potty learning woes... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 05-18-2003, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had it with wet pants. My dd (will be three in July) started wearing underwear about a month ago. She still wets them. I am happy she at least poops in the potty consistently. She will pee in it occasionally. I have been trying to be patient but it is getting on my nerves. Five hundred times a day I here "I pee!" and have to act cheerful and supportive and change her underwear, if we even have any clean. : So I am looking for some insperation. How do you encourage your kiddos to do their business in the potty???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-18-2003, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
not much help here really but just wanted to tell you this too shall pass. We changed hundreds of pair of wet panties and cleaned the carpet so many many times. we talked about accidents and ruining the carpet and how even our dogs don't pee pee on the floor and i smiled alot and hugged alot and praised alot when she did make it to the potty.
that was at about 24mos. at 28mos old she was doing better.. only having one accident a day or so.

by 30 months it was an accident once in a while and a diaper at night only.

now at 33 months she's not had a daytime accident this whole month and is night dry 4 out of 7 nights a week. (i'm still changing sheets a few nights a week cuz she refuses to wear anything but panties now).

potty learning is a process...sometimes it can take months and months. One thing we did to encourage her to pee in the bathroom was we bought a fish who lives in our bathroom now. She goes to "visit" him and talk to him while she pees. she "shows angel" how she can go potty in the toilet. Hey, worked for us . lol. I also had a potty chart for her for a while where she got a star if she peed in the potty , but it was too heartbreaking for all of us if she peed on the floor and didn't get a star so we stopped doing that. the chart did work for a friends son tho.

good luck mama....
#3 of 3 Old 05-20-2003, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Check the archives! Plenty there under ... Potty in every room.

Instructions on details of procedure can be found there.

Hope this helps

a

The anti-Ezzo king

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page