August 3 1/2 YO tribe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2006, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're here, we're here, we're here!

anyone, feel free to join in the circus! : : : :

(casina, take notes on the smilie usage)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 10:19 PM

we're just shy of that 3.5 yo mark

we're still telling ourselves on a daily basis that this is a stage and will eventually end

I got my vey first wake up with a kiss this morning!!
Its usually a fight--with kicks and punches for about 5 minutes, then Mr Hyde goes away and Dr. Jekyl comes out (seriously--its like there are two kids in there--he never even remembers hitting after its over).

This morning I lay there in bed bracing myself for the morning onslaught...and got the sweetest kiss on the cheek!
He didn't even lick me before or afterwards (another 'fun' game he likes to play.....)

mom to three boys:  reading.gif(18 bigeyes.giffencing.gif(10&7)
Old 08-01-2006, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

what we put up with, hey?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:08 AM

We had a neighborhood block party as last night was National Night Out. Took the kids over and enjoyed some good food and conversations with our neighbors. But the big highlight was when the fire fighters came by with the FIRE TRUCK! They showed all the kids all the hoses, boots, hats, coats, ladders, even the sirens! Matthew thought the lights were pretty darn cool as well. So I think he had fun!

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:11 AM

I have a ds that will be 4 in January...may I join you?

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
Old 08-02-2006, 11:17 AM

Join away! My DS will be 4 in December, so just a month older.

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:45 PM

subbing hi ladies

lots of camping here so i've been getting behind on this board and the yahoo group ...trying to keep up

amy
Old 08-02-2006, 03:45 PM

subbing....
Old 08-02-2006, 03:55 PM

We are here tooo... anybody else going through the knock knock joke stage.. I loved it ..for the first 3 weeks.. but now...I can take it or leave it.. especially at bedtime.. but I have to admit..the morning wake up to my sweet lil boy whispering..Knock knock mama (as he knocks on my forehead is still pretty darn cute)
Old 08-02-2006, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I tried telling Lindy some knock-knock jokes, but she didn't seem to get them or think they were interesting. She did like this dumb joke I came up with one day: What do you call sneakers that leak? Leakers!

I thought of some others along those lines, and then she thought of some that weren't funny at all (example: What do you call clothes that are in a lamp? Lampers!), but that I proudly recorded as the first jokes she ever made up herself.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:21 PM

My ds just started with the knock, knock jokes too. Too bad I only know one and it's the one where you sing banana - nana - nana at the end and you say it a couple of times and then follow up with orange you glad I didn't say banana - nana - nana?? Ds just says the orange one and he thinks it's hilarious. The best part is after he finishes laughing he looks up at us and says "Get it?? Get it??"

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

Old 08-02-2006, 08:53 PM

What do you do about the defiant, "No!"? DS seems to use it when he knows I have my hands full with the newborn (esp. when I am nursing) and he thinks I can't jump up to do anything about it. I can't stand when he follows it with a laugh, like its funny that he is getting away with doing something wrong.

Also, spitting?!?!? This one is really getting me. Makes me want to slap his cheek, arrrgh!

Time out is totally useless at this stage. Help! I'm pretty sure he's going to grow up to be a mass murderer or drug pusher or something :

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
Old 08-02-2006, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal

He didn't even lick me before or afterwards (another 'fun' game he likes to play.....)
I seriously can not stand the licking.

and subbing...:
Old 08-02-2006, 10:07 PM

BeanBean's alter ego is called "Afoo Gafoo Lick." I vastly prefer the licking to the biting. :

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 08-02-2006, 10:20 PM

subbing.

We've been going through a good phase here, although today he's been all out of sorts. He was soooo tired, he fell asleep while dh was putting him to bed which NEVER happens! He was out of his mind with fatigue, just could not behave, poor thing.

Tomorrow we will be attempting a playdate at our house for the first time in over a year- he has been relating so well to other kids lately that I thought I'd give it a try- it's been 100+ degrees here so you can't do much outside so I hope they do ok inside playing w/ toys. Wish me luck, handling him, the baby, and our 2 overly friendly dogs!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:43 PM

Julian just hit 3.5 a couple days ago, and boy is he better now than a month ago!!! He's much more empathetic, less whiny, more cooperative, gentler, etc... is the bad half of 3 really over? Because that sucked.
I'm really amazed with Jules' swimming skills. He can swim all the way across the pool by himself, and go off the high dive! He's so athletic, I am considering soccer in the fall. Anyone tried sports yet?
Also, he's gotten down to 3-4 nursings a day (from 6x a month ago, and 12+x 3 mos. ago), and quit wetting the bed!

Right now our only issue is him being mean to my partner/fiancee. He is constantly telling him "I don't like you" "get out of this house" "you can't play with me anymore". My partner gets really upset by it, and I wish it would stop. We've been together since Julian was 10 mos. old, so it's not like he's having a hard time adjusting. Julian just acts so mean whenever DP doesn't give him what he wants/disciplines him.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:09 PM

Eilonwy,
so we've both got 3.5 yos and April babes?
I'm so braindead I never realized how old your other kiddos are!

Thing I hope he'll outgrow before college:
*nursing ( I am *so* done with it)
*spitting
*clawing (aiming for your eyes when he's mad)
*"If you give me x, then I wil do y"
*Peeing outside (okay...and on the floor inside)
*HAVING to have a bite of EVERY single food I prepare for myself

and if he wanted to outgrow his food sensitivites, I wouldn't mind at all

Things I hope he never loses:
*Insane levels of Courage
*Keen sense of Indpendence
*Willingness to challenge any and all authority (okay, he could lose it till he is 18 and then magically get it back....)
*Willingness to try new things
*Need for activity
*Cool sense of humor

mom to three boys:  reading.gif(18 bigeyes.giffencing.gif(10&7)
Old 08-02-2006, 11:38 PM

subbing..

ive had a crazy few days.. we went to my friend cora ( and doula for both my kiddos births) wedding a few nights ago (her partner a is also a great friend). it was SOOOO fun and i got so so drunk ( the first time in over 5 years!) i felt like a silly teenager again and its renewed my energy for life. i saw a lot of poeple from my past (including my first love and long term relationship) and felt really reconnected. sometimes i really just need to let go of everything serious for a while. timothy was there and he was the designated driver and parent. hes great. elwynn aslo had a great time running around with all of the other kiddos..

since then ive been staying up late and trying to organise stuff in my house..i stayed up till 2 am last night and elwynn did as well playing lego. he builds amazing stuff.. and the drawings he does just amaze me. while we were camping he drew every day and even stuff like self portraits tha are so great and funny. ill have to post some pictures.

oh and we were up near jasanna and her grrls so we visited for a day. i t was great fun..but oh do our kiddos get into trouble together

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 08-02-2006, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal
Eilonwy,
so we've both got 3.5 yos and April babes?
I'm so braindead I never realized how old your other kiddos are!
Yup, BeanBean is 3.5... but my April baby is actually a March baby. Bella made a slightly early appearance.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern
oh and we were up near jasanna and her grrls so we visited for a day. i t was great fun..but oh do our kiddos get into trouble together
BeanBean and BizzyBug (his cousin) get in major trouble together all the time. They just set each other off, it's hilarious and pretty awful. I don't know whether to : or : most of the time.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:44 AM

its amazing isnt it..

elwynn haeven and samaya were playing in this hot tub kinda thingy that my mom had just bought and set up days before (its a blow up kinda one but has jets and everything).. and they were all splashing around and laughing and we (jazanna and her momma and i with ngaio) were right there but all talking and drinking beer.. and then all of a sudden samaya walks out with an empty bottle of baby oil (used becuase the lake has duck itch. YUCK) and she had emptied the whole thing into the water.. along with rocks and dirt and toys and pretty much anything else that wasnt nailed down... i wasnt happy.. but i can laugh about it now. hopefully its not broken for good..it was making a noise it wasnt makin before but other than draining it and washing it out i didnt know how to "fix " it..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 08-03-2006, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern
its amazing isnt it..

elwynn haeven and samaya were playing in this hot tub kinda thingy that my mom had just bought and set up days before (its a blow up kinda one but has jets and everything).. and they were all splashing around and laughing and we (jazanna and her momma and i with ngaio) were right there but all talking and drinking beer.. and then all of a sudden samaya walks out with an empty bottle of baby oil (used becuase the lake has duck itch. YUCK) and she had emptied the whole thing into the water.. along with rocks and dirt and toys and pretty much anything else that wasnt nailed down... i wasnt happy.. but i can laugh about it now. hopefully its not broken for good..it was making a noise it wasnt makin before but other than draining it and washing it out i didnt know how to "fix " it..
that's my grrls! : If elwynn was all alone, he would be drawing quietly, or cleaning up his toys or something intirely not-3, right fern?

oh well, it will make for good laughs when they are 25.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:51 AM

My DS will be 3 1/2 in 2 weeks. There is a lot of whining and begging going on lately. Spitting...ewww, I hate it. My 10 month old DD loves to play with him, and is so innocent. I was doing something as they played and when I heard spitting I looked. My baby girl's face was covered in spit and she still had her usual sweet smile on her face. They play together surprisingly well, but Jakob can just been mean sometimes. I have to be close by watching and/or listening. :

Old 08-03-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majazama
that's my grrls! : If elwynn was all alone, he would be drawing quietly, or cleaning up his toys or something intirely not-3, right fern?

oh well, it will make for good laughs when they are 25.
i love your girls.. no matter if they are hellraisers (meant in the nicest possible way!!!)

and elwynn does get into trouble.. but not usually alone.. no.

on other news... like half of my DDC from ngaio are pregnant again!!i cant even imagine having another baby already and i still havnt seen AF.. so im FREAKING OUT. im Not ready to have another baby..if ever and ak. its scary.. so i think im booking an appt for an IUD ths week.

Quote:

Old 08-03-2006, 02:28 PM

How old is Ngaio again?

Old 08-03-2006, 10:55 PM

she is 8 months old! and almost walking. its crazy and scary.

Quote:

Old 08-04-2006, 02:06 AM

Good to hear from you again, Fern.

Zachary doesn't spit, but he does plenty of other annoying things. He's just been so argumentative and defiant lately. I am trying to explain to him that I say "NO" to keep him safe, not to be mean. He just acts like I'm trying to make his life miserable or something. And when he acts up Julianna gets brave and her attitude is AWFUL. She whines, throws herself on the floor, cries about everything... It's great!

I'm tired, so I better be off to bed. Sleep tight, mamas... And welcome newcomers.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

Old 08-04-2006, 12:19 PM

BooBah walked at nine months; she hasn't slowed down yet and is quite the daredevil. Good luck with that!

I was definately pregnant by the time BeanBean was 8 months old. I was also actively avoiding by then with BooBah. In fact, Bella is 4 months old and I got my period two weeks ago. : I'm so amazed when people manage to not have cycles for a whole year after having a baby.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:59 PM

i kind of assumed i would get it back at about 7 months PP because thats when it happened with elwynn.. but i now realise that nothing is the same. nothing at all between babies and pregnancy and all of that.. every time is totally new and different.

how is having 3?

Quote:

Old 08-04-2006, 09:06 PM

subbing

User Tag List