A sling for my dds - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-17-2002, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for a kid-sized sling. So far I have found one on Over-the-SHoulder-Baby site and one in Attachments catalog, about same price.

WOnder if anyone have used them and which one is better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-18-2002, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a kidsling from OTSBH. It is nice, has only one ring, more of a buckle so it is easy to pull the fabric through. Haven't seen the other, so can't compare.
#3 of 3 Old 02-18-2002, 01:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Maya Wrap also makes kidslings. If you want to make one they are pretty easy for a simple one.

Go to a fabric store and in thier odds and ends section you should be able tofind rings get some good think ones or metal.

Forl ittle kids (up to four) 1/3 yd of faric is enough. For older kids get a yard, cut in half and sew ends together to make it 18" wide and 108" long. Wrap aound and trim end untill it is the desired length.

For a maya wrap style sling sew a 1/ inch him around edge or serge. Fan fold end a slide rings on. fold fabric over about an inch and sew. DOne, just thread other end through rings and adjust.

For OTSBH style: Sew ends with 1/4" hem. fold fabric ove 1" to make casing and sew at bottom. fan fold ends and thread though rings. sew closed. Stuff poly-fil or dotton batting into casing to make the rails. Fan fold end and sew in long streight lines up to 4-6 incjes to make tail or leave unsewn (it is a doll sling. if the baby falls out no ne will sue you) Thread ends through loops ta-da.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page