Kids say the FUNNIEST things!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 102 Old 04-18-2008, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We passed an art center with a banner outside depicting silhouettes of movie cameras on tripods. EnviroKid saw them as hammers.

"Look, Mama, they're going to have a Hammer Festival! I want to go!"

"Oh? What do they do at the Hammer Festival?"

"Well, they serve yummy pancakes. And everyone gets a hammer, of course, and we go around looking at the paintings on the walls. If we don't like the painting, we hit it with our hammer. After the Hammer Festival, they throw away the paintings with the most hammerings and keep the other ones."

Pancakes?

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#62 of 102 Old 04-18-2008, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnviroBecca View Post
We passed an art center with a banner outside depicting silhouettes of movie cameras on tripods. EnviroKid saw them as hammers.

"Look, Mama, they're going to have a Hammer Festival! I want to go!"

"Oh? What do they do at the Hammer Festival?"

"Well, they serve yummy pancakes. And everyone gets a hammer, of course, and we go around looking at the paintings on the walls. If we don't like the painting, we hit it with our hammer. After the Hammer Festival, they throw away the paintings with the most hammerings and keep the other ones."

Pancakes?

:

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

#63 of 102 Old 04-18-2008, 08:14 PM

These are some of my favorites, collected throughout my life:

From my dd:
At two, one of her favorite things to play was doctor. She'd drag her little doctor kit into the room and announce, "Okay, mama -- I be the doctor and you be the pavement (patient).".
I also came into the living room once to find all of her Dandles rag dollies in a big pile on the floor, with her jumping around in the middle of them. When I asked her what she was doing she replied, "I'm splashing in a puddle of dolls.".

When she was 3, we were at the bookstore one day when she started wandering away from me. When I called for her to come back, she deliberately ignored me and just continued along her merry way. Finally I called out to her to put on her listening ears. From over her shoulder she called back, "I can't hear you. My listening ears are broken.". When I then called out that I was putting the book back that she wanted, she came running back yelling, "Don't Mommy! They're fixed! They're fixed!".
She also has a friend named Domenic who's name she has never been able to get right. One night, she was up sick with some sort of intestinal bug. I heard her whimpering and went into her room and asked her what was wrong. Her response was, "Mama, get the bucket. I think I'm gonna vomenic.".

My other favorites:
When my mother was pregnant with me, her next-door neighbor's daughter, Sandy, was 4. One day, my mother came out of the house and Sandy began eyeing my mother rather suspiciously. Finally, she sidled over to her mother and announced, "Mom, Marie is getting fat.". Her mother replied, "She's not fat, Sandy; she has a baby in there." Sandy then asked what the baby was doing in Marie's tummy, to which her mother replied, "It's sleeping." Sandy's eyes got real wide and then she said, "She's got a crib in there, too?"

One day, my mother and brother were on a bus with a woman who was nursing her baby. My brother wanted to know what she was doing. My mother explained that women use their breasts to feed their babies. (My brother and I are my mother's only children.) My brother stared at her two breasts for a minute and then asked, "Which one was mine?".
#64 of 102 Old 04-20-2008, 12:26 AM

These are priceless

Every day there is something with my guy. Here's one of my faves:

"Mommy, what's a girl-guy?"
I'm freaked, I ask "where did you hear that?"
"Gramma"
I'm freaked more. "When did she tell you that?"
"When she sent me girl-guy cookies"
Girl Guide Cookies

Another:

Max is crabby.
He says " I'm so crabby that when I see someone I just want to say 'Oh, hi, how are you NOT doing?"
I guess it's his way of being mean.

Life is funny with a 4 year old.
#65 of 102 Old 04-20-2008, 01:25 AM

Walking in a department store we went past some lingerie. My then 3 yr old started saying very loudly, "look at all the mommy milks" (his term for bra). He then stopped to carress this silky hot pink bra and say even louder, "mom this one is so soft and nice, you should buy it!"

a old man watching us with interest could hardly contain his laughter.I just said, "oh, yes that is a nice one...come on now time to go!"
#66 of 102 Old 04-20-2008, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMommy View Post

He says " I'm so crabby that when I see someone I just want to say 'Oh, hi, how are you NOT doing?"

Decluttering 500/2010
#67 of 102 Old 04-20-2008, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn's babies View Post
Walking in a department store we went past some lingerie. My then 3 yr old started saying very loudly, "look at all the mommy milks" (his term for bra). He then stopped to carress this silky hot pink bra and say even louder, "mom this one is so soft and nice, you should buy it!"

a old man watching us with interest could hardly contain his laughter.I just said, "oh, yes that is a nice one...come on now time to go!"
dd LOVES to go into the langeray ( I know that is spelled wrong, but I have had 2 white russians and can't figure it out) store and puic out the littlest frilliest nighties and hold them up and ooh and ahh over them loudly. They are all just 'sooo pretty'

Decluttering 500/2010
#68 of 102 Old 04-20-2008, 09:36 PM

To her Daddy: "You have a good sense of human Daddy"

Why do you have a modem in your car? (Motor...)

I made a delicious Stew-dent to eat...we hope she meant stew!

In the pool: Help I'm shrinking, I'm shrinking...

To her Mummy: You are a nice little woman, Anna....

At the State Capitol : Look its a PALACE!

Who stole my signature!
#69 of 102 Old 04-21-2008, 01:27 AM

My best friend was in a restaurant with her daughter, who was 6 at the time. She told her daughter to slow down on her milk or she wouldn't have room when her dinner came. After 4 times of telling her, her daughter looked at her and said loudly "I'm sorry, I have a drinking problem!" Priceless.

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#70 of 102 Old 04-21-2008, 07:50 PM

I was visiting a friend in NH last week. I called home and was talking to my 4 year old, Savanna, on the phone. She was telling me about a boo-boo she got on her foot. It went something like this:

Savanna: "I got a boo-boo on my tootsie."

Me: "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. How did you get the boo-boo?"

Savanna: "I stepped on a polly pocket chair and it made me bleed."

Me: "Yeah, that's why Mommy tells you to put the Polly Pockets away when you're done with them. It hurts to step on them, huh?"

Silence........

BANG, phone falls to the floor.....

I hear Daddy say, "Where you going, Savanna?"

Savanna yells back while running up the stairs, "I have to go pick up my Polly Pockets before Mommy gets home!!!!!"

Becca ~Mama to 3 (DD - 1/3/02) (DD - 2/16/04) (DS - 8/11/05)
#71 of 102 Old 04-23-2008, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

OMG these are great!

I saw a whole swack of family I haven't seen for years recently. My cousin, who is 5 came running into the room with an old nintendo gun. Her little sister, who is 2 followed her. Older cousin says to her little sister "open your mouth" ... pause while she opens her mouth. Then "bang, bang.. I just killed you in your mouth"

We were in the hotel and my hubby started to wake up our 4 year old so we could meet everyone downstairs for breakfast. She grunts, pulls at the blanket (she is NOT a morning person). She doesn't appear to be waking up, so my hubby says "Ok, well I guess I'll just leave Georgia here while I go downstairs and have some breakfast with everyone" She flings the blankets off herself and says "OK OK.. jeez Dad! Why'd you DO THAT??!?! You go downstairs for food, and WAKE ME UP EVEN! FINE! I'll go then! Grr.. I can't believe you woke me up even"

#72 of 102 Old 04-23-2008, 02:47 PM

When my brother was 3, he was sitting in his high chair and asking for a glass of milk. He was usually so mild-mannered, but apparently got exasperated at not getting a response quickly enough, so he yelled "Mom, bring me some milk NOW or I'll glue your ear to the floor!" We all burst out laughing. I have no idea where he go this idea! I guess it was the worst threat he could think of!

My youngest brother had recently been learning the 10 Commandments in school when he had a bowl of tapioca pudding for dessert one night. He didn't like it, and expressed this by saying, "Mom, this pudding tastes like False Witness!"
#73 of 102 Old 04-23-2008, 03:48 PM

Dd is 2.5 and finally starting to say funny things! I love it! When she sings "Row your boat," she talks about going gently down the screen.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#74 of 102 Old 04-28-2008, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

We have about 13 baby guppies in our tank. Nothing else because they're too small and would be eaten. Georgia was standing in front of the tank watching them the other day and they all swam right to the front and kinda grouped in front of her.

She was thrilled! She said, "Look at the babies mama!"

I said, "Aw, thats so cute, they love you"

She said, "Yeah, they do. Everyone in the world loves me"

of course they do!
#75 of 102 Old 06-04-2008, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Georgia, my 4.5 year old, was in the livingroom pouting because I have to exchange some clothes I got her that are too big. She was yelling at me even tho I explained that I'm just going to return them to get ones that fit her better, she was still giving me tons of attitude. So I sent her to her room. I got distracted with one of my other daughters and a few mins later, noticed that George had not gone to her room.

I said, "Georgia, what are you doing in here? I sent you to your room"
To which she replied, "But mama, I was going to be sorry!"

Edit: I just reread the thread and realized that I KEEP saying that GEORGIA is my 4.5 year old daughter.. lol...

Ye gods.. these are making me laugh so hard!!!
#76 of 102 Old 06-04-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkMtnsMama View Post
"...this pudding tastes like False Witness!"

"If you only knew how many things I want to say and don't, you'd give me some credit."
#77 of 102 Old 06-04-2008, 06:39 PM

These are great! I needed this laugh today!!

Here's mine:

Dd1, 3.5, pointing to a box on the counter: What are those?
Me: Those are cookies.
Dd: What kind of cookies?
Me: Girl Scout Cookies.
Dd: Oh. That's a kind of cookie. (pause) Do they have Girl Scouts in them?

Dd1 also loves words, and often picks up on words we use a lot - and uses them largely in context too. Apparently and directly are two favorites, for some reason. One day when she couldn't have been more than two or two and a half, before she was potty learned, she walked up to me and said, "well, apparently, I pooped." When I stopped laughing I changed her.

Despite her extensive vocabulary, though, pronunciation of certain words is still beyond her. We go to see "aminals" at the zoo, we eat "psgetti" for dinner, and eat "breaktest" every morning. Oh, and we recently bought her a "maglifying glass."

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#78 of 102 Old 06-04-2008, 09:27 PM

I explained to DD today where garbage goes when the garbage truck takes it away. (She asked.)

"Then I don't want to go to the landfill! Does the landfill take up a WHOLE STATE???"

Also, she asked me the other day why hot dogs are called hot dogs. I said that maybe people think they look sort of like long, skinny dogs.

"No, I think it must be because they're made out of dogs. Dead dogs. Out of dead dogs' tails." She was totally serious and calm about this. (This is funnier because we're vegetarians, and in our house hot dogs are made of tofu!)

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

#79 of 102 Old 06-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Got lots of laughs from this thread - thanks!!

There is a church we sometimes pass with a really big steeple. DS2 used to always say, "Mom! Mom! I saw the rocket ship!"

For a while DS2 used to add -y on the end of any words he was feeling lovey about, like brothery, booky, pillowy, littly trucky, etc. The -y has stayed on a few of his words -- he still always says "each othery."

And today's anatomy announcement: "Boys have pen*ses and girls have pajamas!"
#80 of 102 Old 06-08-2008, 02:13 PM

Some recent gems from my 3.5yo dd:

Daddy had just left to run an errand and as we heard the garage door shut she throws casually over her shoulder, "We'll never see HIM again." Her older sis and I cracked up, then I immediately felt really guilty because what if she was right?? He came home safely.

She was eating at the table and asked for more of something. I was busy and didn't respond immediately. I hear, "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, nine, fourteen, sixteen, twelve, eleven, three, two, five...!" Counting at me worked about as well as when I try it on her.

And her anatomy proclamation - "All girls have baginas and all boys have penisees!"

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

#81 of 102 Old 06-08-2008, 11:04 PM

OMG this thread is hilarious!

so I have a few with my 3 year old ds.

We're at the movie theater for the first time with ds, dh and me. dh brings 'treats' (popcorn, drinks) for each of us.

Ds: what's that? (pointing at his drink)

DH: apple juice.

DS: oh, (points at dh's drink) what's that?

DH: that's a 'daddy drink' (coke).

DS: *loudly* is it BEER?

Then, when I pulled down his pants to help him change into pj's I smelled something funky and said "did you toot?"

He looks back at his butt like it's something not attached to him and scrunches up his face and says

"ooh, that smells like diarrhea"
#82 of 102 Old 06-08-2008, 11:38 PM

I was new at PG movie screening. I let my then 2& 4 yo watch The Princess Bride. They spent the next WEEEK screaming 'prepare to DIE!!!' at eat other and laughing hysterically, including in public.:

Heather, mama to Harriet, Crispin, in with Tom and 2
#83 of 102 Old 06-08-2008, 11:41 PM

Dh took my mom and our girls to a friend's daughter's party yesterday morning (I had to go to a meeting for dd's preschool - long story). Anyway, they get home and dh lets me know that the girls have some coffee on their clothes because Granny underestimated dd2's reach and left the coffee where she could tip it over. Then dd1 comes up and tells me, basically the same story. "And," she concludes, "that's why you can't give babies coffee."

Oh, so THAT's why. I had wondered.

Then today she was helping me make dinner and was peeling garlic. She asked for a bowl to put the garlic in, wanting the small french white bowls with the ridges on the outside that I usually hand her on such an occasion, so she asks, "could you hand me one of those white bowls with the nipples on it?"

Well sure, honey. (The really funny thing, I suppose, is that I immediately knew exactly what she was talking about!)

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#84 of 102 Old 06-08-2008, 11:48 PM

What a cute thread!
#85 of 102 Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Banned

Last sunday morning with DS, 3.5 years

DS: Mommy, turn on the tv
Me: Not today, baby
Ds: Why not?
Me: Because it's Sunday, baby. No kids shows on Sunday mornings.
DS: Well, then, I wanna watch a moomee.
Me: (getting a little aggravated now) Not today, son
DS: WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
Me: (exasperated) Because I want some peace and QUIET!

*insert long, thoughtful pause*

DS: Me NO want piece of quiet! Me want piece of LOUD!
#86 of 102 Old 06-09-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliacat View Post
Dd is 2.5 and finally starting to say funny things! I love it! When she sings "Row your boat," she talks about going gently down the screen.
When dd was little she always loved your typical 18-25 yo male music So whenever Metallica would come on she'd be in her car set just flailing and shaking her chubby head all fully of sweet girly curls. My now x dh is ***really*** into industrial stuff with lots of ummm throaty voices.

dd starts preschool at a Montessori. We're driving in the car and she's back there stomping her feet, beating her fists back and forth on the arm rests with her face all scrunched down and hard singing in this huge gravely voice 'the itsy bitsy spider' and she gets to the 'DOWN CAME THE RAIN AND WASHED THE SPIDER OUT!' and we just started laughing so hard I had so many tears rolling I could hardly drive!...The goth queen at 2!

Heather, mama to Harriet, Crispin, in with Tom and 2
#87 of 102 Old 06-09-2008, 08:28 AM

This thread is too funny!!

The other day Alex (4) was keeping me company in the bathroom (am I ever going to get to go to the toilet in private again??) when he declared that he thinks 'scrotums are more beautiful than vaginas'!!

Often when he sings the A,B,C song when he gets to 'P' he sings 'Poop!' instead and cracks up laughing.

#88 of 102 Old 06-09-2008, 08:40 AM

My 3 yo DD makes a lot of fun projects in her "Arts and Craps" class.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#89 of 102 Old 06-10-2008, 11:50 AM

I got a carseat for the baby with the pattern of Classic Pooh on the fabric. DD saw it and started jumping up and down with excitement.

"Winnie and the Poop! Winnie and the Poop!" she was yelling.

She's also gotten in the habit of refusing something on her dinner plate by using the excuse that it's too SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIICY. She draws it out just like that, with this very serious look on her face. It's hilarious.

Also anything that's crumpled, such as paper or a wrinkled shirt or something, is "squeezy" and that means it's ruined.

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

#90 of 102 Old 06-10-2008, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I know an alternative sort of family whose 3-year-old has a Mohawk. He and his mom were in Trader Joe's when a clerk complimented him on his hairstyle. He responded, "I'ma show you how a playa git dowwwn!" His mom has no idea where he learned that line!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page