Yesturday my kids told me - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2003, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
something so cute. I can't remember who actually said it, but they were in total agreement.

Kids: Hey mom, do you wanna know how men get beards?
Me: Ummm, okay. How do they get beards?
Kids: They drink lots of root beer(beard).
Me: :LOL

I just had to share...anyone else have something cute, or off the wall their kids have done/said?

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2003, 11:06 PM

That's so cute about root beer making beards. Kids are so creative and inventive in their innocence. yesterday we were driving in the car and my 3 yo ds was asking me about if I'll still love him after he grows up and gets old and after we die, which practically had me in tears to think about us dying, and I was saying even after our bodies die our spirits can be together and love eachother and he rubbed his body and said "Mommy, where's my spirit because I want to touch it."
Old 04-28-2003, 08:28 PM

I love the way they think!

Dd (4) spent spring vacation singing the Peter Cottontail song with her Grandpa (you know, where it says, "... baskets full of Easter joys"). She found a finger puppet I had hidden to put into her Easter basket the next day and asked what it was. I admitted it was something I had gotten for her Easter basket. She looked shocked and said indignantly, "But YOU don't bring me Easter joys!!"
Old 04-30-2003, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
When my brother was a preschooler, somebody asked him, "When you grow up, are you going to grow a beard like your daddy's?" He said yes. The visitor said, "I wonder if your beard will be red, too." (My dad's beard was much redder than his hair.) My brother announced firmly, "No! I'm going to have a BLUE beard!" He proceeded to draw a lot of pictures of his grownup bluebearded self.

Then he grew up and grew a reddish beard. :LOL

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Old 05-01-2003, 06:14 PM

I love the things little children say. I love the way their minds think. They are so literal and have a tendency to take what we adults say so seriously....example: when my dd was about 3 yrs old, we were riding in the car heading home from shopping. I told her that we were going to drop Daddy off at the house and then head off to (where ever we were headed to at the time ). And she piped up and said ..." but won't that hurt Daddy when we drop him?" My dh and I laughed pretty hard because it was soooo cute.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:18 PM

My 4 y.o. is still trying to figure out why Gramma likes to "hit the road" before she leaves us to drive home, LOL!
Old 05-01-2003, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

:LOL I'm cracking up over here! Kids are so amazing!! I forgot I started this thread, and just remembered. I needed to read these responses today!! Thank you for sharing your stories!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif

User Tag List