughter. You have given your daughter enough trust that she confided in you without hesitation and you were strong enough to ask. My thoughts are with you and your family.
#196 of 222 Old 03-28-2006, 11:14 AM

I'm so sorry that your daughter had to experience such an awful situation and the stress and anger you all must be feeling.

I also wonder about the boy...most children are not "naturally" inclined to do sexual things to other people who are not willing. Somewhere along the line he must have lived through this very same horror. Unfortunately, that does not excuse his behaviour in the least.

Lisser

Alyssa, wife to one, mama to 2 boys, 5.5 and 4. Living and learning on our little farm.
#197 of 222 Old 03-28-2006, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbaby
If your parents did not believe you, or did not do anything to stop the abuse, I am so sorry. I know how guilty I feel for this happening to DD and can not imagine knowing something happened, but not helping her get through it.

I keep thinking about how frantic I felt when I couldn't find her. I have never felt such a strong connection to anyone like that. It is not the same as her being lost in a store, which has happened before. It was like somebody or something was trying to tell me that she was in trouble.

Someday, I hope that she knows I tried to protect her and that I love her more than anything in this world.

That connection is so powerful. That's really great that you followed your instincts.

{Partner to DH  and Former WOHM, now SAHM  to DD, DD , and DS } *** ***
#198 of 222 Old 03-28-2006, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm glad you were able to listen to your daughter and that your daughter was big enough to explain to you what happened. My daughter is 3 and I know that she wouldn't hesitate to say the word penis or any other word. : she tells us everything! She has a very big mouth which I'm thankful for. These are things we also teach our children very young, because you just never know who is out there that might try to harm your child. It's so sad but it can happen.

I hope things are going well for you soon.

19 yr old
12 yr old
5 yr old
#199 of 222 Old 04-05-2006, 12:16 PM

oh mama! i am so sorry!!!! please please keep us updated. thats so wrong!!! : : to you and your family.

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#200 of 222 Old 04-05-2006, 06:45 PM

I think you acted very responsibly for your daughter - you did the absolute right thing.
I would contact your local victim's rights group, too. There might be resources available to you that you aren't aware of, or there might be additional steps to take, things to look for that they can alert you to.
hugs mama.
#201 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

I have not updated in a long time. DH was sent home on emergency leave from Iraq in March. We are in family counseling and DD is in play therapy once a week.

In the begining she had sleep issues but has made a lot of progress. I suppose us living our lives as normal as possible has helped her.

I am due with her little sister any day now and she is every excited to help change diapers and teach her not to eat crayons.

I am so thankful for all the responses and PM's that I got from this site. I have had good days and bad, but we are getting through it as a family. DH's main concern is that I don't feel guilty for what happened. Easier said than done, but I am working on it.

There have been no court appearances yet. The first date was set for April but there was a continuance until 5/22. I think that will be hard on us, but until then we will focus our energy on DD and her new sister.

Blessings to all,
Nicole
#202 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 12:08 AM

I am glad to hear that you are healing as best as you can. I continue to keep you all in my prayers.
#203 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 12:21 AM

Thank you so much for the update, mama. I'll continue to think good thoughts for all of you
#204 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Banned

#205 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 12:34 AM

Thank you for the update, Mama - I am glad you are together as a family and are supporting each other.
#206 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 12:49 AM

continued good thoughts for your little family.............
#207 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 01:16 AM

Thank you for the update I am happy your husband is home and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Gentle birthing vibes your way too....

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#208 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm glad that things are going as well as they can with you. I'm really glad you're all in counseling, and that there does seem to be some legal action.

I just wanted to offer some hope - a very similar situation happened with a family member and a male babysitter (and like your dd it was more than a one time thing). Her mom felt much like you did - sick, guilty, and all the rest. But, like you, believed her daughter, took action and they worked their way through. And like you, she was pregnant at the time.

The child who was molested is now 16 - a beatiful girl, strong, active, healthy and smart. She barely remembers what happened, and it has not affected her development at all. The family had some hard times, but they are very healthy and happy now.

This is a hard thing to do - make sure you give yourself a pat on the back for taking action as quickly as you could, for getting counseling and for working to heal the family. Let's hope the court date brings some closure.

I hope for a smooth and uneventful birth!

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#209 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 07:30 PM

Thank you for the update and I'm glad your dh is able to be with you. Good luck with the upcoming birth.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#210 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I am so proud of you for flagging down the police officer and reporting this right away and caring more about protecting your daughter than about protecting the molester.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page