*~*Ah! July '07 for the May '04 kiddos! Whoah!*~* - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 281 Old 07-14-2007, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Danile that mei tai sounds AWESOME!!!

I STILL feel different, "down there", and feel like I need to constantly be doing kegels. After about 8 months I stopped peeing every time I sneezed or coughed. I have to wonder how our foremothers did this with like 6 or 8 children. Were pessaries a common thing?

Jstar, send emmalola the skirt. I think it will fit her. I've seen her body pre-belly and I've seen yours in pics.

Renae you rock on sistah, enjoy your brother to the best of your ability.

At this moment, I have a baby chick in my cleavage. there is a large gap there that fits a baby chick, the last of ten of the latest shipment Viet keeps bringing. He is lonely and loves it there. We still have two from way back when, but they are big like chickens now.
#122 of 281 Old 07-14-2007, 12:33 AM

A baby chick in your cleavage.. you always crack me up elsanne!
#123 of 281 Old 07-14-2007, 01:05 AM

:
"Para servirle", as they say down here. Roughly translated: "At your service, ma'am"

Snug as a bug in a rug, this one!
#124 of 281 Old 07-14-2007, 09:01 AM

danile, I have that very Mei Tai from babyhawk - it is gorgeous!!! I love it so much. I used it all the time when Ethan was new - he was big (10lbs 9oz) and the newborn front carry in the MT was just the best thing in the world.

Chicks in your cleavage... giving new life to the word "peeps"
#125 of 281 Old 07-14-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post

Chicks in your cleavage... giving new life to the word "peeps"
BWA HA HA HA!!!
#126 of 281 Old 07-14-2007, 02:49 PM

Really? I really wanted to like a kozy... but I just couldn't find a fabric pattern that I liked that I felt was gender neutral... I loved the green dragonfly pattern also... but decided on red.
#127 of 281 Old 07-14-2007, 04:26 PM

Ug, mil visiting. After a good visit or two (since dh gave her the big "you drive us crazy/don't talk about religion" talk last summer), she dropped one of her old conversational bombs on me yesterday morning (yes, about religion). I politely but firmly told her off then, and there's more that I want to say, and most likely will. I've been simmering ever since... basically I just want to let her know how much these bombs turn me off for her visiting. Supposedly, she wants to be closer to me, but she can't have it both ways. That's all for now. I'm being antisocial by being at the computer.
#128 of 281 Old 07-15-2007, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

I have to leave for church in about 2.5 seconds, but I just had to about the peep in Els' cleavage! That is SO cute!!!
One of my friends out here just got chickens, I have to take Rowan out there to see 'em.

Okay, more later, I am off to church. ALONE. : Rowan is afraid of the church ladies, Armand (!!) won't go, and DH has to stay here with them because I don't think I feel comfortable leaving Rowan alone with my brother for very long. Dysfunctional family history and all; my family is known for stealing kids away if they percieve that the mom is "unfit"...I'll explain THAT later.
I'm probably being overly paranoid but hey.

Have a great day everymama. I'll be back (because computers are my favorite way of being antisocial too! )
#129 of 281 Old 07-16-2007, 03:31 AM

back from coast weekend and it was oh so much fun. marek even ran around on the beach with bare feet. : from us because he is definitely mr. sensory-overload.

and we are considering buying a beach house. like seriously. together with my parents, but like seriously, seriously considering doing it. actually looked at two awesome possibilities this morning. tomorrow will involved lots of phone calls: to our mortgage brokers, our financial advisor, my good friend who just went through major real estate heckola when purchasing their house and then trying to sell their other one for close to 9 months and firing two sets of realtors over that fiasco, and more phone calls to my mom to see how we could really do this. exciting but scary. don't hate me if we do buy it. you can come visit, but it will be squeezy because it is just a small house. but the town is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cute and there is a delicious bakery that makes homemade cinnamon rolls and cardamom rolls and orange rolls and blueberry cream cheese rolls and lemon poppyseed rolls and i am hungry just typing that.)

too excited to sleep...

need a snack.

~claudia
#130 of 281 Old 07-16-2007, 06:47 AM

Claudia---how very exciting!! I fantasize about buying a 2nd place in Maine all the time! (sherri 4-11th this year and same week next so mark your calendar!)

Up way too early again. Can I temporarily be goddess of the morning until Renae wakes up?? :

What a weekend, what a week ahead. blah. Before I forget, E's follow-up vcug is next Monday (23rd) so I'm hoping it brings good news. She has gotten so tall so hopefully those dang ureters will have grown/changed as well. Everything crossed!

okay...off to check some blogs and see if I can get back to sleep....

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#131 of 281 Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM

Heather, I think anyone up at that hour deserves to be morning goddess!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post

and we are considering buying a beach house. like seriously. together with my parents, exciting but scary. don't hate me if we do buy it. you can come visit, but it will be squeezy because it is just a small house. but the town is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cute and there is a delicious bakery that makes homemade cinnamon rolls and cardamom rolls and orange rolls and blueberry cream cheese rolls and lemon poppyseed rolls and i am hungry just typing that.)

~claudia
That is MEGA exciting, Claudia! Why would we hate you for purchasing a family vacation home with your parents? I mean, come on! Who wouldn't do it??? I think it's great. What town is it? My friend did exactly the same thing with her in laws, and they love it. It's in ... oh.. shoot. Forgot the name of the cute little town.
#132 of 281 Old 07-16-2007, 11:07 AM

I would LOVE a beach house claudia! Congrats if you find one to your liking! The rolls just made me STARVING for something.
#133 of 281 Old 07-16-2007, 11:20 AM

Hey gals...
Anyone up for a little planetary healing? Check out www.firethegrid.com

Tomorrow at 6.11 am my time...worth setting my alarm for! I'm gonna do it!
#134 of 281 Old 07-16-2007, 12:38 PM

claudia - that's awesome! and funny. i told doug about your family's trip to the coast this weekend. and i said 'we don't even know anyone with a beach house!' well maybe we will know someone with a beach house soon and very cool about marek barefoot in the sand!

seriously though it would be a lot of fun for you to have a getaway place. my family bought a cabin when i was about 8 and even though we moved all over the world we always had that cabin and always went there. mega great childhood memories. they sold that one and just finished building a new one a block away for their retirement home. we're going in august to spend a week there and i can't wait. i feel like a kid again and have this serious peaceful spiritual rejuvination when i go there. it is really the exact opposite of where i live....craggy massive dry mountains. very ansel adams (eastern sierra)

mom is gone and we had a good relaxing family day yesterday. i even got some ME time when both boys napped and doug went to lunch. i started ebin's scrapbook. i haven't made any pages for isaac's since his first birthday party i'm a little behind! so i even organized some of his photos and crafts

poor doug has been working his a$$ off. i think he's worked every saturday since ebin was born and he's stressed because all these jobs are happening at once. we miss him! my mom was making coffee for doug every morning before work and then remaking me some 1/2 decaf coffee a couple of hours later. and she told me i need to set up his coffee every night because he's working so hard. so it is my new resolution (being a newly sahm and all). and i know she'll call and check on me : 50s housewife retraining camp!

gotta
#135 of 281 Old 07-16-2007, 12:50 PM

jstar: moms and their 50s housewife retraining camps...

on the possible beach house/hating thing: just like people who struggle with money sometimes feel guilty for talking about their money difficulties, i sometimes feel guilty for NOT having those difficulties when so many people i know DO have those money issues. it's like a divide between friends. i'm not even comfortable talking about this possibility of us buying the house with the portland/pdx tribe here on mdc which is my other home on the web/in real life because i know almost all the people and a good dozen of them are in okay but not great financial circumstances (like living paycheck to paycheck). i don't want to make people feel bad, i guess, so that's why i said don't hate me. but i know you all wouldn't really.

okay, must finish brekkie now.

mmf!

~claudia
#136 of 281 Old 07-16-2007, 01:27 PM

TC that's so exciting. Someday we would like to have a spot like that also. I hear you on the money thing - it can be such a divider. We're in a strange situation there - we make a decent income on paper, but once you factor in student loans (bigger than our mortgage), preschool, etc... it's like living paycheck to paycheck. But gradually the debt goes down, so someday...

Heath, NO ONE should be awake at that hour. Not even a morning goddess! Did E have reflux issues? Thinking good thoughts for both of your girls.

KK I'm sorry about the MIL sitch. How'd the weekend go? Just give her a :hag and a piece of your mind

Ethan appears to be trying to change his own diaper. I think that means I should go.
#137 of 281 Old 07-16-2007, 01:48 PM

I might just have to change my title to morning goddess then! :

Juice--yup she has/had 2/3 reflux so I'm hoping it's resolved or getting there.

Claudia---I totally get what you're saying. DH and I have a hard time talking about things like getting our bathroom remodeled and we're also getting a new minivan (like maybe tonight! or this week!) and have family who have or come close to filing bankruptcy. But anyway....it would be an awesome thing for your family/friends to have a gathering place.

Seeing the neuro at 3! Will update later over yonder....

#138 of 281 Old 07-16-2007, 08:43 PM

I posted the same update on the blog/yg .....: is all I can say.

#139 of 281 Old 07-16-2007, 08:52 PM

Ah, heck, Heather. I'm sorry it wasn't a better visit. That sucks. Nothing is more frustrating than getting mixed, non-conclusive and irritating care from a clinician. Grrr.
#140 of 281 Old 07-17-2007, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Heather, you totally deserve the title of "morning goddess"...and I believe in multiple gods/goddesses, so who says there can only be one? Sorry you had a frustrating appointment. I didn't read your blog (don't have access), but nonetheless!
Claudia, OMG, how exciting! A beach house! Keep us updated (and let us know when we get to have a MayMama gathering there! ) And I am amazed at how much Rowan LOVES the beach. He gets covered in sand and while DH is frantically trying not to run around screaming (he HATES the beach, haha!) Rowan is happily burying himself in it. But he freaks out if he wears sandals or gets his hands sticky.

So, um, I get a few days of relative peace until I run away with my fellow AFI-Fangirls for a weekend of watching videos, going to a club or two, squealing like 15-year-olds, and basically being silly girls for a weekend. I'm really excited but I have also never met these girls in the flesh before, so I am a little nervous. What if they hate me?
And WHAT am I going to PACK?!??! :
And an even BIGGER question: WHAT am I going to pack for HAWAII?!?!?!? (I get back from NY late Sunday, we leave first thing Tuesday morning. O.M.G.)
But first things first! I should be packing but I am on the internet! Go me!
I am doing laundry though, so that's something. Rowan is of course, hanging out with his friend Blue. : And eating breakfast and wearing his new Crocs on his hands. I bought them for him thinking they would be something he would enjoy wearing in Hawaii, since so very often, like I said, he doesn't want to wear his sandals. Most of the time, he wants to wear socks and shoes! In 90-degree heat & humidity! WTF?!? For some reason it bugs me so I admit, we've had some unecessary fights about what he is going to wear on his feet. *sigh*
But I paid $30 for the Crocs, and darn it, the kid is going to WEAR THEM. :

So my brother is gone, after a VERY long almost-week here. *sigh* I don't want to get into it too much, maybe in my LJ (not like anyone reads that--sorry!) or not at all...we just have nothing in common and are coming from SUCH different places, and we can't even talk about anything without our childhoods somehow coming up. He seems to have been very insulated from all the dysfunction and abuse, he didn't know about a lot of it somehow...or he's in denial (which I suspect)...last night at dinner he actually said "well, we didn't come out damaged from all of it, they didn't do too badly by us!" (meaning our parents)
I actually looked at him like this for a minute, I think. I said "Are you kidding me?? We were taken out of our house when we were teenagers, Dad broke my freakin' NOSE, Mom tore every shred of my clothing to pieces when I left, and I can't tell you how many times I sobbed in Joe's arms, terrified that I would ruin my own kid the way they ruined me!! I still see a therapist! And you think we weren't DAMAGED?? What planet were you living on?"
(of course, I said it a bit more gently than that, but yeah)

We basically had to agree to disagree, as always. He also kept questioning my choices, to become a vegetarian/eat healthy ("You're the only person I know who thinks KFC is bad" , my environmental choices ("90% of the world doesn't care, so why should I?"), and um, yeah. It was weird. And kind of bad. But it's over now.
I took him to a gay bar last night for Karaoke. THAT was entertaining. Surprisingly, he kept his mouth shut the whole time...and he's better than I am at Karaoke! Go figure!

Rowan did have an awesome time with his Uncle Armand (oh yeah, he was born Armando, but he thought that name was too "ethnic", so he changed it. To Armand?? I dunno. Says the girl who changed her name to Renae when she was 16--but not for racist reasons!) and they played and he's actually pretty good with kids when he's not being a moron.
*sigh*

I know blood doesn't have to be thicker than water. But it just made me sad that honestly, I could go another 10 years or so without seeing him again. And he mentioned us coming to Reno to visit someday. Um, NO, thanks. I'm allllll set.
*sigh*
I feel kinda sad today though. It wasn't that much fun having him here, but we got through it and he got to see his nephew for a while. And sort of get to know me. But he knows SO LITTLE about me, and that would brought pretty sharply home, and he is JUST like our father in so many ways, it was really hard to handle.
But it's over now.

And now, I gotta pack. OMG!

Hope everyone has a good day. We're laying low today.
#141 of 281 Old 07-17-2007, 12:11 PM

i have kind of a lame relationship with my sister too. and she's my only sister so sometimes i get bummed about it. we used to be closer. but she got in the car and left to move back to california while i was IN labor with isaac and i'll never get over it. i know i need to but i can't yet. and i've never told her in so many words that it is a MAJOR issue for me but i have told my mom (and she's so oblivious and self-centered that i'm sure she doesn't realize how badly it hurt). i hardly ever call her. she texts me once in a while and calls maybe every other month. anyway maybe it'll get better at some point. we used to have a lot of fun. she is coming up for 3 days in august and flying down to cA with me so i don't have to fly alone with the 2 boys. but last time she came up she slept til noon or 1 every day and would see isaac for about an hour before his nap and then a few hours before and after dinner. um yeah, really making an effort to have quality time. ok....i'm thinking positive for august's visit. she is excited and she's very funny. and i have very little expectation that she's coming up to 'help'. *sigh*

i've replaced my sister with my friend carrie. she takes isaac out to do things and really acts as 'fun auntie.' i was having a babysitting crisis because my company is 'terminating' everyone next tuesday (basically closing down) and my boss is taking all of us and our spouses to jakes for our ending party that night. neither of my babysitters could watch the kids that night and i do not want to miss it. and thankfully carrie is going to babysit!!! YAY. and she doesn't usually want to watch babies at all. but ebin is actually pretty easy at this point. he's taking a bottle fine so i'm pumping every few days so he gets a bit of practice with it. (isaac took the bottle fine at this point and then quit when he was about 3 months old and could tell the difference).

last night was a late night. i need to wake isaac up for school. and i have to work today at doug's office.

we had a good day yesterday going up to the lewisville river park. it was a gathering of some mdc mamas and i hadn't met any of them before (one of those internet meet-ups renae )which make me nervous. but it was a lot of fun and isaac had fun with some of the kids after he came out of his shell. luckily he did not want to go in the water because i would have been really torn between the risk of the drowning 3 yo or the newborn on the shore.

on the money thing. we are paycheck to paycheck only because i am such a prodigous spender (like it's funny but it ain't). we've been comfortable with a double income but august 1st is the first time i will not get a very nice paycheck in NINE YEARS. the financial reality check is coming soon. very soon. i'm going to be working some but it will be an unknown quantity of money and all that. it is exciting and sad for me all at the same time. my boss sent out the official letter explaining our termination and i cried! even though this is exactly what i wanted. it is still the end of an era for me. it was such a great job. sniff sniff. i dream about work and my coworkers all the time.....my brain is trying to reconcile all of this.

kk - i hope you got some resolution with the mil.
#142 of 281 Old 07-17-2007, 01:12 PM

Oh man. I am so sorry things went so rotten with your brother. It's hard when we are hopeful that we can actual have a shred of relationship with estranged family. I totally know where you're coming from... and so all I can do is and hope in time it'll get better. I feel like a total stranger from everyone except my mom. Because of horrible stuff that happened I feel like my brother and sister are from a completely different planet and could care less about me and my family... it's getting better.. but it's taken at least ten years for ONLY my sister to slightly improve.

Thinking of you mama!
#143 of 281 Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 PM

nak and eating breakfast but will type more later about renae's brother sitch and the jstar end of a life chapter, start of a new one.

stefan looooooooooooooves oatmeal, by the way. and we FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY have a TOOTH! 7 months later for those who might have been paying attention...

~c
#144 of 281 Old 07-17-2007, 03:13 PM

I biked to work today. 5 miles. It was harder than I thought it would be at first and then it got to be pretty fun. It’s not a short trip but it’s not killer long either.

I also cleared out my emails (all 400 of them) and I have to apologize for not keeping upon the YG. : :hag

My therapy appointment was helpful – basically she told me to go easy on myself and remember that I am not going to be okay for awhile so cut myself some slack. Alison and I are working on some little stop-gap measures such as planning time that we can individually leave the house alone, going to a UU church, making time for me to commute to work by bike, planning our meals and activities a little more so that I know when we are getting things done and can let them go until the specified time to focus on them. It’s helping.

Heather – Urgh! I am so sorry that you aren’t getting good answers from the medical powers-that-be. What a confusing and scary mess.

Claudia – I love that you may be getting a beach house. You should totally do it if you can! My parent’s best friends had a place on a river that fed into Lake Michigan. It was fabulous to go there with them and hang out. So, no guilt. You are creating a peaceful corner of the world and we all need more of those (hint: May Mama get together ). Congrats on the toothiness!

Renae – Just curious, what was your name before? I am sorry that you had a tumultuous visit with your brother. My mom always says that she could not have had two children that are more different for a lot of the same reasons that you listed (environmental, anti-KFC, AP parenting stuff and family history/abuse stuff in my family too). It’s hard, but I have just decided that he makes his own choices and I make mine. We don’t hang out, but we can if we need to, y’know? I hope you can accept the limited possibilities with your brother and not feel guilty about it. It is not about you – he’s just in his own place. I am sorry that leaves you lonely for family.

Jstar- You are in the bittersweet stage of change. It will be so interesting to hear how things go for you going forward, but I know you’ll be fine. I am reading How to Raise a Family on Less Than Two Incomes right now. It has a lot of interesting information about how to make it work – and stories of people who have done it well for inspiration.

KK – I hope the MIL stuff gets worked out without fireworks. What does the Women’s Wisdom book have to say about PMS? I am interested in natural/spiritual/holistic ways to address the pre-period slump of doom that I seem to suddenly be having every month.

Okay, I gotta work. I will check back on you guys later. I am thinking of a few people who have not posted in awhile and those that I can’t do an individual call out to right now. Feel the love. and :
#145 of 281 Old 07-17-2007, 05:28 PM

Y'know, Lisa, WBWW also says the usual "good diet, no refined whatnot/caffeine, exercise" will help with PMS, but also that "unresolved emotional issues" can exacerbate the issue. Beyond eliminating dairy and caffeine, otherwise eating properly, and exercising ( on the biking, btw), she recommends a daily multivitamin, essential fatty acids, stress reduction, full-spectrum light, and even reflexology and progesterone therapy. (Does that help?) I agree with your therapist... something big has happened, and you need to be gentle to yourself. Grieving isn't just about crying. Sometimes, parts of your life just have to slow down while you process. And processing isn't always about sitting and thinking about it... sometimes, it's sitting and doing absolutely nothing.

I also want to know what Renae's name was (and how you chose Renae!).

My bil has issues (I think I've shared them before), and he's off by himself, having his issues, having very little contact with the rest of the family, and it's painful for everyone. I'm sorry for all the sibling weirdness, y'all. These things always make me wonder how my own kids will relate as adults.

Heather, thinking of you. and even a :hag! And a carp!

And yes, giggling about Els and chicks in her cleavage.

I say send the skirt to EL, too, but what do I know?

Jacquie... hot enough for you?

TC--it sounds like the beach house could be a really good thing. I thought what you said re money was interesting (but part of the reason there is that I've been hiding out, working on my sermon for the 29th, and it's about money!). I totally get you. You know what's kind of interesting is that I don't know that *I* would want to be attached to one place to get away to... I'd rather have "choices." Everyone is different. I suppose everyone has their own "get away" environment, too; eg, if I were *forced* to have a cabin or what not, I think I'd go for mountains, not beach. (Am I lame?)

Jess, you'll work it out (the sister thing and the money managemeny thing). You're a smart cookie.

Renae--dude, pack a swimming suit. Yeah, I'm kind of "done" with our recent family visit, too.

Mil is gone, thank goodness. Yeah, it was one of the worst visits in *years*, and yeah, we did get into it, though fairly politely. (Sheesh. She can *so* dish it out, but when it comes to hearing what I have to say in response, she gets all fragile and pathetic.) But it was probably better than letting it fester. Ug. She is so nutty. (And at one pt. in our "conversation", she started telling me how wonderful and saintly dh is--pretty much implying poor dh, he's married to *me*. I basically told her, lady, you have *no* idea, and we're not going there, but dh has done things which would make your head spin.) I am *spent*. I can either stay home tonight and try to process some of the visit with dh, or I can do a mom's night out. I know which I *should* do, and I also know which I am probably gonna do. (Jacquie, I think we won't be passing through your neck of the woods till Thanksgiving...)
#146 of 281 Old 07-17-2007, 06:22 PM

then i must be lame too because i would also choose the mountains : i do find those weathered cedar shingle and white trim beach houses really romantic though

can i just complain about the amount of dried BOY PEE IN ON AND AROUND my toilet???????????????? he hits the toilet seat lid more than he hits the water : ewwwwwwwwwwww. and then doug shaved his head so there is HAIR everywhere. i'm at his office hiding out from cleaning my bathroom. is that bad?

lisa - i should get that book. it sounds right up my alley at this point.
#147 of 281 Old 07-17-2007, 08:43 PM

Jess, I think I've blogged about my toilets. (Should I feel about that? Or : ) One of the things I like about them is the "full skirt", ie, totally smooth front and sides, for easy boy pee wipe-off. Also, the lid/seats pop off really easily (and can be run through the dishwasher), again for easy cleaning. Dh, who would seriously look like a muppet if he grew his beard (think Animal ), leaves shaving-beard-crumbs all over the sink. Dude, you're outnumbered. This is Life with Male People. I imagine it only gets worse as they go through puberty, leave stinky socks and other grody things everywhere, eat you out of house and home, and drink milk/juice straight from the jug in the fridge. (Not to mention sneaking out their windows as teenagers when you think they're asleep, etc. and so on.)
#148 of 281 Old 07-17-2007, 10:50 PM

ug. I know it's the dog days of summer because I've been sick as a dog since Saturday. I've been reading and thinking of y'all, but can't think straight enough to respond. now that i have some prescription cough syrup on board, i'm hoping for a quick recovery.

but i need to selfishly call on the wisdom of the may mommas. the lentil has his first dentist appointment tomorrow and he's a little nervous. any tips? I'm worried he's going to flip out and lose it and we'll have to reschedule, which is bad because i scheduled this appointment in April and I hate to think of how long we'd have to wait for another slot.

so if anyone has any pearls of wisdom, we sure could use them now!
#149 of 281 Old 07-17-2007, 11:03 PM

EL--fortunately C's first one was just kind of a look and see and play in the chair visit. He's a smart cookie....can you get him engaged/distracted by counting teeth. C thought it was the coolest that she had 10 on top, 10 on bottom because we all know 10+10=20 : and on and on. Also for situations like this I reserve the dangling of a large reward/carrot for completing/enduring an undesirable necessity. I also emphasized the "cool" factor of everything she got to do. That said, we didn't actually get to the cleaning part, but hopefully the hygenist will work quickly!

smilie of the day is most certainly : and tomorrow will be : : ....looking forward to a boring thurs/fri

Renae---I'm intrigued about the name stuff. I have an uncle who switched from Eduardo to Edward for similar reasons.

#150 of 281 Old 07-18-2007, 12:15 PM

EL, after a crappy (or carpy?) visit to a not very friendly dentist at age 3 (wherein T got so freaked out he wet his pants, and the dentist was a jerk about it), we found a better dentist. I guess I put the onus to be good on the dentist, not on the lentil, YKWIM? Our first visit was a lot like C's: check things out, ride in the chair, count the teeth. T was squirrelly, but the hygienist was very patient. Then, I think a week or maybe even 2 weeks later, we went back for a "real" appt. I think good hygienists who work with kids these days have a lot of tricks up their sleeves to make it not so scary. Z is supposed to be going for the first time in August, I think.

I keep forgetting to tell you guys that he passed his dairy challenge. It's so awesome. He can have cheese now. Because dairy and eggs can finally be part of his diet, things are so much less limited, and there are all those caloric possibilities out there.

EL, do you have an actual cold? Like with a cough? Yuck. To be in late pg *and* sick sucks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page