I'm so glad I saw this thread! I have a 2-mo and an almost 3-yo, so we're a bit younger here, but I'm always looking for new, creative ideas. Here are a few things we do, all are pretty obvious stuff though -
1. Paints. Watercolor and tempera. Last week I let her go to town and make a big mess making drippy paintings where she basically poured and splattered paint to her heart's content. Another idea is to cut out shapes from sponges and then fill squirt bottles with very watered down tempera. Put the shapes on the paper and spray the paint.
2. Silly music. We put on some fun, goofy music and run around. DD just loves picking out music to play so this is an easy one.
3. Indoor "camping". Make a tent with sheets and such. Play inside with flashlights or just read books.
4. Blocks. We use the blocks as props for other toys - making a farm or zoo for her animals or a garage for her cars or a village for her people. DD and I become props too - the cars or horses go up the mountain and slide down the back or tickle the tummy. DD is at the stage where she likes what she builds to stay put for a while.
5. Water play. We've been taking baths together. I let DD go through the kitchen and pick out new things to play with in the tub - old water bottles and things liked that. We put on some music and just play! Always a silly time, blowing bubbles in the water or pouring water on knees, backs, bellys and heads. DD loves dumping water on my head while I make a big show of what a shock it is. Cracks her up every time. She also plays in the kitchen sink while I am cooking.
6. Baking. I've just started doing this with DD. It's messy, but lots of fun. I have some great pix of DD with flour and stuff on her face, holding up a mixing spoon! If you're not into baking, you could make homemade playdough.
7. Hot dog or Taco. I roll DD up in a blanket or sheet and she's my hot dog or taco. I pretend to put on different toppings tickling her as I go and then I eat her up!
8. Pretend sleep. I pretend to sleep and she finds different ways of waking me up. It's great to see what she comes up with!
For craft ideas for older kids, check out http://kidscraftweekly.com/
She has really cute ideas and each week has a different theme.