The December 4 yr old thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 97 Old 12-05-2006, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd start the new thread for a change. hungry baby calling...
#2 of 97 Old 12-05-2006, 01:22 AM

thanks sarita!!!

#3 of 97 Old 12-05-2006, 02:25 AM

dang, here i am.

leah, i'm ordering you to feel better about it all with julianna. you are smart and sensitive and giving yourself a hard time unnecessarily. she is behaving like a pain and she needs you to laugh. so many hugs to you.

ruby's tongue is covered with ulcers. nowhere else. i can't find my book, and at the time i first saw them, i didn't have the truck and my phone has quit working. i panicked and then told myself most things like this are viruses an i need to just watch for the day since she didn't seem very bothered and had no other symptoms. so now it is the middle of the night and i'm worried about it again.

there are ads to the left i am finding distracting.
#4 of 97 Old 12-05-2006, 05:07 AM

and hello sarah!:
#5 of 97 Old 12-05-2006, 10:23 AM

hey mamas!

sorry casina! i hope you get some insight or at least inner calm until things clear up.

yeah, those ads suck ballz. luckily i can just pretend they are not there. but everyonce and a while i really notice it, and i'm like WTF. /sigh @ mothering.

so my god- K slept for a couple hours then was so upset and wouldnm't let me out of her sight/feel. every time she fell back to sleep she'd wake up after i snuck out of the room. wtf. she kept saying over and over that i needed to stay by her side. one time when i went ouf the room to GO PEE OMG she had a total sobbing fit. i think this actually helped get some stuff out as she slept prett well after that, albeit i was laying next to her.
i can't get a grasp on wtf is going on w/ her. i've had NO dairy or soy that i know of. but she did have a bagel yesterday. i didn't think wheat was a culprit for us but who knows. its all a very large puzzle for me and it seems i continue to lack the pieces to make the picture whole. :/

she keeps saying she is weaning at 4, but HELLOOOOO that is in like 3 weeks. i'm thinking, HOW? lol and ftr, it is not me saying she needs to wean at 4, or even that i want her to. it is soemthing she came up w/ awhile ago. and a few days ago she told me again that when she turns four i won't need to sleep w/ her or give her munyas. poor thing must be going thru it on some level. :/

i have gotten the official go ahead from dh that when she DOES wean, i'm going away for the weekend. goddess, i can't wait. but i am not keeping my hopes up of that happening any time soon. all i know is that after 4 years i could use one or two nights of sleep.

my brother is moving out soon. he finally got custody of his boys (14 and 15 yo) and is too broke to get his own place atm (long story) so he's moving in with my parents (along with his sons). k is totally bummed, but wes is estactic since we'll be able to have sex in the kitchen at will now.
i will miss him, esp since k really loves him and loves to hang out with him and it was like havinga live in distractor. but, he's alos bi polar, who is past drug addict and a current self medicator. lol I love him, and we have a very close connection, but he really drains my energy at times.
anyway, more life changes.

meg- i hope you feel better soon. do you guys still have pink eye? i could send that homeopathic bottle i got while in FL if youwant.

ok, i've blubbered enuf

hugs to all!!!
#6 of 97 Old 12-05-2006, 01:03 PM

thank you sarita, for starting things anew!
how is rajani today?is she feeling any better?

casina: thats really strange about ruby's tongue.. do you think it could be a food allergy? i get that from eating fresh pineapple, but not canned stuff.. i hope you figure out what it is..
thanks for your words, BTW..and im sorry for being stupid before on the other message board. i feel really bad. i was hurting.

busy days here.. with no end in sight.

Happy 4th Birthday Haeven Soleil!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#7 of 97 Old 12-05-2006, 01:22 PM

Happy birthday Haeven!

Tea Olive, I don't know about the ulcers. Hmm. Keep us posted.

Mona, that's funny. Some while back dc1 was playing a game with her dolls and made a comment about how only babies nursed, not kids. I said some kids nurse, even kids older than her. She thought about that and then declared she would START nursing again when she was 4! That's a laugh. She just likes to milk me like a cow, squeezing my breast so milk shoots into her mouth. It's nfl/ap weird sometimes?

Just a thought, maybe K's issues will clear up a bit with her uncle gone. As much fun as he is, he seems to have a lot of weight in his aura, and that could be draining K as well, as much as she enjoys him. So, where will you be going on your weekend?

Still sick, but getting better. We hear tomorrow if dh got the firefighting job. That will either pull me out of this pit or kill me.
#8 of 97 Old 12-05-2006, 01:44 PM

Hi everyone-

Casina, I get TERRIBLE mouth ulcers from fennel and cinnamon.

Leah, all i can say is I'm sending you so much love! As I think I mentioned my mother grew up in the foster care system and I personally thank you every minute of my life for the love and security you are giving J.

Punk, i sent you an email from your post on the yahoo group. In case you look here first please send me your new address as well as the name of the place you can go to access the internet. comming your way .....

Big News Here ... GA hasn't nursed since before thanksgiving. I never would have beleived it a year ago but they actuallyDO self wean
#9 of 97 Old 12-05-2006, 02:46 PM

hey everyone!
glad to see you fern. hugs!

her ulcers got wider not deeper and today they are almost gone.
i have no idea all i can think of is if she stole an unripened seckel pear from the box, which would have normally have just puckered or from taking a sip from me and dh's potion she doesn't like by accident - a strong brew of licorice, ginseng, and ginger. no cinnamon or fennel lately, though thank you for the heads up amy! she cannot stand anything slightly spicy or strong, not even too much black pepper, so who knows. i gave her a bunch of probiotics cos i had figured it was probably virus related and that wouldn't hurt and she is pretty durn yeasty lately.

can anyone tell me offhand how old mariah, punk's little girl is?

meg, good luck with the news about the job.
lisa, where would you go for a whole weekend? my dh is wanting to go on an exotic vacation and i suggested he just go by himself.

we just went hunting for a wii and rented pirates of the caribbean.
#10 of 97 Old 12-05-2006, 02:47 PM

and happy birthday haeven!
#11 of 97 Old 12-05-2006, 06:46 PM

thanks saritasmile for the new thread
#12 of 97 Old 12-06-2006, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Birthday Haeven!!!!
#13 of 97 Old 12-06-2006, 03:34 AM

ruby asks me everyday when is her big party with lots of presents. shrug.
hmmm i haven't even figured out holiday gifts or cards or whatnot!

it looks like we will have a family gathering with my mil around xmas. thanksgiving just us 5 was weird and peaceful.
#14 of 97 Old 12-06-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea olive View Post
ruby asks me everyday when is her big party with lots of presents. shrug.
hmmm i haven't even figured out holiday gifts or cards or whatnot!

it looks like we will have a family gathering with my mil around xmas. thanksgiving just us 5 was weird and peaceful.
im having a hard time this year with parties.. i didnt really do much more than make a cake and buy sushi for ngaio's birthday.. we had family and thats it...a few gifts, no more than 5.. i keep meaning to plan a big 1st birthday bash for her , but im totally unmotivated..or maybe just too busy.
i was going to do elwynns' 4th birthday combined with ngaio's 1st.. but i might do it in the new year,when all the craziness of christmas and everything has passed.. i find it overwhelming to say the least!without 2 really specials birthdays to celebrate. every day of my life is full up of other peoples needs..most of the time i enjoy it but at 6 am.. not so much.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#15 of 97 Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 AM

HAPPY LATE B'DAY TO HAVEVEN!!!!!

how did the day go jaz?

god, i am so not attuned to the dates and events. sorry i'm missing birthdays and such. :
#16 of 97 Old 12-06-2006, 12:32 PM

Happy Late Birthday to Haeven!

Has anyone found 4 years old to be challenging? Christopher likes to challenge me on everyone front and it is driving me crazy! :

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#17 of 97 Old 12-06-2006, 08:07 PM

Oh yes, this is the third time I have a 4 year old too. She delights in teasing her sisters which is something new for me.
#18 of 97 Old 12-06-2006, 08:20 PM

Leah, my mind goes blank when I'm on the 'puter-- but here goes:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO ZACHARY!!!
#19 of 97 Old 12-06-2006, 08:22 PM

HAPPY B'DAY ZACHERY!!!

seriously, see why i only have one kid? lol

can't wait to hear about the birthday scenes!!!!

hugs and
#20 of 97 Old 12-06-2006, 09:22 PM

well, lisa, if ya hafta know.... it was pretty laid back...balloons, only guests were grama and grampa (the real ones, lol)... haeven loved all the presents, cake, and attention (which she gets every day anyways, but the extra was wonderful)... I made a chocolate cake, as usual, two teir smothered in chocolate icing... beeswax candles... I made her a birthday hat.... my mom and I both told her about what we remember about her '0' birthday.... told her she came out my yoni and grama told her what I said when I phoned after she was born. and how little she was.... I cried, while icing the cake (as usual)... got presents from grama B in QC, and great grama in mission, and fern and family ( puzzles, new clothes, activity book, dressup trunk, musical instruments).... we blew out candles all night after the guests left... 'more cake, with candle'....

good times.:
#21 of 97 Old 12-06-2006, 10:20 PM

happy birthday day zachery!

Quote:

#22 of 97 Old 12-07-2006, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

YAY ZACKARY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I wish i knew how to make the writing more exciting.
#23 of 97 Old 12-07-2006, 03:42 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACHARY!!!!

<<<<<god, i am so not attuned to the dates and events. sorry i'm missing birthdays and such.>>>>>

i have to say i am the same, as much as i know i should do better.
when i forget to say happy birthday or congratulations or fail to answer a question even when i meddle in other things and you have asked me directly, please know that i mean nothing by it. i have simply forgotten because my mind is convoluted. also, even with so many years of computer usage, i think this is my first year finding my way with using it, and feeling out my communication with it.

jaz, that sounds really really nice.

ruby is quite stubborn and defiant. i know the other two were at this age but this particular version makes me bananas cos she seems to know better what is going on. lately she pees in her clothes once a week because she simply finds it too much trouble to go. i am finally not hounding her to go all the time cos i give up on that one.
it is worse when dh is home. my guess is cos he is more lenient with them. hahahahaha, me the strict parent. it is actually more about consistency i guess. i'm really good at constantly growling about the same things and being hypersensitive to it ever happenning again and avoiding those situations or fixing the house so it won't happen. i have become rather strict in comparison to how i was four years ago, even a year ago. i will not do anything for ruby when she shrieks at me, no matter how pathetic her situation. cos she is able to control her voice when i demand it, thought it ain't pretty this weeding of it. they are shrieking so much that i am afraid the cops are going to come over so i have become intolerant of it.
they really need to say no and can't help it though. it is part of saying "i'm me!"
#24 of 97 Old 12-07-2006, 06:46 PM

Zachary's birthday was December 3rd, but thank you for all the well wishes. Happy belated birthday to Haeven! And happy birthday to the ones I have forgotten to mention... I think Eli, Ruby, and Razi are the only other 4 yr olds, the rest are coming right up? I think we can all agree that we love each other's kids and we don't mean to forget to wish happy birthdays. It's tough to keep up with this wild group!

Ok, so my baby is tranverse at 27 weeks. Do I have time for her to get into position? I don't have health insurance and can't imagine how we would pay for a c-section. Please please send us prayers and well wishes that she gets her head where it needs to be!!! I can feel her completely stretched out with her head on my left and her feet on my right. It's really weird because Zachary was always head down, as far as I could tell. And this baby is facing in so she likes to punch my insides, which feels intensely weird to me! It's definitely bizarre to feel someone tickling my bladder.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#25 of 97 Old 12-07-2006, 06:54 PM

Leah, dc2 was transverse for the LONGEST time. Then when she got too big for that, comfortably, she was OBLIQUE all the time. If she wasn't oblique, she was breech... Only rarely was she head down! And I never saw a doctor or midwife, and had her UC. She turned head down only about the last 3 weeks, so at about 40 weeks.

For me it was mental. Until I was honestly ready to have her out in the world and in our family, she wouldn't "assume the position!" It's quite common. Have you been experiencing any recent stresses or fears about adding another baby to the mix?
#26 of 97 Old 12-07-2006, 07:01 PM

happy belated b-day to Zachary!!!

Leah, you have lots of time before the baby will need to be head first. Are you going with a MW? Post something about this in the "midwives/doulas forum" or UC forum, and they can help direct you to some good websites on 'spinning babies'.... There is something I remember about making sure you are having good posture all the time to be sure baby is in a good position. pushing a shopping cart is a good activity to get baby in the right spot....

anyone here remember that website???
#27 of 97 Old 12-07-2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmasEve View Post
Leah, dc2 was transverse for the LONGEST time. Then when she got too big for that, comfortably, she was OBLIQUE all the time. If she wasn't oblique, she was breech... Only rarely was she head down! And I never saw a doctor or midwife, and had her UC. She turned head down only about the last 3 weeks, so at about 40 weeks.
Thank you, that makes me feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmasEve
For me it was mental. Until I was honestly ready to have her out in the world and in our family, she wouldn't "assume the position!" It's quite common. Have you been experiencing any recent stresses or fears about adding another baby to the mix?
No, but I have certainly been enjoying not having contractions every other second! I was thinking maybe that's why I had preterm labor with Zachary- because he was engaged head down, ready to go from the very beginning. And this baby is nowhere near in position, so maybe this is a good thing!

Thanks, Meg.

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#28 of 97 Old 12-07-2006, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majazama View Post
Leah, you have lots of time before the baby will need to be head first. Are you going with a MW?
I am seeing the OB that delivered Zachary. She used to have her feet up by my ribs on the right, but for the past month or so she has been completely "sideways".

#29 of 97 Old 12-08-2006, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Leah, I don't think you should worry one bit! Rajani was sideways/head up (ish) til about 31-32 weeks. my midwife was not worried one bit and told me i shouldn't be either. if it makes you feel better to check out the spinning babies stuff, you should. hope that helps
#30 of 97 Old 12-08-2006, 12:33 AM

I usually only post here on MDC because I know I'll always get the answers I need from you ladies. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page