Mothering Forum banner

3 year old - stomach flu?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  LoveMyLil'B 
#1 ·
My little guy has been sick since Tuesday. He vomitted at 5 p.m. and then 2 hours later and then another 2 hours later. Got up the next day and was fine until 7 p.m. when he vomitted again. He then got sick again and then slept until the next morning. That was yesterday. He just laid around all day, very irritable, and hot. Not a high fever. He slept for 3 hours. THen got up and got sick. Then he seemed fine. All night he was good. Today he woke up and seemed all better. We went for a walk, played, he ate a bit drank lots. Then he got sick again at 5 p.m. tonight and was hot again. He went to bed at 8 p.m. I did call telehealth and they said it was a stomach virus and no need to take him to the dr. Tomorrow will be day 5 and if he is doing the same thing I will take him to be checked out. Anyone else have any experiences like this?

#2 ·
dd had the flu for the better part of a week. fever of 105 for 2-3 days, then down about a degree a day after that. ate just about nothing all week. not too much vomiting. we just kept her hydrated and as comfortable as possible.
i hope he feels better soon!

we skipped the doctor- as long as she was hydrated, i felt it was better to just let it run its course & not freak her out going to the dr.

#3 ·
i agree about staying home unless some of the symptoms become a course for concern, becoming floppy and unresponsive, dehydration or fitting.

my 14 mo has a dnv bug right now and was awake a lot last night with a high temperature, she is very tired and just wants to cuddle, but seems to not be being sick anymore, it started yesterday so i figure she might be ok by monday (i hope)

i hope your little guy feels better soon too.

#4 ·
There is a nasty stomach virus running rampant at the moment. I've been working in our elementary school office the past few weeks and our absences have been around 20% due to this. Little kids come stumbling into the office constantly, vomiting and feverish. Our local news has been running stories - some area schools have 25% absent. Nasty stuff!

#5 ·
So sorry your son has been so sick! That sounds just miserable! I read on a homeschooling blog a couple weeks ago that the blogger's son had been throwing up almost a week with the stomach flu. I'd watch for dehydration. When I have a stomach bug, little sips of Gatorade always make me feel much better.

Hope he gets well ASAP!

#6 ·
My DS recently had a yucky bug like that. Started on a Friday night, puked all day Saturday, none Sunday, then once on Monday and once on Tuesday. It took a while to go away I guess.
We just offered Pedialyte during the major vomiting stage, and then just water pedialyte and a bland diet until he was well.

I hope your guy is feeling better now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.