what are the signs of growth spurt in almost 4 year old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-20-2006, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
so i spoke to some advice nurses and peds. to find out about growth spurt in older children and came up with zilch.

so i am curious - is eating a sign of growth spurt? suddenly my dd cant eat enough and eats right thru out the day. i noticed she had one earlier this year and the only way i knew was when it became suddenly colder two months after winter her winter pants that i had to roll up before were now shorter.

so could there be one more than once a year?

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#2 of 3 Old 08-20-2006, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have an almost 5 yr old and the biggest clue that she's going through a spurt (and she goes through a few a year) is the nonstop eating. When I start to feel really tired of her asking me for food, it's usually because of a growth spurt, lol! She's going through one right now so I'm making sure to have lots of fruit, yogurt and cheesesticks where she can get to them herself because that makes it easier on both of us. My dd is already so tall and I buy her a lot of Hanna Andersson because they're the only clothes that fit for at least a year.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#3 of 3 Old 08-20-2006, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I've recently read somewhere that children grow from the feet up. So, first their feet will go up a size, then their legs will grow longer, then their torso and arms will grow longer. I think a 4 yo old is supposed to grow about 2 inches in a year.

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page