May '04 babes are growing up to be CHILDREN. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 268 Old 06-04-2007, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay, Heather, for healthy cute babies! So how far along are you now? Was this the regular 18-20-week ultrasound? Holy cow.

emmalola, hope your deadbeat husband changes his tune. I'm sure you've reminded him that it's at least 50% his fault...

My little late physical bloomer is getting oh so adventurous these days. She's climbing things on the playground she's never even noticed before, insisting on running full tilt downhill on the sidewalk, and adding scrapes and bruises to her knees daily. It's fun to watch, but a little nervewracking. I swear, she's hit her head more lately than she has since learning to walk.

I cannot believe we are leaving for ME in less than 2 weeks. Eeeeek! How am I going to do this?!

Sarah
#62 of 268 Old 06-04-2007, 02:05 PM

Congrats Jess and Welcomes Baby Ebin! LOVE the name! Pics are so cute! Love those brothers looking so much alike!

We went camping this weekend and had a pretty good time. Some drama among friends (there were 14 people total, including 5 kids), but all in all, it was fun.

Gotta go return mini van to rental place. Sooooo tired.
#63 of 268 Old 06-04-2007, 02:55 PM

Meg! so glad you had some fun!

Heather, not even a whisper about the sex?!?
#64 of 268 Old 06-04-2007, 06:27 PM

Nope, nary a whisper! We're not finding out, but even if I did peek I wouldn't tell! : Hb still in the 160's so I'm still guessing girl since all these pg's have been the same. Who knows! I thought E was a boy!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#65 of 268 Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

The only reason windows get washed around here (once or twice a year, whether they need it or not--ha ha ha) is because it's something we've been able to manage to do *with* the kids. Even so, the upstairs windows are filthy. It's much harder to clean *them* (involves a ladder, inside and out), which we *can't* do around the kids.

EL, I feel put out on your behalf. Why don't men get that pg is *not* easy? Serioiusly, all of them float along through our pgs not even thinking about the baby-to-come, and we are stuck being PREGNANT. Ack.

MCSB: that sounds like T to a t (heh heh). He was *so* careful when he was learning to walk and when he was a toddler. He smacked his head *much* more at 3 than when he was learning to walk, and got lots of scrapes etc that 3rd summer, just like Lily. (My advise: carry a tiny tube of your favorite ouchie goo and some bandaids with you whereever you go. It saved the day many times for us.) FWIW, he's going through another phase of being daring, and ack, some of the scrapes and bruises from the playground are *not* pretty.

I was thinking that Z was finally looking a little less skinny, but now he's looking twig-armed again. I think he also just went through a growth spurt, so hopefully, that's all that's going on. His ped wants me to do challenges with the foods we're avoiding with him (soy, dairy, and eggs), so I'm going to gear up to do that. Oh, how I'd love to feed him cheese and hard boiled eggs and so on... This morning, he wore a cowboy hat to the grocery store and carried a little blue purse. Pretty cute. :
#66 of 268 Old 06-05-2007, 12:42 AM

The cowboy hat and blue purse really makes me smile.

Sol today performed her new feat "mami, mira!" over and over--jumping off of high/tall things. Yeeeaaaah. We have a ledge that is about hip height, she jumped off of that . Another train climby toy that is about waist height too. Crazy girl. Luckily, not too many bumps or bruises although several waaaaah episodes per day are not unusual.
#67 of 268 Old 06-05-2007, 03:00 AM

as soon as we moved into 'shorts' season we moved into bloody knees season. you'd think eventually they would callous over

i sit and look at how dirty my windows are as the morning sun shines through

i can empathize with julia. i haven't pooped postpartum yet and i'm starting to freak about it. i think i need a big ol cup of real coffee tomorrow. this is not ok.

nursing this babe is so different than isaac (at least from what i remember). i'm going to see how his weight check is on wednesday. i'm not feeling like he's getting enough but maybe i'm thinking of how isaac would nurse for 40 mins of every hour at a month old. i can't remember how much he nursed the first week or so

yay for healthy ultrasounds. and you have my pregnancy sympathies (all of you pregnant mamas). because it IS hard. so is birthing. and it is so much harder when you have energetic little ones to chase on top of all the usual discomforts.
#68 of 268 Old 06-05-2007, 12:54 PM

i call morning goddess for today!

i have nothing else to say.

my mom and dad fly in late tonight to help celebrate marek's b-day this friday. they get to see crawling stefan live and in person again. still no teeth, but the dang gums are hugely swollen again.

must assist bill in locating his pants. why oh why can't the man find any of his stuff, like, evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr???

~c
#69 of 268 Old 06-05-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
must assist bill in locating his pants. why oh why can't the man find any of his stuff, like, evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr???
Oh, so completely do I relate to this. DH suffers from CantFindAnythingItis. DH: "Where's the peanut butter?" Me: "In the fridge, middle shelf, on the left behind the mayonnaise." DH: "I don't see it." Me: "Middle shelf?" DH: "Nope." Me: (interrupting at least three crucial and time-sensitive morning activites) "Right HERE, on the middle shelf, behind the mayonnaise." DH: "Well, it wasn't there when I looked." RIGHT. I had it up my sleeve the whole time

ugh jstar on the postpartum poo. Ethan was a big boy too (10 lbs 9oz) and I really felt bruised all over after his birth. Definitely wincing for the first few days, but not much more than that if I remember (which is increasingly doubtful).
#70 of 268 Old 06-05-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post

AH! AH! I know the answer! It's "Male Pattern Blindness", a common phenomenon to all men and especially married ones. Can't find the mayonnaise in the fridge when it's right in front of his face, can't find the baby's socks when they are where they always are, etc etc ad nauseum.

What I want to know, Lisa, is is this a male thing, or in lesbian couples does one woman do this one--thereby making it not a male thing, but a relationship thing?
#71 of 268 Old 06-05-2007, 06:18 PM

y'all must be having nicer weather than here since juice and i appear to be the only ones posting today.

i'm really sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy today.

~claudia

eta: oooh, wait, there's elsanne! x-posted
#72 of 268 Old 06-05-2007, 06:33 PM

I think it's a relationship thing. DH knows where stuff is in our relationship, mainly because he's the one home most of the time. Although it's confounded by the fact that we have both a nanny that comes over daily and a friend living with us, so half the time neither if us can find anything...:

I'm ready for this school thing to be over. My brain is moving on.

Thanks for the reassurance re: Lily's bonks and bruises. It is really a remarkable change in the last month or so. She is so much more fearless, yet still not completely able and dependable. She's also suddenly into eating meat and eggs and almost nothing else...I wonder if it's related??

Jstar, I must tell you: I told Lily that Isaac's baby brother was here, and she said, "Oh, so Isaac's mama hatched that baby out of her belly?"

S.
#73 of 268 Old 06-05-2007, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Yo, I'm here (nak, and trying to find a plumber). Does that mean I'm a loser? :

Now I see MCSB's post: maybe Lily's growing, too? I would imagine that if all of a sudden, you're half an inch taller (or your feet are bigger), you wouldn't necessarily know what to do with yourself. T had some nasty bonks that summer Z was born (I still remember)....
#74 of 268 Old 06-05-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post
Jstar, I must tell you: I told Lily that Isaac's baby brother was here, and she said, "Oh, so Isaac's mama hatched that baby out of her belly?"

S.
awwwww :

that's just about how it happened

ok. scabby nipples suck. i have superstrong letdown and it is freakin this babe out. he starts sputtering and tries to pull off to only nurse the very tips of my nipples. OWWWW. after he gets over the initial flow he's nursing well now. and peeing plenty. phew. he had another long dry spell yesterday and i was worrying again but then he had a brick dust pee. and seems to be really soakin dipes now. maybe his systems weren't totally working yet.

my systems are working!!! yahooty so much for decaf coffee. i *need* regular coffee. i am still so sore though. i can't remember how long this lasted with isaac.

ebin has a stinky cord stump. like peeeeeewwww. we go to the ped tomorrow but it is really pongy. and a little gooey. i'm wondering about giving it a little wipe with alcohol tonight. whatddya'll think?

isaac is in full throttle freakout mode now. throwing toys and screaming while i'm on the phone and all that good stuff. i think it is the combo of him not being used to being home so much (he gets house crazy). and of course the little creature who has invaded our lives i am really glad he is going to school tomorrow so he'll go have fun and have his normal 'routine'. he asked to go to school today. so i'm glad he'll get to go tomorrow!

i'm loving the help from my MIL. she has really different strengths than my mom and one of hers is to insist on watching baby and isaac while i go take a nap. which is soooooooo awesome and needed. my mom is more of a hand the baby over as soon as it squeaks. MIL finds ways to keep him happy (even without binky). we did the binky for one day and then i changed my mind because of his latch. i'm going to try again later. isaac never was a binky boy and sometimes i think it would be handy

my dh can find most things except whatever is 'supposed' to go in the junk drawer. like the garage key or the screwdrivers. then he freaks. 'look in the junk drawer' 'we need a designated place for these things to go' they are designated junk!!!
#75 of 268 Old 06-06-2007, 12:57 AM

Julia finally did it and it was the hugest poop ever.

I know you were wanting to hear that.

I don't know why she doesn't poop much ever, but usually I will realize she hasn't and give her chocolate prune flaxseed muffins.

Campin g was beautiful and the kids slept from 4 PM Saturday till 7 AM Sunday. They were so tired from being everywhere all the time. There were all sorts of families there that we knew (it was the preschool camping weekend) so they all had tons of friends around and the kids really stayed withing bounds of the group camp and played and the adults sat around or we explored the creek and stuff like that. It was actually very relaxing and fun. It is getting easier to go on vacation and stuff with these kids, but all of us cooped up in a hotel room makes me crazy.

The problem with electron diets and reading deprivation is that I kind of like it. It feels simpler and now I don't want to check my email. Or even do much of anything except read my book and go to bed HA!

I need to figure out the preschool teachers salary and email that out and go to bed.
nighty night
(jstar- I am glad that there was new baby news. congrats and I hope you poo soon and don't spend an hour and a half on the one toilet in the house making your older sister pee on the baby potty)
#76 of 268 Old 06-06-2007, 09:57 AM

jstar your MIL sounds like a great help.

Having a minor mama melodrama. Last night Allison was really fighting bedtime. She was up, whining and fussing, for almost an hour and a half after we put her to bed. Her sister was sound asleep within minutes. She must have gone to the bathroom 8 times during that hour and a half. I don't know if that was just a bedtime delay tactic, or whether she really felt the urge to go - at first I thought the former, but one of the times I went up there, I got her settled back in bed and I snuggled up with her, and she jumped up and said she needed to go again. So then I started worrying about a UTI. She did sleep well, and wasn't complaining this morning, but it's in my head and I'm stressing.

She was born with a kidney malformation, she was on abx for the first 6 months of her life, and she had surgery to remove an extra ureter and 1/3 of her right kidney when she was 6 months old. She hasn't had any problems since, and has never had a UTI, but with the history I'm just feeling all prickly.

She's at school, and I'm going over there for the moving-up ceremony in an hour and a half. I'll see how she's doing, ask her teacher if everything seems OK, and take it from there.

Els, I know you guys just went through a UTI - how did it start? Anybody else have any experience or insight? Based on the fact that she's not fevery and wasn't complaining this morning, I'm guessing this is all in my head. I just feel icky.
#77 of 268 Old 06-06-2007, 11:13 AM

Juice---with E's uti's the big tipoff was she started refusing food and retching/gagging while she was eating. That usually progressed to vomiting. Once she had a higher fever, but the others were just around 100. Not sure if she'll appreciate it, but you can also peek to see if the urethral area looks more reddish. If there is anyway you can catch some pee in a clear container, E's uti samples were always cloudy. Hope it's not!

#78 of 268 Old 06-06-2007, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Jacqueline, yea for poop. It's good to hear how great your camping trip was. We're trying to get geared up for Yellowstone. It's too late for camping reservations, but there are several campgrounds which are first come, first serve (sounds a little scary, no?). But the boys REALLY REALLY want to go, so I guess we will.

Juice, sorry about the pee worries. T has a funky ureter on one kidney, and whenever his peeing pattern is off or he complains of pain in the area, I start the mama worry train up. Hopefully it was nothing...

Heather, I *love* the hippo pic!

Z was *so* cranky this morning, and right now, he's asleep. It seems like he's been a little under the weather recently. Poor guy. Well, L is finally awake, so off I go. I'm trying to work on chore lists for the kids... wish me luck.
#79 of 268 Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 PM

Thanks KK and Heath. I think things are OK - I was at school earlier, and her teachers said she was acting normal, and hadn't been to the bathroom an unusual number of times. She hasn't complained of anything, so I'm hoping this was just a Bedtime Avoidance Tactic. It's just tough, because with the history I really wouldn't want to wait at all (honestly I'd do the abx without a moment's hesitation in this case) but I also do not want to haul her to the doctor over a bedtime avoidance tactic.
#80 of 268 Old 06-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Thanks KK and Heath. I think things are OK - I was at school earlier, and her teachers said she was acting normal, and hadn't been to the bathroom an unusual number of times. She hasn't complained of anything, so I'm hoping this was just a Bedtime Avoidance Tactic. It's just tough, because with the history I really wouldn't want to wait at all (honestly I'd do the abx without a moment's hesitation in this case) but I also do not want to haul her to the doctor over a bedtime avoidance tactic.

Hoping this still holds true today/tonight...I'm glad she seems to be all-good!
#81 of 268 Old 06-06-2007, 08:44 PM

So I went to the chiropractor today and was wholly dissatisfied. He originally was treating me for migraines, but I don't typically get migraines when I'm pregnant, so he's just been doing maintenance work. So today I went in complaining of pubic symphysis pain and shoulder pain. He did a great adjustment on my neck, but totally ignored my shoulder pain. Then he gave me this whole story about how he didn't want to adjust my pelvis while I was pregnant. I didn't want to push him, but I know that chiropractic care is one of the few things that people say actually helps with pubic symphysis pain. So now I'm considering getting a new chiro, but he's the only one who practices my particular flavor of chiropractic in town (gonstead). Any suggestions?
#82 of 268 Old 06-06-2007, 09:05 PM

maybe look on icpa4kids.org?? I guess figuring if they're certified/trained for kiddos they might be more up on pg ailments??

#83 of 268 Old 06-06-2007, 10:24 PM

aw, EL, an unsatisfying chiro visit is the pits. I have to say, I am pretty shocked that he wouldn't adjust your pelvis - pelvic alignment is one of the MAIN things you need during pregnancy and birth. So that's a little strange to me. If you're really considering changing providers, I can help you find someone, if you'd like.
#84 of 268 Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 PM

Oh, Miss Juice, I would love some help. I don't want to dump this guy, but the more I think about it the more I feel like I'm wasting a lot of money on bogus adjustments. He does this one thing where he says he's doing an adjustment and says "got it!" when the table creaks, but I'm not entirely sure he's actually done anything. And this is for $40.00 a visit! Let's talk.
#85 of 268 Old 06-07-2007, 12:33 AM

ITA. That's basically all my chiro did for me while preggo. Although mine was sacroiliac joint stuff. Owie.

I had a minor stress attack this evening. Sigh. So not looking forward to the next week.

Call tomorrow. G'night.

S.
#86 of 268 Old 06-07-2007, 01:12 AM

Camping with no reservation does sound scary, but these things have a way of working out if you let them.

The BAT around here tonight was "Mom how do you spell Jello?". Yeah right, like you would get some.

Juice, I am sorry to hear about your worries, but maybe you can ask her if it hurts. I actually have cloudy pee a lot so I don't know if that is a true indicator, but it could be an adult/child thing too.

I have been totally lame about Julia's bthday party and I feel guilty. I invited people with an email, and I have no energy to do anything else. We are going to the zoo, and then I am doing a stuffed animal exchange instead of having people bring her gifts since she got lots from us. Plus then I dont have to give out a bunch of plastic carp which will clutter up other houses. I don't know how this will go over but we shall see. Meanwhile Naomi has her Ballet recital on Saturday too and we will be spending most of the day driving to it and hanging out while they get ready. To see her for probably 3 minutes.

Well, I don't think Julia actually noticed she is getting shortchanged. so I will stop worrying about it.
#87 of 268 Old 06-07-2007, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
What I want to know, Lisa, is is this a male thing, or in lesbian couples does one woman do this one--thereby making it not a male thing, but a relationship thing?
I think it is basically a relationship thing based on the fact that it is not possible for two people who live together to both know everything there is to know - there has to be a division of labor somehow and I suspect it is less likely to be unfairly divided when both parties think that the workload should be more or less equal and there is some basic agreement about what constitutes work.

MCSarahBEE - we should talk soon. I never called you after the midwifery today conference, and now you've been to another of the nurse midwifery type...when is a good time?

My dad is in the hospital again. It's okay in that I am at peace about it at the moment. He signed a DNR order and I have to say that oddly that is reassuring.

Eleanor has a 12" bike we got her for her birthday and she is ace. There is nothing that she can't do now!

Gotta go hang with Alison in the few moments before we go to sleep. It's been : : : around here.

love to the may mamas and the big kids!
#88 of 268 Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
MCSarahBEE - we should talk soon. I never called you after the midwifery today conference, and now you've been to another of the nurse midwifery type...when is a good time?
I would love to chat. I will be quite frantic from now until Tuesday at about 2 pm. But after that should be good. My number's on the YG.

What's a 12" bike?

I'm sorry your dad's in the hospital, but glad you're at peace with it. It is so hard, these things.

Nugget - I always worry about Lily feeling hurt and she never even notices anything like that. I think we could have just sung her "Happy Birthday" and she would have been happy. Maybe demanded one cupcake or something, but that's it.

Sarah
#89 of 268 Old 06-07-2007, 09:45 AM

Arg!!! I'm here!
(I'm queer, get used to it! Um, ahem...sorry. )

I'm not the best company this week, AF has arrived and taken my sanity, patience and pain management away with it! *growl*
My stomach hurts, I have many digestive issues, I am bleeding like a stuck pig (sorry for the imagery), and DAMN, the cramps!
I am also dealing with residual emotional repercussions with weaning. More on that, perhaps, in the YG.
Now, back to the
UGH. This sucks.

Love to you all though. I will read and catch up in my silence.

#90 of 268 Old 06-07-2007, 11:36 AM

I'm so glad our Morning Goddess is back! I've missed you, Renae. I know you've been in here and there, but not enough, girl, not enough. I have post-weaning emotional stuff, too, Renae. We should have a YG chat.

I'm sitting here drinking my coffee out of a Denny's mug.

Have a good day, all ya'lls.

Sarah

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page