So when do they start to pay attetion to what they are doing???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-07-2003, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My five year old smoshed the cats head in the door, because he didn't see her trying to get in.
My 8 yaer old was making granola bars with me, and kept flicking the stuff all over the place, because she would turn away from the job to see what was going on else where.
This was today... but it happens alot. It drives me nuts. Am I expecting to much for them to watch what they are doing?
???????: ????????

HEATHERH

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#2 of 5 Old 05-07-2003, 07:43 AM

Hmm, maybe. They sound like the kind of things I would do quite often, and I am 38!

Keep being patient! Its worth it, in the end.
#3 of 5 Old 05-07-2003, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well I can say your 8 y.o. sounds like my 8 y.o. She leaves the bathroom light on, doesn't flush the toilet (and dribbles on the seat), leaves the yogurt cup and spoon on the floor where she was sitting, leaves the back door wide open when she lets the dog in. One thing that drove me nuts for a long time was that she'd take her shoes and socks off immediatly upon walking in the door from school. And I mean immediately, with little brother and me standing right behind her trying to go around her. She's not so bad at this anymore.

Ds, almost 4 years old, is in parent participation preschool. So I'm in his class one day a week. It's been educational, to say the least. I found that my son is quite normal and that yes, there is the occasional kid who's physical dexterity and ability to focus on the task at hand are above average. And I tend to focus on that exceptional child and wonder why my kid isn't as talented. : Only for a while. Then the extra talented kid demonstrates some weird, unique obsessive behavior and I'm back to appreciating my own for who he is!

Sorry, got of topic there.

Anyway, sounds like your kids are normal. Doesn't mean it doesn't bug you!

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#4 of 5 Old 05-07-2003, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Well thank goodness! And I think our daugters our twins!:

HEATHERH

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#5 of 5 Old 05-11-2003, 11:53 PM

mamaofthree

You make 'em clean up of course! Right?

a

The anti-Ezzo king

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page