Little gift for 5 & 7 year old girls?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-16-2003, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm taking my boys to stay at my sister's house this weekend. We'll be taking over her daughters' bedrooms (ages 5 & 7) while we are there & I'd like to think of something I can leave for them as a little thank you. They have tons and tons of toys & I wanted to think of something kind of different that wouldn't just get piled up with all the other things. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
#2 of 5 Old 04-16-2003, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Little bead kits for making jewlery

Nail polish and body clitter (little containers of these sparkely things can be found at wal0martfor $.88)

Gel pens and black paper. Or just colors and a pad of regular paper

O couple of polly pocket dolls.

5-7 is such a great age because they are old enough to do stuff and young enough to still enjoy everything.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#3 of 5 Old 04-17-2003, 01:23 AM

If they like to read, how about books ( current favorites with us:
The Boxcar Children Mysteries

All of a Kind of Family

Superfudge by Judy Blume
#4 of 5 Old 04-17-2003, 02:20 PM

I have a five and seven year old girls
They love getting those little cheap notepads with a cute picture on front
they spend all day writing notes to each other, playing mail etc.

fun and cheap
#5 of 5 Old 04-17-2003, 07:24 PM

I have a six year old girl - and I second the notebook idea! Get the small ones that are in the shape of a flower or heart or have sparkles on the front, etc. Kind of diary-like without the lock. And a cute or fun pen - my dd likes the ones with fluff or feathers on the end....

If dd gets one more Polly Pocket I will lose it. She has so many of them and they are hard to dress even for an adult!

Paperback books are a good inexpensive idea but hard to know what they may already have.

Art supplies are fun - glitter glue, fun scissors that cut a pattern or a book of art projects. My dd was in a Scholastic club for Hello Kitty art projects and that had great, easy, fun ideas and came with the supplies to do it. Wonder if they have those books in the regular book stores?

My dd loves nail polish but not all moms are happy to see that come in the door. Hair accessories are always popular with my dd - headbands, ponies, barrettes.
Kirsten

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page