My littlest will be 5 next month - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-21-2003, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and he has turned into a screaming meamie half the time
I know part of this is "normal" according to your fabulous four year old
but when he gets told no or in trouble or the like he turns into a hysterical,screaming,crying blob and trying to do anything ( remove him, even acknowledging his feelings ! just makes it worse ) and I am at my wits end
my teen keeps telling me I can't control my child and I need to have him evaled like the older one ( and that is a sep issue with me and the teen but it is NOT helping the other situation)
Other than that he is a pretty good kid though a bit headstrong
and there hasn't really been any changes lately so ..

HELP
#2 of 3 Old 04-22-2003, 12:19 AM

I know that parenting a 5 year old is tough work. I have one who drives me bananas. But having a teen sitting in judgement, well that would drive me completely bonkers.

I think if the teen thinks he is so special leave your DS with him when he next flips out and say "you know everything, you deal with him". But of course I know nothing about teens so can't be of help really.

All I can say is keep your head with your little one, hang in there and do the parenting thing as well as you can. Come here for advice and support for specific behaviours and put the bloody teen in time out if his mouth runs away with him.

Hugs to you.
#3 of 3 Old 04-24-2003, 12:03 AM

I think 5 year olds definitely can drive you crazy sometimes. On the bright side I hear they aren't as hard as 7 year olds. My friend has 2 little ones and a teenager. Her hair is turning gray. Have you tried making sure you do something nice for yourself every day? For instance drink your tea while it's still hot, pee alone, eat chocolate, etc. You get the idea. Remember everything is a phase and eventually you'll get through it together.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page