Are Crocs worth the money? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 06-06-2007, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ended up buying 2 pairs of Crocs at a Stride Rite store for $29.95/ea. I was glad that I went to a "real" store b/c my ds tried on one pair of 10-11 and they were too small, but when he tried them in a different color, they were great. Strange. My ds got the new Pirates of the Caribbean (black ones) and dd got the pink ones.

In hindsight after I studied the Pirate ones, I don't think I would have let ds get them. They're evil w/the skull and swords on the ankle strap. Unfortunately he wore them out of the store and broke them in all afternoon. And adores them. Oh well....

Liz~A wife and homeschooling mother to two gifts from God!
#62 of 68 Old 06-06-2007, 01:42 AM

Hey Mamas! FYI..... Just wanted to let you guys know that I've been reading some of your posts and just simply : .............. but anyway, I took some advice that some Mamas gave regarding Airwalks being the same as Crocs and went to Payless today to get some for my dc only to find out that they have been RECALLED!! The lady said it was only the small sizes, so please be careful with your little guys!!! I decided to just order some Crocs over the internet instead......... just wanted to share the news!!!

Thanks!
#63 of 68 Old 06-06-2007, 11:09 AM

DD and I both have these Mary Janes and we love them! Totally worth it to me!

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
#64 of 68 Old 06-06-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithful Mommy View Post
Hey Mamas! FYI..... Just wanted to let you guys know that I've been reading some of your posts and just simply : .............. but anyway, I took some advice that some Mamas gave regarding Airwalks being the same as Crocs and went to Payless today to get some for my dc only to find out that they have been RECALLED!! The lady said it was only the small sizes, so please be careful with your little guys!!! I decided to just order some Crocs over the internet instead......... just wanted to share the news!!!

Thanks!
Thanks for posting that. My 3 yo has some Airwalks that sound like they have been recalled. The recall is that the plastic "rivet" that holds the back strap on can come off and is a choking hazard. http://www.payless.com/Notices/20070...*ProductRecall
#65 of 68 Old 06-06-2007, 06:21 PM

We've never tried the knock-offs, but I totally swear by the real deal Crocs. DS is a very busy 4 y/o and they're the only shoes he'll wear. He wore the very first pair I bought him (a year or so ago) every single day and they're still in great shape. As far as I'm concerned, they're worth every penny. I just hope he doesn't find out about the Pirate ones . . . .

Daughter since '68 ~Sister since '72 ~Wife since '97 ~ Mama since DS 5/03& DD 10/08
#66 of 68 Old 06-07-2007, 08:51 AM

I haven't read all the posts, but I do know crocs have a patented technology that prevents bacterial growth - hence no stink. They're not just plastic like the knock offs.
#67 of 68 Old 06-07-2007, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
real crocs are not working out so great for my dd1 just as i suspected. they're too wide and are making blisters on the top/side of her foot near the ankle. however the knock-off crocs sold under the carter's label that i bought for dd2 are fine. they're not as wide and fit her foot better. no blister trouble there.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#68 of 68 Old 06-07-2007, 07:47 PM

I have never tried the knock-offs, but I love the real crocs because you can just wipe them down with a baby wipe when they get dirty (which is often). They seem to be very comfortable, although kind of ugly, but who cares?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page