Birthday games for 8 year old girl? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-19-2007, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone has any good birthday games for a bunch of 8 year old girls?

My neice is having a party and has told us that she just wants to stay in and play games. We know a few, but not a whole lot.

Any ideas?

Or any links to sites that have birthday games? The party will be inside but we can go across the street to the park as well.

Thank you in advance!
#2 of 8 Old 02-19-2007, 09:50 AM

My 8 yo and his friends love Twister!
What about staging a chess tournament?
That kid's Cranium game is pretty fun, or what about baking, sewing, knitting, cards? My son loves doing all those things and he loves them even more when we involve his peers...I could totally see doing something like that at a birthday party.

We usually just go bowling.

Molly, mama to my 3 sweet boys.
: : hale:
#3 of 8 Old 02-21-2007, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

any other ideas momma's?
#4 of 8 Old 02-21-2007, 02:38 PM

Here's a website with a good list:
http://www.partygamecentral.com/

My favorites were always musical chairs and pin the tail on the donkey.

Casey - Mama to Zola (10-20-07) and Felix (4-30-09)
#5 of 8 Old 02-21-2007, 10:35 PM

Didn't look at the website, but...
What about charades?
Twenty questions?
#6 of 8 Old 02-21-2007, 11:43 PM

Here's our few of our favorites:

Put a bunch of small items (hairclip, crayon, penny, ect) on a tray and let all the kids look at it for a minute. Then take it in the other room and remove a few items, then take it back and see if the kids can remember what's missing.

My Grandmother's Trunk: All the kids sit in a circle, first one starts by saying My Grandmother's Trunk has <something that starts with an A> in it. Next kid repeats what the previous kid says and adds something starting with the next letter in the alphabet, and on and on. "My Grandmother's trunk has an acorn, a bell, a candle, and a doll it in." ect.

Telephone: (I used to LOVE this game!) Kids all sit in a circle, one whispers something to the next kid, that kid whispers what she heard to the next, and so on until the last kid repeats out loud what she heard. It never turns out the same way as it started!

Treasure Hunt: Give the kids riddles to figure out together for clues leading them to and fro, have goody bags be the hidden treasure!

Doggie Doggie Where's Your Bone? One kid gets to be the 'doggie' and leaves the room or hides her eyes or whatever. One of the other kids puts the 'bone' which can be any old item behind her back. When the bone is hidden, they all say 'Doggie Doggie Where's Your Bone? signaling time for the 'doggie' to turn around and try to guess who has it.
#7 of 8 Old 02-23-2007, 12:44 AM

cranium, apples to applies
consider getting a beading kit so they can make bracelets?
#8 of 8 Old 02-23-2007, 02:38 PM

I only played this once, at a party when I was about 9, but since that was 30 years ago and I still remember it, it must be a good one!

The kids sit in a big circle. Each child gets a cup or bowl. Sprinkle a bag of cotton balls in the center of the circle. Each kid gets a turn: they get blindfolded, get a largeish spoon (like a serving spoon) then get 30 seconds to pick up cotton balls with the spoon and put them in their cup. They funny part is the cotton balls are so light you have no idea if you have one on the spoon, so you just have to scoop and dump, scoop and dump. It's funny to watch the others, and funny to realize you have NO idea if you have 50 cotton balls or none in your cup.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page