Movie question? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 02-15-2007, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenenlightened View Post
My DS is 3 and loves both of those movies. Of course, his favorite movie is Star Wars and the Harry Potter movies
He's weird when it comes to cartoony type movies. they scare him way more than noncartoony ones do. Example: he refuses to watch most of the Disney movies because they are "too scary and have bad guys" but he will watch the whole Harry potter movie and not even blink.
My dd also LOVES Star Wars and Harry Potter!
I think as long as you talk about how that stuff is not real there should not be a problem. They are made for kids to watch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 66 Old 02-22-2007, 02:42 PM

My DH always sits down with DS(three next month)and they make a movie night out of it sunggled on the coah with blankets and a new treat popcorn.
That way if they are any freaky parts DH just skips past them
Cars is his number one movie right now and has been for months. Curious George was a hit. Shrek. The Ice Age. The Polar Express.
He has watched Monsters but it was at some friend's home and he was distracted by new toys and younger so maybe not taking it all in.
Both DH and I agreed we do not need to be putting scary ideas about bedtime in his age so am avoiding that one for now.

He went to his first official movie at the theater in December) Charlotte's Webs and loved it it super impressed with the gros t.v. lol
The last movie he went to before that was at the Movie's for Mommies was Superman 2 and he was mostly just over a year.

We all watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a few weeks ago(the original one) and had to skip a few parts though. The actions itself are not scary it the music.
#63 of 66 Old 02-22-2007, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Monsters Inc was one of DS's favorites when he was around 3. He also loves The Incredibles and saw it when he was 4. We are not about sheltering our children at all but instead letting them choose what to watch and then discussing any questions/concerns they might have afterward. (Of course, we don't let them watch anything super-violent, gory, or extremely vulgar.)
#64 of 66 Old 02-22-2007, 05:33 PM

This is such a toughie. I can no longer predict what my 4 year old will find scary. She loves Finding Nemo and handles the beginning with no problems whastoever. However, she saw Happy Feet with dh a few weeks back and came home crying, saying it was a really scary movie (they had to leave early). Then she saw March of the Penguins and she handled the baby penguin dying without a twitch.

I let her watch Crocodile Hunter and she cried when Steve Irwin got bitten by a snake (she didn't want him to get hurt). Yet she walked in on dh and I watching a violent movie and asked nonchalantly why the men were beating up another man. Didn't phase her at all.

So keep in mind, it may be hard to figure out in advance what will or won't upset your child. As all the others have said, try to use your gut.
#65 of 66 Old 02-22-2007, 06:21 PM

My 3 year old isn't afraid of movies but I'm still careful of what she watches. I get mostly caillou, sesame street, winnie the pooh, dora, pbs cartoons, once a week I'll let her watch a disney like cinderella or something like that. I love watching snow dogs and ice princess with her. We watch snow dogs quite a bit. It's not a scary movie like most disney movies.
#66 of 66 Old 02-22-2007, 06:22 PM

Oh, I forgot to say, I don't think monsters inc is a scary movie. Not like most of the disney movies.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page