outdoor climbing structures - Mothering Forums
The Childhood Years > outdoor climbing structures
RedWine's Avatar RedWine 11:43 PM 02-24-2006
Does anyone have good info on companies who make climbing structures for kids? I'm talking about a play structure without swings or monkey bars -- just a nice, tall tower with things to climb on. I have searched through google and can't find anything that doesn't have a slide, swing, or monkey bars attached to it! We havea very small yard and so we need something compact (but tall). Any suggestions? Thanks!

mamabearsoblessed's Avatar mamabearsoblessed 06:13 PM 02-26-2006
Do you know anyone who is into wooodworking and would be willing to help you design and safely build something yourself, with a little help?
I'm intending to build a 'stage' in our backyard this summer for dd and ds 'performances'. I've never really seen it anywhere but shouldn't be too hard. I'd like a little arch to hang a little curtain too

Sounds fun! good luck
sagepixie's Avatar sagepixie 07:15 PM 02-26-2006
If you google blueman you can find some great directions for PVC geodesic domes that are GREAT for climbing on.

Also rock climbing enthusiasits also put up directions for climbing structures that can be made attached to pretty much anything

sorry naking and typing left handed
TiredX2's Avatar TiredX2 07:53 PM 02-26-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagepixie
If you google blueman you can find some great directions for PVC geodesic domes that are GREAT for climbing on.
OMG what a great idea!!!!
royaloakmi's Avatar royaloakmi 08:02 PM 02-26-2006
Just my two cents: we had a geodesic (sp?) dome when I was a kid (30+ years ago) and it was AWESOME. It could be anything - a mountain, a cave, a tent, a climbing thing - I'm definately going to find one for my kids when they're old enough!
TiredX2's Avatar TiredX2 08:18 PM 02-26-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagepixie
Okay, I need more info. What does "google blueman" mean? I'm looking but I just don't get it. PLEASE help.
birthjunkie27's Avatar birthjunkie27 08:54 PM 02-26-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2
What does "google blueman" mean?
Go to google.com or yahoo.com and do a search using the keyword blueman.

Ok, I just googled blueman and didn't come up with anything. Then I googled pvc domes and came up with some stuff. HTH.
RedWine's Avatar RedWine 09:00 PM 02-26-2006
Thank you all so much!!!! Off to research pvc domes....
TiredX2's Avatar TiredX2 09:03 PM 02-26-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by birthjunkie27
Go to google.com or yahoo.com and do a search using the keyword blueman.

Ok, I just googled blueman and didn't come up with anything. Then I googled pvc domes and came up with some stuff. HTH.
I guess I'm just incompetent, though, because I don't get any instructions on how to build a climbing structure w/PVC pipe, though.
Up