Another month, another baby for the May '04 Mamas! ;) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bankruptcy getting resolved?? Other than that, I've got nothing....

Lisa---I say that's a topic to face head on now. It won't go away. DH and I have been back and forth on it for the past year and I think finally see eye to eye as to what is/isn't important with regard to work/time/obligations/time for self/etc.

Jess----IIRC, Isaac was in like 6-9 mos stuff before 3 months even. You grow 'em tall, don't ya? I think E is going to be even taller than C. She is almost outgrowing size 5 shoes and C wore that size at 2 years old. I'm just frugally bummed that I'm going to have to buy her all new winter shoes and won't get much more use out of some cyute! See Kai Run shoes I have for her.

We wound up going to "fire truck park" today (see pics on blog) at 9am before it got too dang hot. Then to the bakery, C's favorite place in town to walk to, but way tooooo hot for that lately. Inexplicably, both girls wound up in tears before we left and we decided they must have put some grumpy juice in their respective pastries.

Packing list done, now just to pack it all. blah!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 PM

Lisa--we x-posted....have/had a similar dynamic going here. DH perpetually home late from work was a big one for us. Both of us had to give/concede a bit. *hugs* Sounds flusterating.

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#63 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
I also feel like this isn’t the place to hash it out…off to call the wife.

and you should really look into getting your name changed to A&L+2 now.
#64 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 02:59 PM

Lisa - big hug. It is the nature of the spousal relationship, husband or wife I think. DH is often home late too. It is dissapoointing for the spouse who is also doinga hard job at home when the help is not there, and I can relate though I realize that what DH does is hard too sometimes and he has his own needs for recreation and so on.
The bike commute may actually save time if you don't need to exersize more, which is what I am hoping. And this is what I am trying to convince DH to do.
I am worried about the flat foot technology too, going up hill, but I will see how I get used to it. I am keeping my old bike just in case. The big thing for me is that my hands and right shoulder tend to hurt after riding my bike a lot and I am hoping this will be better. I have read that it is harder to get the freeradical on a bus, and you need a special car rack I think.

I would love to get together.
#65 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsmom View Post
I would love to get together.
PMing you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
and you should really look into getting your name changed to A&L+2 now.
I was thinking of something else entirely and I can't settle on it. I want something destinctive and fitting...in the meantime I have something that is neither Any ideas???

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
Lisa---I say that's a topic to face head on now. It won't go away. DH and I have been back and forth on it for the past year and I think finally see eye to eye as to what is/isn't important with regard to work/time/obligations/time for self/etc.
I agree, and we do need to work on it. I thought we were at a good place on this actually. We are finding time to get alone time and family time and it's not easy but we have plan/agreement. It's my emotional reaction to her emotional reaction that's tripping me up today.

So, it true husband fashion, I just bought her flowers.

Danile - so, have you gone to your appointment or are we getting close with our questioning and you are avoiding us? I hope it's fabulous news when you get it!
#66 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 03:15 PM

Oh, i just noticed that I am past the halfway-to-senior point. 500+ posts, baby!
#67 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 04:51 PM

Danile-
1) is it citizenship? Some sort of hearing?
2) Are you getting some test results?
3) Maybe getting the all clear from some old medical condition?

(see, that's the nurse in me. always assuming it's medical.)
#68 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 04:57 PM

Holy CARP!!! Three pages of posts since last night??? Way to boost the thread's post count, Danile!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
this should be a new mmf tradition! weekly surprise announcements of random origin that include a fabulous buildup and ten questions game. *insert random clapping noise*
Agreed! It's 3:44 pm here and just a little more than two hours to wait. Fingerdrumming smilie needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
I was thinking of something else entirely and I can't settle on it. I want something destinctive and fitting...in the meantime I have something that is neither Any ideas???
Have you had any inspiration? Any starting points?

You deserve a and some serious kudos for the way you're handling the emotional response to an emotional response.

My mom is in town, slowly chipping away at what's left of my sanity. Her latest infraction - she's started reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Without reading any of the other six. And thereby making it impossible for me to reread it right now. *sigh*
#69 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 05:37 PM

lisa: no ideas at all. must read back some of your posts and maybe something will strike my fancy...

*drumming fingers in anticipation of danile's sharing*

~claudia
#70 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 05:42 PM

:
#71 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 05:46 PM

Whew! I can't keep up with you guys! But, I know you'll understand, so I won't worry about it!

Danile-can't wait to find out. Very interesting.

Just a bit of time for a little me update...Miss A is keeping us on our toes. Yesterday was tough. From noon till 10 p.m., she wouldn't be happy unless she was on the breast, and even that frustrated her as I think she's waiting for milk to come in. She would get very frustrated and pop off. My nipples were owie and I didn't get a nap! However, she slept a longer stretch at night (7 hours) which I let her do since she was up for such a long time in the daytime. Goal for today was not let this happen again. So, I've been making sure she eats more often...yesterday she was super sleepy all morning and I wasn't persistent, so I think that led to her being super hungry all afternoon and with no real milk yet, she drained me super quick. Today has been better so far. She's eaten more and napped more, and I just got to sleep for one hour! I *think* my milk is on its way, too. I actually saw a dribble of colostrum-colored milk come out of her mouth at one point this a.m., so I wonder if that might be more my milk and less just the golden stuff. I can't remember when this resolved with G, but I do remember a rough night before it arrived.

Okay, ramble done. Besides this little wrinkle, we're doing okay. She was just so fussy for most of yesterday, that I was taken aback. She's such a placid little one in all other ways.

Off to pee and then who knows what's next!

Thinking of you all...
#72 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Have you had any inspiration? Any starting points?
New name ideas:

Something with my first names Lisa Rae (taken I believe), acorns or oaks, mermaids/water, something easy to refer to, such as your name TC which is partially but not entirely your name. I think Maternal Feminist is taken too. I have considered Acorn Lisa (with Slightly Nutty as a senior title). I regularly have gone by Petunia online. I have considered Petunia Rae, but then I would stop going by Lisa here and that seems strange at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Miss A...
So, you are calling her Annie? Annabel is often called Annie around here. Too cute! I think that you are right to think that the one bad night means that your milk is changing and coming in. My experience is that babies are fussier for a short period in the first week and then cycle into something else for a month or so. I hope you get lots and lots of regenerative rest.

Okay....I am waiting and waiting for the reveal.
#73 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
Jess----IIRC, Isaac was in like 6-9 mos stuff before 3 months even. You grow 'em tall, don't ya? I think E is going to be even taller than C. She is almost outgrowing size 5 shoes and C wore that size at 2 years old. I'm just frugally bummed that I'm going to have to buy her all new winter shoes and won't get much more use out of some cyute! See Kai Run shoes I have for her.
yep. they're tall ones. i think ebin is taller too and i'm having the same problem. he is fitting some realllllllly cute overalls and outfits that isaac didn't wear until the fall, right now. and it is 90 out. so i think i'm going to miss the window on those dangit.

has anyone else done the rotavirus vax? we did that yesterday. isaac had the rotavirus and it was pretty bad. so far ebin's vax reaction has been REALLY RANK farts. like, they actually stink which he hasn't had before. and i hope he goes poop soon so i can stop worrying about insusception or whatever that intestinal blockage is. (i'm probably just paranoid). he also got the dtap yesterday and fell asleep on my lap during bedtime story time and then slept SIX hours until i woke him up because i couldn't sleep for the boob pain.

i had my meeting today and it went well. and i have been sewing since i got home.....which is just about the first time since ebin was born that i have had the chance. i just came up (out of the basement sewing hidey hole) because ebin woke up and i realized i should pay my mortgage. i sewed a bathroom curtain (go me!). and started a scalloped edge baby blanket in very cute retro pink vintage print fabrics. it's a girly present. i am totally procrastinating 2 contracts i need to review. yuk yuk yuk :

ok. i'm watching the clock for 3pm pst because i am terrible at guessing.
#74 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 06:40 PM

i like petunia rae!

and i hope your milk comes in soon for little annie so she can fill her little belly and let her mama sleep. she's probably hungrymongry. i loved your photos btw what a happy family

whoops...just missed the maillady. i guess this means i can get back to sewing
#75 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Just coming to whine a little bit (maybe take up some of the waiting time?). I'm feeling pretty pissy and down, and I think my first PP AF is on its way (~95% sure I ovulated last night), and I'm definitely chalking some of it up to hormones. But just not feeling a lot of self-confidence right now.

Lots of deep thoughts going on here and I should write a lengthier reply, but I have a bad cold and I'm *cranky*.
#76 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 07:03 PM

KK.

6 minutes :
#77 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
6 minutes :
and counting....
#78 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 07:35 PM

danile... oh danile... i have to leave in a few minutes and won't be back til late late and i'm hope-hope-hoping that you will let us know very, very soon...
#79 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 07:44 PM

I think I know what it is!

You gave a child up for adoption 7 years ago and are now being allowed to see him/her?

kk I recently had my first ppaf and I was cranky for about two weeks, had a little spotting, and then she finally dumped! It seemed like it was a long time "almost" coming.
#80 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 08:30 PM

It will be a little while before I can check in again. I am finding myself worried about Danile now.
#81 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 09:05 PM

Okay- I survived!

Should I tell all now or wait for Claudia?

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#82 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 09:06 PM

Well... I don't see anyone on anyways.. I'll post when I get back home again... Off to go swimming with the boys

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#83 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 PM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you have to post nowwwwwww!!!! :
#84 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Having my grumpy lil private time with the computer. I should be pulling weeds or taking a walk, but I'm still grumpy. I swear, each time I have a baby, getting AF again is like going through puberty again.

Danile's secret is that she's trying to become a senior member by this afternoon.

I don't want to make other guesses (of a more personal nature), because I'll be embarrassed (by the personal nature) if I'm wrong.

No WAY are Annabel and W 6 mos old. That totally blows my mind.

I like all the bike talk. We picked up T's new bike today. (I feel a little bag about him having a *new* bike, except it was from Grandpa, and it has a lifetime service guarantee, and dude, it isn't going to be new by the time it's L's turn.) I'm hoping it will be a little cooler here, now that it's August. I just haven't been willing to stuff the little ones in the trailer when it's 95.

I haven't done the rotavirus vax, but I've been through hospitalization for rotavirus (with T). I'm not sure how I feel about it. I guess I may skip it.

I dunno if I have anything to add to the partners with work obligation thing beyond adding that it's something that we squabble about now and again, too. It's hard... there are things which they just cannot miss at work, and I suppose it's hard to have the screws put to you by the mama at home and the boss at work. I don't think Americans have great work/family/life balance, but most of our DPs are not in powerful enough positions to squawk about it too much.

Jacquie, my babes seem to have objected to their first bm poops, so watch out for that next.

Juice, my RL friends and I have been talking about how it really seems to be one of those times of the year when relatives visit (in order to DRIVE. YOU. CRAZY.).

At the rate Lisa is going, she'll be a sr. member in 2011.

We just picked up a salvage range which is so much nicer than our decrepit, ancient range. But I have to clean it. Yuck. The old one will go to scrap metal recycling this weekend.
#85 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Dude, tell all *now*. (I crossposted with you.) *I* am here, and that's all that matters. (My turn to say: it's all about *me*.) :
#86 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 09:23 PM

Yes, and I'm here, too!

And, my milk seems to have come in. Yay!

Off for dinner.
#87 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

While I'm here, will someone tell me what happened to my sr. title?
#88 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 09:32 PM

Danile, I daresay you're relishing the suspense, and a) I demand you tell all NOW, and b) I kind of am enjoying the suspense too!
#89 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Since you're here... how are *you* doing, Elsanne?
#90 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 09:39 PM

i have a lot to say about the partner work balance thing too but not a lot of time. i know doug is going through some jealousy about my time at home right now. totally expected. it is more of an emotional response than a logical thing too. ie. he knows being home with a baby is work but he still sees it as being home = fun. and i readily "let" him go watch baseball/go golfing because i know work time is not self-renewing fulfulling time for him. (i don't have any renewing alone adult time right now but i have a pretty low expectation of it with ebin being so young. i *will* need it and start making it happen pretty soon though.)

i think its ok to be cranky

i need to look up these bike things online. is the peapod a thing for babies? we finally got isaac's bike seat on the back of doug's bike and he is putting new tires on my old schwin....but we have no way to do family bike rides right now.

hospitalization with rotavirus is pretty much my fear (ie. the reason i decided to go with it). i know ebin's exposure probability is pretty much 100% with isaac here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page