Nice to meet you, ifmamaainthappy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 164 Old 10-10-2006, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so where the hell is everybody?

Sarita- you are 39 weeks now, I am *so* excited for you!

OK, so my mom came back from Mexico and asked me how it went with Dominick (my nephew). I told him it was fine, a little hectic, but it's always chaotic here so one more kid kind of blended in. So she asks me if I want to take him. Like, for good! Ummm... DH told her it would be too much seeing as I'm pregnant and everyone is already sharing a bedroom. I feel bad for my mom- she's 52 and her youngest will be 18 in December so she and my dad were all set to retire and live in Mexico full-time, and now they have a 1 yr old. I told my mom to just wait and see what happens in court in April when Dominick is supposed to go home with his parents, as long as they follow through on everything they need to be doing. (They have to have 10 consecutive clean drug tests...) My sister is due in April and CPS said they won't be taking custody of that baby as long as she stays drug-free, and she can get Dominick back at that time. So we shall see. I barely convinced DH to let me have another baby because we'd have *5* kids total, and now we're trying to wrap our heads around the concept of *6*. :

I will *NOT* be taking my sister's new baby if CPS removes him/her because I barely made it through raising Z and J, and I just don't think I could do it again. The sleep deprivation with two babies, the crying, all those diapers... I just don't think I could live through it and remain sane! I'm kind of looking forward to having only one baby to take care of this time around.

I hope my dumb ass sister gets her sh*t together for the sake of her children...

So, I'm feeling my baby dance around now! The best mood elevator EVER!!!

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#63 of 164 Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 PM

FMB..
Quit copying me!!!

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :
#64 of 164 Old 10-11-2006, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberSun View Post

So, I'm feeling my baby dance around now! The best mood elevator EVER!!!
Yay! That's so exciting.
#65 of 164 Old 10-11-2006, 02:14 PM

Ya, 39 weeks and no clue about any names. I hope she doesn't end up nameless for 2 weeks like Razi,
Leah, it so wonderful isn't it? It' funny how exciting it is to actually hold your babe but I will sooo miss the feeling of a baby moving around inside.
#66 of 164 Old 10-11-2006, 03:38 PM

im so happy for both of you. new life is amazing.
sarita have a beautiful birth and leah, woohoo.. i love the first stirings. it makes it all seem so much more real. love to you all.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#67 of 164 Old 10-11-2006, 10:48 PM

Fern- we made your gingerbread cookies already! It's not too early in the season for some good gingerbread cookies!!!

We pre-ordered two Playstation 3's and we're going to sell one on e-bay and use the profit for X-mas gifts. I have everything picked out in catalogs for everyone, except for a few more things for the kids. (So far Z and J are getting guitars in personalized cases and books. ) Thank goodness for shopping online and really cool catalogs to get all my gift giving done without the hassle of the crowds.

As soon as I get Christmas shopping done for everyone else I can start on myself. DIAPERS!!!

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#68 of 164 Old 10-12-2006, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Fern- we made your gingerbread cookies already! It's not too early in the season for some good gingerbread cookies!!!

oooh..yum! im glad you use that recipe.

we just got this whole container of rad metal halloween/autumn cookie cutters (from michales)..ive been wantintg to make gingerbread cookies with them. maybe tomorow..

i made a fancy organic pumpkin cheesecake for my dp's arrival home last night..it was his birthday while he was away so it was kinda a welcome home/happy birthday cake. it was so yummy and i didnt even use a recipe. i was impressed with myself.

has anyone here considered or done any culinary training?

the older i get the more i go the more i love cooking and creating new things with food.. i really want to go to school for it, but i dont know if i would want to be a cook in the food industry.. im more inclined to starting a small business or something..maybe a catering company..a cafe where i serve great food and have some yarn and knitting stuff and books and zines and rart in the back..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#69 of 164 Old 10-12-2006, 02:52 PM

hey everyone. i will have to catch up and tell all later.
my life is too crazy to keep up sometimes if i don't get notified. waah:

i feel the need to spam you on something i feel strongly about. there is a link to a petition here and please do sign, and if you can find the time to write letters, i thank you immeasurably (i still need to do mine). already, homebirth in louisiana is very difficult because 2 doctor visits are required and there is intense pressure for no doctors to backup (like my friend called 40 doctors and coudn't get anyone this past year), and i only know of 2 practicing midwives for the whole state - though i hope there are a few more, it is still not many due to how things are. we have some of the highest epidural and caeserean rates here. even you have no interest in homebirth, the state is trying to force the lack of choice, and this could set precedents.

http://www.hathorthecowgoddess.com/
#70 of 164 Old 10-12-2006, 03:14 PM

oh i see - media and cooking.
my kids first movie is always totoro. i don't know about any messages, i just like the pace of it and the sensitivity, as well as in kiki. if you have netflix the cat returns by the same studio is amusing to some as well. reed's first favorites were singing in the rain and mary poppins. original pooh movie is good too. right now we are all brady bunch, over and over.

i worked in basically only food when i had jobs, so i guess that counts as culinary experience. i know that i would never be able to cook the way i do now if i hadn't had to do massive amounts no matter what frame of mind i happenned to be in as a job. arrgh, that doesn't make me feel great about homeschooling...my dh too somehwo he got lucky enough to get up to chef positions without the culinary school. if you ever read kitchen confidential and read the little bit he says about the women, that was me for a little while - the foul mouthed tough woman in the kitchen.

media and toys you just have to find your way. somewhere there is a balance in the world we live in. here i feel i must offer the advice: don't let your kids get attached to every little scrap of everything and cater to it. and a dvd player, it is possible to borrow these things from friends or offer to rent or (uh- oh) we have considered buying and returning or reselling.

drawing is weird stuff, since ive got the three. ruby has drawn faces for a year now. and she will be inclined towards workbooks and all the traditional learning stuff. she is my first one to be interested. reed i can still hardly get to write or draw ever, though we just played yahtzee and he scored with a pencil just fine. for him it is lack of fine motor skill, which i believe leads to reading late. he just started reading about 6-9 months ago, like being able to go beyond the basic recognition of twenty words. in this past week he is suddenly devouring small chapter books and reading to the other two. it is fascinating and relieving, as much as i worked not to worry about it. of course now i have to really look around since he CAN read. i guess i'm trying to say - every kid is different. and i've got all those girl versus boy opinions too......

a friend of mine gave me a book called birth, by tina cassidy. i am not recommending you read it though it is very good unless you feel you have a tougher sensitivity, because it is just agonizing at times for me to read about the history of abuses done to women for the sake of birth.

anyways, i have been freaking depressed but our refinance went through. i guess all that is another post.
#71 of 164 Old 10-12-2006, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post

has anyone here considered or done any culinary training?
I ran a bistro for many years before i got pregnant. I was the manager, basically, and head chef, and did the desserts too mostly.

I loved it sometimes. Hated it other times.

Doing it for a good salary would have made it better. Working for sane people would have been nice too.

All in all, its hard fucking work. The days can be very long.

The creative outlet is a great process, of course.
#72 of 164 Old 10-12-2006, 06:51 PM

jsut have a second more- hugs to all the mamas. It seems that fall has brought in lots of transitionary emotions for a lot of us. The season of death and eventually rebirth is coming up on us, i think that deeply effects us.

I'll try to get on yahoo later to extrapolate.

BIG HUGS!!!!!!
#73 of 164 Old 10-12-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Ok, so where the hell is everybody?
PLaying with the presents my now 4 year old got for his bday of course!!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#74 of 164 Old 10-12-2006, 07:33 PM

Tea Olive- Have you seen Whisper of the Heart? It's the movie before The Cat Returns. I really like The Cat Returns. It's so funny. It's not as innocent as Totoro or Kiki's Delivery Service, but it's fun.
#75 of 164 Old 10-12-2006, 07:34 PM

Krista- So sorry I couldn't make it to the party/playdate. Did you get my email?
So, is Ryan driving yet? lol. He's so mature for his age...
#76 of 164 Old 10-12-2006, 08:09 PM

thats the thing. it has to be the perfect conditions..otherwsie its just not worth the stress and hard work.

baby is awake...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I ran a bistro for many years before i got pregnant. I was the manager, basically, and head chef, and did the desserts too mostly.

I loved it sometimes. Hated it other times.

Doing it for a good salary would have made it better. Working for sane people would have been nice too.

All in all, its hard fucking work. The days can be very long.

The creative outlet is a great process, of course.

Quote:

#77 of 164 Old 10-12-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post

I'll try to get on yahoo later to extrapolate.
Mona, I would love that :

Casina! Good to 'see' you! I wasn't getting noticfication either and I figured out that when I subbed, I had to change the option how I wanted notification. I didn't used to have to do that but for some reason now i do. Hope that helps

Mamafern, cooking as a living would be like, living hell for me I could see how one would want to but not me... see my cup of tea would be more like...a diesel mechanic. not much to do w/ cooking,
#78 of 164 Old 10-13-2006, 12:26 AM

i got notified this time, so i shall shrug.
whisper of the heart...i have not seen and thank you for reminding! i am a big fan of miyazaki/ghibli and the only one on my agenda was to wait for earthsea.....
this whole year has been a fugueing transition but i agree, lately it has been exceptional in feeling. i gave up and started taking 5htp four days ago i have never taken four in a row, but the other day i told my dh, "put me in the zoo".
#79 of 164 Old 10-13-2006, 07:28 PM

You are in a zoo, Casina.

We went to the Phoenix zoo yesterday. It was fun. My SIL (my older brother's wife- one of the "good" SILs ) has a membership so she can get us all in for free. It's nice to walk around in the fresh air, get some exercise, and see all the animals and not spend a penny.

I splurged and ordered a new laptop from Dell because somehow I got a virus on my other one and it is acting screwy. I will have my SIL (DH's sister- the "bad" SIL) try to wipe out the hard drive and start over. I have to figure everything out on this new computer, and I am not technically inclined, so it might take awhile, lol...

Glad to see everyone again. (Still missing Rynna, Amy, and Meg???)

#80 of 164 Old 10-13-2006, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToJoy View Post
Krista- So sorry I couldn't make it to the party/playdate. Did you get my email?
So, is Ryan driving yet? lol. He's so mature for his age...
Blech, Ryan's only male classmate in preschool has been teaching him many not so desirable behaviors. But at least Ryan is successfully driving a tricycle now.
A.J. has finally started to interact with his classmates. Sooo cute.
The bday party was great though. Really low key and fun. A perfectly gorgeous autumn day at the playground. Wish you both could have made it.
I thought of you the other night...we had my mother put the boys to bed and we went out to Vinny T's (with Nate too of course) on a gift card we had. Yummo!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#81 of 164 Old 10-14-2006, 08:33 PM

#82 of 164 Old 10-15-2006, 04:52 PM

We've been in-and-out of town the last few weeks. I've been either packing or unpacking : Now I'm home and just have to gear up for my in-laws' visit in a week. I'm dreading it. They're not bad people, I'm just not even a fan of people in general... and these people are my children's grandparents. Talk about threatening! As a little girl dreaming about my wedding, I could never quite picture my groom's face... but he was always an orphan!

DecemberSun, YEAH here's hoping your sis gets her life together! SIX kids? Tie another knot on the crazy rope if you did that one. I can see how only one newborn at a time will be a pleasant change for you

Do any kids here play kitchen stuff? My kids have never been exposed to a play kitchen or anything... I'd like to get them one for Xmas but am nervous that they'll never play with it.
#83 of 164 Old 10-15-2006, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmasEve View Post

Do any kids here play kitchen stuff? My kids have never been exposed to a play kitchen or anything... I'd like to get them one for Xmas but am nervous that they'll never play with it.

we just found some for our girls, and H is playing with her little pot full of water right now. (getting water splashed on the floor, of course) She LOVES the pretend cooking stuff. She even now has some kitchen utensils I don't even have I say go for it. It's an indispensable toy. I'm learning that some toys really are very good for the kids to have.
#84 of 164 Old 10-15-2006, 06:16 PM

elwynn loves playing kitchen. especially in the sandbox with water and leaves, twigs, dirt.. in my experience the simple stuff is the best. you dont need a lot just a few small pots and spoons.. their imagination is the best tool ever with this kind of play.

Quote:

#85 of 164 Old 10-15-2006, 06:20 PM

I'd like to join. My dd is almost 4... (her bday is November 29th).
#86 of 164 Old 10-15-2006, 10:09 PM

Welcome to the Monkey House, HopesMom...

Play cooking is one of my kids' main activities. They are always playing restaurant, picnics, having a tea party, or cooking me stuff. They are really cute when they "make" stuff out of rocks, leaves ("spices"), and dirt.

I got a new laptop and they took the flat box and starting playing "Pizza Guy". It was SO cute! Zach knocked on the bedroom door, delivered the pizza to Nan, and they ate it. They found some of the packing styrofoam pieces and those were the pizza slices. When they were done they even put the "leftovers" into the refrigerator.

We don't get pizza delivery out here so it must be an exciting thing for the kids to do when we can... What cuties.

Two more days 'till Sarita's EDD (or two more sleeps, as Zachary would say)!!! Woohoo!

#87 of 164 Old 10-16-2006, 01:12 AM

Quote:

Two more days 'till Sarita's EDD (or two more sleeps, as Zachary would say)!!! Woohoo!

:

Leah, what cuties!!

XmasEve, I got razi a play kitchen last solstice (xmas) a nice wooden one. he loved (loves) it but he started drawing on it and ink stamps and glitter paint so I put it away for awhile.
#88 of 164 Old 10-17-2006, 02:31 AM

sarita.. im thinking of you right now.

things with elwynn have gotten a lot better these days. i think the adjustment of having his dad gone and me working was pretty hard on him. i decided to make a concious decission just to be super patient and loving despite his nastyiness and its really really helped. when he gets super whiny or spazzy i just snuggle and kiss him till ge laughs or distract him as best i can and if he just needs to freak out i let him as long as he isnt hurting anyone. but he hasnt even needed to get too upset about anything lately..daddy is home (and he is very happy about that) and things have settled down around here with me working and stuff.. so i guess its true.. "this too shall pass" is a great mantra.

on the ngaio front..she is taking steps!! she is little miss i can do anything these days. she stands and plays with toys and is getting her 7th tooth. i cant belive time goes past sooo fast.

how is everyone?

Quote:

#89 of 164 Old 10-17-2006, 01:26 PM

Hey fern, thanks for the hugs! I wish there was a good reason you were thinking of my last night but alas, I was only sleeping (not complaining about that!!) but wouldv'e been nice if I was pushing!

And wow, it just doesn't seem that long ago we were waiting to hear about ngaio being born!
#90 of 164 Old 10-17-2006, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saritasmile View Post
Hey fern, thanks for the hugs! I wish there was a good reason you were thinking of my last night but alas, I was only sleeping (not complaining about that!!) but wouldv'e been nice if I was pushing!

And wow, it just doesn't seem that long ago we were waiting to hear about ngaio being born!
well, being a sleeping goddess is a good enough reason to be thinking of someone!! it cant be too far off now.. its hard in the last few days..i didnt feel happy at all abouut being pregnant after my duedate passed me by. i wish that i had been a bit more patient with myself and ngaio. because when she did come. oh my!!! she came FAst and furious.

sending you gentle birthing vibes..

i know..! crazy huh.?. i was thinking about just how pregnant i was last year at this time.. it makes a me a bit sad.. but im not sure why. i LOVE my baby girl. she is total and utter joy. every little snuggle, kiss, cute thing she does gives me this feeling of pure bliss..

Quote:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page