Considering Triple/Quad Stroller - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-24-2003, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted in 2 other forums, but I want advice from someone who has BTDT.

I have 3 girls - 4 months to 4 years. We live 3/4 mile from a downtown area and walk the 1.5 miles round trip every chance we get (usually just me w/all 3 girls). I also frequently take them to the mall (mostly to play) and the zoo.

I have a double stroller and we have used it a lot. I think I need a triple or a quad b/c we will definitely use it. I do like to wear the baby in and front or backpack, but in the summer it does get a little warm to do so and also, my MIL has one day of the week as "her" day w/the girls and she likes to walk as well. She's tiny and not comfortable wearing the baby so I know she'd like a triple/quad stroller and would use the heck out of it too.

I've been looking at the J Mason triples and quads b/c we can get one for under $250 shipped. Any feedback on these? I like the triple b/c it's thin enough to go thru a standard doorway. However, the quad appeals to me b/c if I have another... and it makes all the kids that much closer to me, but it will obviously not fit thru a standard doorway. What to do?

Help me mamas! Any other strollers or means of transporting 3 kids effectively that you can recommend?

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-24-2003, 03:45 PM

Well considering you wouldn't have 4 kids until one was at least 5 years old, it seems like a quad stroller would waste space. I also would be worried about getting a stroller that is just too hard to drag out and push around all the time. Maybe you would still mostly use the double because the bigger stroller is awkward, especially on sidewalks and curbs, ect.

I know when we walk somewhere outside, my oldest usually rides his bike. Could that be an option for the oldest?

I also have seen those steps that you can attach to the back of a stroller so that an older child can stand there. Could you get one for your double stroller or find just a double that already has one?

Although your baby is not big enough yet another thought would be a wagon.
#3 of 4 Old 04-02-2003, 01:32 AM

Hi there,

I have a 2 and a 4 year old and babysit my 1 year old niece alot. To get them around I use a chariot...where I live almost every family has one because they are so darn awesome!! My chariot is my freedom. I put the two youngest in it and my 4 yo rides on the side when she needs a break from walking (many trips downtown per week) And occasionally I put her inside on the floor at the other two'e feet. It rocks in the snow, turns into a bike trailer, folds up small, has room for several bags of groceries in the back, has a bug cover, and well fitted plastic rain/snow cover...etc. You can also get a little custom made hammock for the baby to go in on one side of it...ok ok

www.chariotcarriers.com

ps-you can get these used and I have found this to be the single most useful baby/ child item ever...worth the dear price!

Rayna
#4 of 4 Old 04-13-2003, 04:10 AM

I am so lusting for the J. Mason quad (and it does fit through a standard door!! ) I have kids around your kids' ages and it would make me being able to walk places sans dh so nice. Instead we bought a wagon that has a caboose and I found a little booster seat that fits in the caboose for my baby to ride in ...but that wouldn't work for a young baby. The triple is going to be hard to stear and finagle. We were at teh zoo the other day and saw a quad and it looked awesome!! And easy to use and having an extra seat is always useful. If it makes it easier for you to get out of the house and get some exercise and enjoy your day with your sweety pies go for it! I wish I had done it.

Heidi : Married for 15 years, expecting our 8th baby in July!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page