#211 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#212 of 222 Old 05-06-2006, 08:16 PM

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#213 of 222 Old 05-07-2006, 04:25 AM

I am new here and I just read your OP and your Update.
I cried a few tears and I am so so sorry that happened But I am glad that your dd is doing better bighugs to your family
#214 of 222 Old 05-07-2006, 05:08 PM

Thank you for the update. It's good to hear that you're all moving towards some form of healing. Many hugs to you and your daughter.

Take care, Nicole.
#215 of 222 Old 05-08-2006, 12:44 PM

hugs to you and your family mama. You are such a good mother for believing her and protecting her s

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

#216 of 222 Old 05-12-2006, 07:30 PM

On behalf of all those who were molested as children...Thank you for believing her!!

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#217 of 222 Old 05-12-2006, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I tried to pm you, but it wouldn't go through.

I actually want to thank you...sounds weird, I know....I was molested when I was 4 a number of times by a 15/16 year old male babysitter and when I finally told my mom, though she believed me, when he said nothing happened she dropped the whole issue, as though it never happened. She never talked to me about it, never pressed charges, and I grew up thinking I was horrible and shameful and dirty my entire life and also believing that is wasn't ok to talk about...well, I just finished up 6 years of therapy. I remember asking my therapist once if I would have been better if I had therapy when I was little and he said things would have turned out better if my mom had thought about my feelings rather than her own (basically she was too afraid, feeling guilty etc. to notice that I was feeling a lot too)..

anyway, I could write a book, but I want to thank you for everything you are doing for your little girl....what an amazing mom you are (I'm totally sobbing right now, but in a good way)...

peace to you on this mother's day.
Sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#218 of 222 Old 05-12-2006, 11:09 PM

USMCbaby - I just saw this thread now and wanted to send you all the positive vibes, prayers and hugs I could. And as Fyrestorm said, "On behalf of all those who were molested as children...Thank you for believing her!! " You're a good mama. Much love to your family.
#219 of 222 Old 05-12-2006, 11:18 PM

Jennifer
#220 of 222 Old 05-12-2006, 11:54 PM

Hope this doesn't effect her childhood or alter her life in any manner. I am praying for you.
#221 of 222 Old 05-13-2006, 02:45 AM

You are such a strong mama. You have done everything right. I pray for healing for your family. My dd was molested by my ex so I know what you are going through. Stay strong. You dd knows you love and protect her, that's the best medicine for her.
#222 of 222 Old 05-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Banned

Thanks for the update- I've been wondering how things were going for your family. I think the best way to deal with your guilt is to forgive yourself for being human. As much as we may like to be able to see in other people's minds and hearts, we can't. You're doing the right thing by getting dd help and more importantly, using the legal system. While you may feel some guilt (definetly not justified!) about dd, think of all the other little girls out there you have saved. Your dd will heal and thank you for handling the situation with the tenacity and grace you did.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page