Mothering Forum banner

rashes

625 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mamajamz 
#1 ·
My DD is five and lately has a perpetual, irritating, itchy and burning bottom. She's had flare-ups before and the ped. just says it's her "toileting habits", which I know can't be true. Supposedly it isn't yeast either. Aargh! The poor thing is having so much trouble and I can't seem to remedy it or find the culprit. Anybody else have any experience with this?

#3 ·
Do you put any bubble bath or oils in her bath water? My stepdaughters both have got a degree of childhood eczema that can be irritated by bath products. It sounds from what you said that it's just her bottom, but that's what stays in the water longest.

With the childhood eczema, I have also found it helpful to double rinse their clothes in the wash and use less than the prescribed amount of detergent.

She doesn't happen to use baby bum wipes still, does she? I know some kids continue to use them as they get older, and that they can cause irritation because of the chemicals and scent in them.

Hope you figure it out -- good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.