Nov-Dec02 thread for March06 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 222 Old 03-31-2006, 02:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there,
I am pretty new to MDC I was her eon & off a while ago, but I am back.
I don't think there is a October02 thread so I figured this one would be the one to talk to other mommies my son's age.

Let me introduce myself.
My name is Ann.
I was born on december 15, 1978. This makes me 27 years old.
I was born & raised in The Netherlands, Europe. I moved to America about 5. 1/2 yrs ago to be with my loving hubby, Mike. Mike & I met online over 6 yrs ago. We have been happily married for over 4 yrs now.
Right now we live in Arizona, I love Arizona, I do not like the city we live in, too many darn people in this city. I would like to move more up north when we get a little bit more money.

I am also one very proud mother of 1 very bright little man, Michael is 3 yrs (10/08/02)old and the sunshine in my life.
I am a SAHM, which I prefer to call Domestic Goddess .
I have the best job in the world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 222 Old 03-31-2006, 09:41 AM

Ann-

My Dad is Dutch came here when he was 18. His sisters and brothers still live there, mostly in Amsterdam. It's our dream to live there at some point for a couple of years. I love that city!

Welcome

Amy
#123 of 222 Old 03-31-2006, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abranger
Ann-

My Dad is Dutch came here when he was 18. His sisters and brothers still live there, mostly in Amsterdam. It's our dream to live there at some point for a couple of years. I love that city!

Welcome

Amy
I miss the city I came from, The Hage(Den Haag) is where I was born & raised.
Amsterdam is very cool, I love that City aswell. When we have money, we're planning on moving to The Netherlands.
#124 of 222 Old 03-31-2006, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Ann. I live in Apache Junction (east of Phoenix) at the base of the Superstition mountains. We should meet up sometime. My son is 3, born 12/3/02, and my foster DD is 3, born 2/27/03.

Thanks Mamas, for being here. I am feeling better. Still kind of numb and depressed, but better. My SIL talked to her intuitive yesterday and my sister is very happy and comfortable, and she wasn't scared to go at all. For years she had had many out-of-body experiences while sleeping where she talked to "the angels" as she called them and they always told her to go back to her body every time. Well, this time when she tried to go back to her body her spirit guides told her "NO, that is not your body anymore, it's time to come with us" and my sister got really excited. I was soooooo happy to hear this, because sometimes when she was sick she would fight sleep because she was afraid to die. The intuitive also said that my sister's tummy hurt for two days before her passing (true) because the process of death had already started, and her spirit was being pulled from her umbilicus. Interesting...

And here's an "I told you so" moment: Zachary fell off the trampoline yesterday. He has a huge gash in his head. I took him to the ER but after waiting for 2+ hours with lots of people in front of us I just took him home and dressed it with butterfly strips. He is completely fine- wouldn't use an ice pack or take Ibuprofen because "I'm fine, Mom!" His pupils were equal and reactive and he had no vomitting, confusion, etc. He was actually bouncing off the walls with energy and asked to go back on the trampoline last night when we got back from the drug store!!! : I'm so proud of him for being so 'tough', but at the same time of course I am *thanking my lucky stars* that he is OK and nothing more serious ocurred. My poor baby!!!

Z and J are outside right now playing "campfire". I'm so thankful to have my little cuties, epseically in light of the huge loss to our family...

Please don't hate me, but we are not getting rid of the trampoline. :

Where's Rynna? In labor I hope?!?!? : :

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#125 of 222 Old 03-31-2006, 07:01 PM

I just had a very sad phonecall from my mom. My moms cousin's daughter(2 yrs old) was murdered by her own father.
They were in a divorce, and I guess the father murdered the daughter(2 yrs old) and than commited suicide.
This is all just so sad.
#126 of 222 Old 03-31-2006, 10:33 PM

that poor woman. things have to be really crazy and hard already when stuff like that happens. people are capable of so much in all extremes good and bad.

welcome again ann.

leah, get a net for the trampoline if YOU are worried about it. for my family generally, an injury or broken toy is actually a reason to KEEP something. it is part of the learning experience. and most of the kids i know prefer the nets. but i've never been around zachary. you know his limitations better or you will all learn more lessons about limitations. i trust you!
#127 of 222 Old 03-31-2006, 11:05 PM

Welcome Ann! And wow, about the murder, what a sad disgusting thing to happen to a family.

Leah, that's cool that you live right by the superstition mountains. My mom went to arizona a couple of years ago, and loved the superstition mountains. I have to tell her that you live right by it.
#128 of 222 Old 04-02-2006, 09:21 PM

Well ladies, I am now officially a mamma of three. Miss Aliyah Rachel (that's not "Rachel" but "Rokhel") was born shortly after midnight on the 29th, just before the new moon. I didn't get to make a treasure map, either. She's slightly underdone, and actually too small to nurse on my gigantic boobs! I've been pumping and using a fingerfeeder, and I try to offer her the breast a few times a day to make sure she still latches correctly, but she just can't open her tiny little mouth wide enough to nurse without causing me excruciating pain. She also falls asleep rather than crying for food, and she doesn't curl up but stretches her arms and legs out, making her look even "earlier" than she was (36w6d). She's my smallest baby yet, just a teensy bit of a person.

I'm so sorry to hear of all the deaths... Mike's aunt actually passed away just a few hours after Bella was born. It seems like the 29th was a day for passing away for most, and I feel strange that Bella was born then... kind of conflicted about it, I guess.

Anyway, I will post a birth story later, and hopefully find a way to get some pictures up soon.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#129 of 222 Old 04-02-2006, 09:53 PM

: :

MAZEL TOV!

Amy
#130 of 222 Old 04-02-2006, 09:58 PM

Rynna- CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! (my ds was born at 36 weeks too. He had the same feeding issues.)

Enjoy your sweet little girl!!!!!!

Blessings,
Liz
#131 of 222 Old 04-02-2006, 10:03 PM

yay! rachel is here! congratulations rynna.
#132 of 222 Old 04-03-2006, 12:28 AM

congratulations, rynna! What a beautiful name you have chosen for your newest little one! I bet she's super cute!
#133 of 222 Old 04-03-2006, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casina
leah, get a net for the trampoline if YOU are worried about it.
We have one! He fell through the opening where you get on and off (the "door")... I agree about keeping it and learning lessons from it. They have been much more careful and deliberate with their actions, so I think it is a good thing. I always say "If you can't find the silver lining in the cloud, keep looking!" So hopefully we'll avoid some major injuries from now on...

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#134 of 222 Old 04-03-2006, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Jaz, tell your mom that the Supers were covered in snow just two weeks ago! It was *really* beautiful. I always love the look of white snow against the red rocks of the desert... We loved hiking up there as kids, totally determined to find the Lost Dutchman gold (there are legends of abandoned gold mines and treasure stashes all over the Sperstitions...). Nice memories to pass on to my littles ones too.

Wow, such a tragic loss to your family, Ann... I don't know what to say.

And CONGRATULATIONS to Rynna and her family!!! I'm so glad Bella is here and safe, and you're done being pregnant (at least for now, LOL)! Zachary was 36 5/7 weeks, but luckily he was ok to nurse. My cousin's baby was just like Bella though- tiny (5 pounds) and you could literally see how his mouth was just too small to open for the boob. I hope she gets the hang of it soon so you don't have to pump for eternity! Get BeanBean back on that boob to help with the milk supply! I'm so happy for you, Mama...

We had my sister's memorial yesterday. We set her urn in her wheelchair and she sat fron and center while everyone told their favorite stories and memories of her. Then we all sent her messages (out loud or silently) and released pink balloons for her. I know that's not good for the environment, but it was very symbolic and helped with the "letting go". Zachary asked "Is Ronni coming back?" and I said "No, she's in heaven now." So he said "Oh yeah, she's up in heaven, she's in the 'OK House' now." I just thought that was the sweetest thing. Somehow kids just know things, and for him to affirm that she is "OK" and safe in heaven really comfoted me...

Death and birth are both amazing. Life is so precious and fragile. I love you all.

#135 of 222 Old 04-03-2006, 02:50 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Rynna!!!!! Wow thinking about a tiny little baby makes me freak out a bit, lol! Hope all gets well soon with the nursing. I have a friend going thru the same thing.

I'm just sitting here trying not to puke *again*. This is just ridiculous. I'll be 12 weeks tomarrow. The only hope I have left at this point is hoping it actually goes away at 3 months like normal people. Sorry to complain again.
#136 of 222 Old 04-03-2006, 03:59 PM

Sarita, have you tried vitamen B5 (I think it is) for the nausea? You could just take a good quality B-complex, and that should help the nausea. I think I got fern to do that when she was pregnant with ngaio, and it worked for her.

I used to love a nice boillion broth/miso soup when I had morning sickness, because it's really easy to digest, and there's lots of minerals that you wouldn't get just from eating crackers.
#137 of 222 Old 04-03-2006, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hope you feel better real soon, Sarita...

Just in case anyone cares to see pictures of my sis, DH has a slide show up here.

#138 of 222 Old 04-03-2006, 04:11 PM

rynna: congrats!!! welcome baby Aliyah Rachel.. she xounds soo tiny! ah.. new babies. im still kinda in new baby land

sarita: what really helped for me was homeopathics.. IGNATIA and PUSATILLA. i swear by them. if i ever have another baby ill be buying them as soon as i now im pregnant..although i keep both in the house for other things too i hope your morning sickness passes soon.. its so hard. i still remember it quite clearly

well, my missy ngaio is 4 months old and growing too fast! she is still a little grrl.. but she is grabbing at food (im not letting her have it yet..)and toys and chewing on anything she can get into her mouth. i have some new pics on our website.. www.picturetrail.com/babyngaio she is laughing and smiling all the time and i have a feeling she is going to be crawling soon.. AK!

we had my gramas 84th birthday party yesterday at my moms house and i was cooking and cooking and cleaning all day and night. fun but lots of work. it was nice that my grama was able to really get to know ngaio though because so far she hasnt really had the chance. elwynn and my grama love eachother and i think it is so wonderful that he is getting to know his great gram.. i knew mine till i was 5 and she has always been very special to me. actually he knows all of his great grandparents on both sides but she is the closest in geography

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#139 of 222 Old 04-03-2006, 04:14 PM

sarita~Oh, yeah, I just remembered that protein is really good for morning sickness too, especially chicken, and turkey. You are a veg., though, right?

If you crave meat when you are pregnant, though, I think you should go for it. I was a veg. for about 6 years, and I was just constantly over-eating carbs to try to fill the void. Now that I eat meat (organic, etc), I don't do that anymore. I think vegetarianism is the way to go for us humans eventually. It's a matter of evolving as a whole species, which is slowly happening. I hope one day humans won't have to kill animals to eat, but as it is, we need that protein that we have been going on for thousands and thousands of years.<-- So I went on a bit of a tangent there, sorry It's not personal, sarita, just thought I'd add my own thoughs as they are right now on meat consumption. I'm a :freak, nevermind me.
#140 of 222 Old 04-03-2006, 04:17 PM

Leah, I looked at the album. It was very sweet but it made me cry! (((hugs))) again mama.

Jaz, It's B6 and for some reason it's making things worse. My acupuncturist did some muscle testing this weekend and highly recommended I stop taking it and I was starting to suspect that it was giving me problems before that. I honestly have no idea why. She also said I'm having a really strong bad reaction to the unisom (which isn't surprising since it's nasty chemicals) and I was really feeling like that wasn't working either. It really only helped the first day I took it. So I've stopped taking that too. I have some miso soup packets in the cupboard. I'll try some of that. Thanks so much for your suggestions I can't even eat crackers
#141 of 222 Old 04-03-2006, 04:34 PM

It took me so long to post I didn't see the other 2 posts.

Fern, the homeopathics didn't work w/ Razi but at this point everything is different so I think I'm going to try. I have a list of different ones and which will work for my symptoms. I'm going to get 3 different ones and see.

Jaz, organic steaks have been so good but I can only eat it right after its been cooked and I can't stand outside cooking steaks on the grill all day, lol. Chicken totally grosses me out right now.
#142 of 222 Old 04-05-2006, 10:30 PM

Well, I'm feeling worse than ever today... it's odd. I've got the worst headache I've ever had in my life, and it doesn't even fade slightly when I sleep. I actually spent most of today in bed (allowing BooBah free reign while Mike took BeanBean grocery shopping), totally unconscious. I felt really guilty when Bella finally woke me up-- it had been a bit longer than I'd like her to go without eating (six and a half hours!! ) and she still had more energy to wake herself than I did.

Tomorrow Bella has her first WCC, and I'll see if I can make myself an appointment too, because I've never felt so miserable a week after having a baby, something seems really wrong to me. Mike thinks that it's because I'm not eating (and I'm not-- it took me a while, but I figured out that I'd only been eating when Mike fed me, and that's horrible!) but I don't think that's it. Something is just... wrong.

In better news, BooBah is finally understanding that Bella is a person, with feelings. BooBah actually bit Bella twice, but the second time, when she heard Bella crying, she understood that she had hurt Bella. Now she gives nice kisses and pats her gently on the head. Mike and I have been making special efforts to give BooBah loveloves, in an effort to prevent middle child syndrome. It's especially difficult because BooBah is so laid back that a lot of the time we could let her slide; she didn't make a fuss unless it was really important. So we're working hard to make sure she doesn't feel left out.

BeanBean is a love muffin, as usual. Last night he wanted to snugglebug with Bella, so he curled up next to me and was very sweet. He is now officially weaned; he tried to nurse twice but had forgotten how to latch. I tried to explain it to him, but he didn't want to do it that way. When I picked him up and held him in front of me "like a baby," he kind of giggled like I was going to give him a zerbert or a ticklefit. I offerred him some expressed milk and he said, "This is for Bella, I'm not a baby anymore," and handed it to Mike. : I figured it was a 50/50 shot at best. He was very excited when my milk came in, "Mamma, your nursie is gigantic!! It's so HUGE!" but not excited enough to latch on and nurse. So here I am, nursing only one baby and getting ready to start taking my temperature every morning, because with a single nursling I anticipate ovulation beginning again in about two months, give or take a week.

#143 of 222 Old 04-05-2006, 11:35 PM

rynna~ I'm worried about you. Do you think you have post-partum depression? Make sure you are getting all your vitamens and minerals, and eat your veggies too. Do you still have your placenta? Cause if so, you could use it to boost your mood.

Sarita~ I remembered after that last post that another good morning sickness cure is ... ganga If you have access to good quality organic stuff, it could help ya.
#144 of 222 Old 04-06-2006, 01:10 PM

Rynna, sending you ((hugs)). I hope you can figure it out at your appt.

Jaz, that has worked a bit but I've been struggling with the after taste. but here I am this morning, taken nothing and eaten toast and on the computer. no puking although I feel pretty sensative to smells so I'm being careful.
#145 of 222 Old 04-07-2006, 01:12 PM

hey everyone. i'm in surrender mode. ruby has the bad cough now and is the worst - i am not sleeping she gets to where she almost can't breathe and sometimes throws up. i think we all have pertussis which would also explain the past month ickies or so. someone stole my dh's vehicle and promptly totaled it and the state is keeping it as evidence and charging us for it. OH WELL. sorry i've been so self-centered lately. i guess it's been required and i vent it to y'all. take care.
#146 of 222 Old 04-07-2006, 07:51 PM

I've been trying to post here for ages and every time I do my computer crashes, so we'll see what happens this time!!

Rynna, first of all Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear little Bella's Birth Story I am so sorry you aren't feeling well though. Keep us posted, I am worried about you.

Fern, such gorgous pics of your babes!

Leah thank you for sharing the pics of your sister. How are you doing these days?

(((((Casina))))) i hope things are easier for you all soon.

Jaz, I just saw your post on my fsot thread today, I'll PM you later tonight.

Well I'm going to leave it at that for now! Just in case this thing crashes again...

thinking of you all and sending much love...
#147 of 222 Old 04-08-2006, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Sarita- this sounds weird and can be hard to stomach for some people, but when I was pregnant with Zachary and was too sick to eat I'd drink a little bit of Slim Fast. It was thick and heavy enough to kind of fill me up and take the edge off the sickness. For me it was hard to prepare food, smell it, and chew it, so I had an easier time just drinking a lot of water, V8 and Slim Fast. I used the powdered stuff with milk. I also ate a lot of cinnamon toast and drank a lot of ginger ale, and took ginger capsules. I hope you find some relief soon.

Rynna, is Bella nursing on her own yet or are you still pumping? I hope you feel better soon. I can imagine this babymoon thing gets harder and harder the more kids you have- like you can't take the time you need to heal and bond because the household needs you to keep things going. Keep us updated, ok?

Casina, I am soooo sorry about your DHs vehicle!!! How horrible! I really hope that everything works out and your family isn't burdened with the cost of someons else's stpuidity. Karma works in such mysterious and confusing ways, doesn't it?

Hope all you Mamas are doing ok. We are hanging in there. Life goes on, right?

#148 of 222 Old 04-08-2006, 04:53 PM

i got bella to nurse with the nipple shield!! it's still more work than i'd like to be doing, but the difference between using a nipple shield and using a fingerfeeder or a bottle is amazing-- i only have to stand up for a moment to wash the thing off and then we're good to go. I'm going to keep supplementing her with pumped milk until I run out, just to make sure she's getting as much as she can take, butonly after she nurses. Soon she will be big enough to nurse well on her own. I'm really looking forward to it!

Birth story is in my blog, and i've uploaded some pictures of Bella. I'll try to get some good ones in the next few weeks.

#149 of 222 Old 04-09-2006, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

So glad to hear that, Rynna. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to hear of people who really make an effort to nurse their babies, even when they get off to a rocky start. Sadly so many mamas just give up...

Sarita, I was also thinking that you could use a kitchen strainer to crush up the herb and put it into a capsule. That way you wouldn't have to taste it. Also, my brother Jake used to chew up the seeds when he had a headache. I've never tried it but he swore by it, so maybe it would work for you. ???

I'm off to check out Rynna's, blog.

#150 of 222 Old 04-09-2006, 05:20 PM

Nah, I wussed out on the birth, but I wouldn't give up nursing for anything. My kids are extremely healthy and I know that I have child-led weaning to thank for it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page