DD Molested Yesterday - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Update on pg. 11

I am not sure where I should post this, so MODS, feel free to move it.

Yesterday we had an encounter at the beach with some friends. I told DD I would take her for a walk and then to the swings at the park. My friend was camping with her family at the beach so I stopped by to say hi and ask if she wanted to come with us to the park. Her son (15 y/o) took DD (3.5 y/o) ahead of us. When we walked down to the park they were not there. We went to a different park, they were not there. At this point I was desperately trying to find her, but not sound like I was panicking. We went to the first playground again, they were not there, then I went to the other playground again and FINALLY found them playing on the swings. The 4th time we searched for them.

I told him we were looking all over for them and he lied to me. HUGE RED FLAG. He said they had been up there the whole time. I told him we were up there looking for them and he said he had to go to the bathroom. I thought I was going to be sick on the spot. Why in the hell did he take my DD in the bathroom with him?!?

I told DD it was time to go and said goodye to the family. I acted like we were in a hurry to go run errands that morning. After we were away from their campsite, I asked DD if she had gone to the bathroom. She said no. I asked her if he went to the bathroom and she said yes. Then she told me in detail what he did to her. She said that he did (or tried to) put his penis in her mouth, and she didn't like it.

I was practically running for the car. I was going to take DD to my friend's house and see if she heard the same thign I heard. DD does know anatomical terms for genitals, but I was in complete shock. As I was leaving the beach area, I saw a police officer and flagged him down. I told him what had just happened, and the report began. I was told not to let her eat or drink anything, as well as use the restroom. Easier said than done with a 3 y/o, but I was able to distract her for 3 more hours.

We had investigators come to our house. They did not interview DD. We took her to a forensic clinic and she was tested for DNA and had a physical exam. They said her hymen was intact and the mouth swab came up negative. Next step is a forensic interview at the same place. They are going to schedule it for this week, as soon as we can get in, but I am playing the waiting game.

The family has not been contacted yet. Another twist, my DH is deployed in Iraq and I do not want to tell him until after the interview. Not that the interview will change my mind about what happened, but I want to have more answers for him. I feel helpless and his grief will be 10x worse than mine because he can not help her or be here to comfort her.

DD seems fine and at this point so I am thankful for that. I am just at a loss, don't know what to do, don't have very many people I can talk to, and would like some support from anyone who has been through this.
#2 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 01:28 PM

Oh my gosh I am so sorry.

It sounds like you did the right thing. You asked her what happened, believed her, and alerted authorities. She will know you protected her and took her seriously.

I don't have any advice. I'm very sorry your family is going thru this.

2:
#3 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 01:29 PM

I am sorry I am not much help, i just wanted to give you a hug and say I am so sorry that happened. Do you have a local clinic that gives counseling? I would just make sure that your DD knows that she didnt do anything wrong.

What is wrong with people!?!?! That boy needs some serious counseling.

So sorry that happened.
#4 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 01:30 PM

Oh Mama, I couldn't read this and not post. I'm sending positive energies your way. This is going to be a horrible time for you and your family, but please know that you have done one of the most important things that your DD needs you to do: YOU BELIEVED HER and you are PROTECTING HER.
#5 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 01:36 PM

I am soooo sorry! I do not even know what to say...

: for your daughter and your family.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#6 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 01:36 PM

I don't have any advice, but I could not read this and not post. I am so so sorry this happened. s to you and your family.
#7 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 PM

Oh mama I dont have any thing to say but big hugs to you and your little girl right now. You need all the love you can get.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#8 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 01:45 PM

I am so sorry. You are a great mama, you did exactly what you needed to. With your wonderful support and love your dd will get through this. Many healing vibes to your dd and you. I will keep your family in my thoughts.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#9 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 01:46 PM

OMG. I am so heartbroken over this. : for you and your family, especially your dd.
#10 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 01:48 PM

I haven't been the mom, but I've been the child and you did the right thing momma. The biggest pain from my situation (ongoing for 9 years) was that my mom refused to believe it and wanted to make peace w/ the molester (my sisters husband). I could have healed alot faster had she just believed me. You did the right thing.

dizzy.gif DS1: 10/89 - DD1: 06/94 - DD2: 02/97 - DS2: 12/05 - DS3: 12/08 - DC6: ETA 04/26/12

I'll be 42 when the newest little one is born! Yowza!

#11 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 01:59 PM

OMG I am so so sorry for you guys. You are doing the right thing by pursuing this, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. My parents never legally persued my abuser because they wanted to save me anymore grief (I was 16 though). I still to this day regret that nothing was done. Legal action won't take what happened back, but it can give some closure, plus that boy needs to be held accountable for what happened, and hopefully given treatment so that he doesn't try it again. A mother should never have to go through this and neither should her child. We're here for you if you need us,
s Courey
#12 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 02:03 PM

Hugs and love to you and your dd. You did the right thing and acted fast. How absolutly heartbreaking this must be for you. You and your family are in my prayers. I hope that boy get's help before he does that to some other child.

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.)0(
#13 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 02:03 PM

oh god.... and to you and your dd. major healing vibes to both of you - i know it has to be tough not having your dh to hug or even vent to.
#14 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh NO! I'm so so sorry.
#15 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 02:13 PM

Sorry. I double posted. Not sure how.
#16 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 02:14 PM

Oh mama. I am so very sorry.

You did the right thing to trust your child and act so quickly.

My thoughts are with you.
#17 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 02:15 PM

for you momma. i can't even begin to imagine. you absolutely did the right thing to believe her and to report it right away! it won't take back what he did to her, but at least it might stop him from doing it to other children. lots of healing vibes and prayers your way.
#18 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 02:38 PM

I just wanted to say how sorry I am for you and your daughter. Hugs and strength to both of you.
#19 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 02:41 PM

oh, mama, that's just heartbreaking. many hugs to you and your dd.

namaste.gif

#20 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 02:51 PM

I have nothing to offer but and prayers for you and dd.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#21 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 02:53 PM

You and your DD are in my thoughts. How horrible.
#22 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 02:53 PM

I am so, so, so sorry. I honestly feel sick for you and your dd...If I can help you in any way (do you have my most recent email addy?) please know I will.

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.
#23 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 03:04 PM

So sorry, mama! You and your family are in our thoughts.
#24 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 03:08 PM

I, too, can only offer you and let you know that you so did the right thing. Who knows how many "friends" this boy has done this to. You are so much more calm that I am-I don't think I would have been able to restrain myself from doing something violent to him.

You are one amazingly strong & smart mama.
#25 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 03:09 PM

So many hugs to you.
I do urge you to contact your dh in Iraq. Your dh would want to know regardless of how much information you have, he may feel trapped b/c he isn't here; but how would he feel if you tell him so much later that it's like "honey, 3 wks ago our dd was molested by blank..." as apposed to "honey, 2 days ago our dd was ..." They are so far away and the miss so much, this is important for him to know regardless of how painful it will be for him. It might also be a good thing he is away b/c I would think the first reaction a father would have would be to go "kill the SOB" who did this -- my first reaction as a mother after shock would be to cut his genitals off or at least torture him!
Also, if you can contact his CO with this information yourself that would be a good thing b/c chances are your dh won't tell his CO himself. The military has people for your dh to talk to about his feelings and this is a big serious issue. The worst would be your dh to start acting out or taking this aggressively out on another and his CO would have no idea what's gotten into him.
{Former Military Officer's wife in an overseas duty station, some spouses and families present, some not.}
I am glad you got a police officer right away. It's a hard thing to do.
Also, your dd may forget about this entire incident, which is a good thing IMO for childhood sake. However, I urge you to tell her the story at an appropriate age in the future. I found out I had been molested in a vision I had, like a dream. It was my first year being married that this came out. I decided not to tell my mother b/c I feel it would have crushed her and my father. My dh knows, but I'm not sure how much he believes. I believe it was one of their students they hired to babysit, a male. I do have confirmation that 1 male babysitter was used. And he took me into their bedroom, I'm fuzzy on the details, but I know I was not allowed in my parents bedroom. It explains a lot...
#26 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 03:14 PM

No doubt one of your worst nightmares.
I am so sorry and just want to ech what many poepl have said, you did step in to protect and support her and she knows that. I'd also think you've been doing something very right over her lifetime that she trusted and told you what had happened right away.
#27 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 03:18 PM

I am so sorry you and your daughter are going through this.
#28 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 03:25 PM

How awful. I imagine many moms would not have questioned any of the situation. If you had not drawn her out, your dd would be carrying around a "bad" secret. You felt like something was wrong, you asked her about it, & you took action! I think that is amazing.

I don't know what to say about your husband. It breaks my heart to think of him over there, hearing about what happened & being helpless to "fix" it... but if he doesn't hear about it right away, will he resent it??

Please keep us posted. I am so sorry for your dd but I think the way you are handling it is so good for her. She will be ok!
#29 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 03:38 PM

Oh dear to you and your dear daughter. As a child, both of my step "grandpas" tried to molest me and thankfully my parents were VERY proactive and willing to protect me no matter what- it did affect me a lot though, in that I was (or should say am) very cautious when it comes to men I don't know or don't know well. The fact that you're standing up for your dd and supporting her is so very important. Kudos to you.
#30 of 222 Old 02-21-2006, 03:53 PM

Oh how horrfying for you! big for you and your daughter. You are so strong and a wonderful mama to have acted so quickly to protect your dd. I'm sorry I have no advice. Your poor dd, I am glad she seems to be ok, though.

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page