Another month, another baby for the May '04 Mamas! ;) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 441 Old 08-03-2007, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, where did my post from last night go? It was something like:

: : : : High fives and big hugs Danile! I am so sorry that you had to go through this and I am so happy for you that you PASSED YOUR TEST! Congrats!

I have never been to Hawaii either, jstar. When I go I hope it's just like Megan's trip (without the post trip pregnancy discovery, please).

I am missing mcsarahb too.
#122 of 441 Old 08-03-2007, 01:50 PM

and I noticed you were the smart one who guessed it Lisa! You must have guessed right after I left.
#123 of 441 Old 08-03-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucetteMama21842 View Post
and I noticed you were the smart one who guessed it Lisa! You must have guessed right after I left.
Yeah, except that I am a public transit supervisor by day and have to deal with a lot of driver's license rigamarole, so I wildly guessed.
#124 of 441 Old 08-03-2007, 02:29 PM

Still, good guess!
#125 of 441 Old 08-03-2007, 07:45 PM

#126 of 441 Old 08-03-2007, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, Danile. Glad that's over--it's a big step.

I think one of my cysts ruptured last night. I'm pretty sure I ovulated Wed. night, and I had similar (but way, way, WAY more intense) pain last night. I'll bet that the functional follicle thingy from the previous day just nudged one (maybe both?) over the edge and made it pop. All the hormonal stuff, plus I've been trying to process some of my emotional blockage stuff.

Fiddle, I was thinking about you a lot yesterday (I've been decluttering, and I found a bunch of old Z medical supplies which I've been trying unsuccessfully to donate) and I was going to ask about L and W (and you, of course). So update us.

Hey, one of our babysitter flakes turned out not to be a flake (serious illness in the family and she had to get out there quickly). We interviewed her, and she's way more competent than the last one. So we're going to try her out *next* weekend.

Els, in my experience, nude beaches are not about having the perfect physique...

Re rota... someone medical correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that you can only get *rotavirus* once. (Though perhaps your immunity might wear off in adulthood?) There are plenty of *other* barfing bugs out there to catch, though.

Thinking of Renae (and sandy beaches) and MCSB and anyone else who's MIA.
#127 of 441 Old 08-03-2007, 09:19 PM

I'm so glad you did it Danile! It just proves what a strong and persistant woman you are. I'm proud of you for facing and conquering your fears. I can't imagine how devastating the loss of your friend was.

Jacquie, again, congrats on your new little girl. I saw your photos, and you all are simply blissful. WHat a little beauty!

This week has been a whirlwind of swim lessons, trips to the pool and beach etc. Man, I'm wiped! But it's been lots fo fun, and the girls are enjoying their summer.
#128 of 441 Old 08-04-2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
I am so giggling, I watched all four videos and Marek looks so grown up! I love his long curly blond hair! and LOVE the drum set. youguys rule as parents. And the Stefan ones!!! Love how at the end of the stefan crawls around one, Bill goes, "Careful, Marek" and his voice goes waaay up saying Marek, and how at the end of the stefan sends email one you say, "crap". It most definitely did not sound like "carp".
#129 of 441 Old 08-04-2007, 12:13 AM

Have youguys seen the documentary, "The Business of Being Born"? I saw it this afternoon and I cried, over and over again, witnessing happy home births and reliving my own...and for the poor babes whose births were not so happy...and the mamas...anyway it is a shocker and a really good movie. The producer is Ricky Lake and the filmmaker has something to do with SAn Miguel, not sure what.

It really moved me.
#130 of 441 Old 08-04-2007, 12:58 AM

Thanks all you May moms for your loving support. That's why I love you guys! : :

TC- Too cute. Thanks for sharing!

Els- Where did you get your hands on a copy? I've been dying to see that!!!
#131 of 441 Old 08-04-2007, 04:04 AM

Hopefully my typing here at work won't wake up W sleepin on the staff bed. I should be asleep too but wanted to update.

J-star: I THINK about getting together with you almost every day. It's the execution part of the plan that's tricky. Yes, let's shoot for the end of the month. You come back on dh and my anniversary, so it won't be that day. It's so cool that you live just down the street and are now SAH-ish too (though both of us are still actually working outside the home a bit). It FEELS like it should be easy to get together- it will happen soon.

OK, update:

job: over the past 1.5 years, almost half of the management in our company has been fired/forced to resign due to either incompetence or criminal behavior (imbezzlement). drop Now the state is closing 3 of our group homes. Dh and I are NOT involved- this group home has a sterling record for all our on-site inspections. However, our new executive director is making big (needed) changes, including moving this group home's clients and staff to a new site, and moving me to a different group home. I totally understand why it doesn't look good for me to be working with dh, even though I've been scrupulous in following the company's nepotism policy. It's just that the policy wasn't strick enough in the first place, which is how some of the bad guys got away with what they did. Still, I am very very sad that this wonderful work sitch is going away, and not sure how we will survive. I can't imagine taking both kids to work with me part time, even with our babysitter, without having dh there to help. I hope I can make the new situation work, but I'm worried. I don't even know where I'm being transferred yet or what my hours will be. I hope it works out.

OK, on to L and preschool. He LOVES his preschool. We had a hard time adjusting to the early mornings, but have a good groove going now. BUT.....everything's changing! The numbers droppped really low just before L started, and the class is being moved to another site and will have all new teachers and some new kids. By the end of the month, L will say goodbye to his routines and his friends both at my work and at his school. It's just not fair.

W and food: W loves solid food! Hooray! This week we've done banana for starters, and it's a huge hit. It's so wierd to have a kid that actually likes to eat from the get-go. Oh, the stinky dipes in my future

FIL drama- hardly worth mentioning. Just that I specifically made a gesture to give him and dh time together at a football game (go Beavs), but it turns out FIL really just wanted to take L to the game, which of course L is too young to really understand or appreciate. Sigh. I am throwing up my hands on this one.

Thinkin of Ms. Sarahbee and Renae, and Jacqueline all snuggled up with her new sweet one.

Night night, mama jammas (is it bad that I say goodnight to ya'll more often than I do my dh?)

OH. THAT REMINDS ME.
I gotta tell ya'll- we have come up with an awesome night-time plan. L sleeps best with someone else in the room. W sleeps best where he can't smell milk. I sleep best in my own space away from rolling babes and crying preschoolers and snoring dh's. Dh sleeps well anywhere as long as he isn't being poked to go into L's room and take care of him. So....I'm now sleeping on an air mattress in L's room, and Dh has the queen w/W in the sidecar crib. Suddenly, everyone is getting plenty of sleep. It's bliss. Or it would be if I would stop typing already and go to bed.

Dh and I are actually getting MORE one-on-one time with this arrangement, because we're more rested and can stay up a wee bit together. Plus we have started dating Tuesday mornings when W is at a sitter and L is in preschool. Tee hee. Dating.

Night night for real this time.
#132 of 441 Old 08-04-2007, 04:07 AM

wow. that was a really long post.

I can just hear my mother telling me to calm down and go to bed already.

OK. nighty night again.

really.
#133 of 441 Old 08-04-2007, 05:50 PM

Those sound like some big changes FF. That can be really stressful especially before you know all the details and so on so you can actually make a plan for how it will work.
Those videos were really cute. marek really has his drummin attitude going on.

What fun.
#134 of 441 Old 08-04-2007, 08:12 PM

TC-great videos! Thanks for sharing!

Danile-congrats on going through with your exam. I'm sure that took lots of strength and courage and applaud you.

Fernie-thanks for the updates. You've got a lot going on and are in my thoughts.

I've only got a minute as I think A is waking. I got a 1 1/2 hour nap today, so I'm feeling pretty good. The milk coming in has been a great thing. She's just not as avid an eater as G was. She really wants to eat, but is quite efficient and doesn't feel the need to hang out at the boob like G did. (maybe that's a guy thing )

yes, we're going with Annie for now. I love the name of Julianna, but it's in honor of several family members (a Julie, Julia, and Jewel) so I don't feel right calling her any of those similar names. Annie gives her her own identity while also having that feminine tie to family. Am I making any sense? I hope so. I'm feeling more tired, but not too bad.

My mom arrived yesterday. She and dh are taking G out to the park for a little while. I don't quite feel ready to go in a car. I mean, things are healing fine, I just kind of enjoy the cocooning aspect of these early days. I have been wanting to get her in a sling, though, and see how that goes. I would like to go up and down the street a couple times!

Okay, off to wake her up. She's such a sleepier babe than G, too.
#135 of 441 Old 08-04-2007, 10:25 PM

Jacqueline, just realized both your babes have a birthday on the 31st. V.v. cool! So happy to read updates, I'm all nostalgic for the baby days... for milk coming in!

I'll be thinking of L as he goes through so many transitions. Those are especially hard at this age, it seems, so I hope he can adapt. I'm so sorry there's so much up in the air with your job, fern. Nothing like the rug being yanked out from under you.

How;s your cyst pain doing KK? I hope once it burst the pain eased for you. It stinks how you are still dealing with them boogers.
#136 of 441 Old 08-05-2007, 10:52 PM

Hi, everyone! It was quiet here today. Maybe we're all just digesting a little.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. Hi!
#137 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 01:04 AM

*raises head from post-vacation madness*
I'm here! I'm here! I missed you all!

Kauai was incredible, but after doing more in two days in Los Angeles than in an entire week in Hawaii, I realize that I am indeed a City Girl.

More soon. It's almost midnight here. Jetlag. To me, it's more like 9. or 6! Hawaii's time is 6 HOURS from New England. Day-um.

Subscribing, hopefully I will work on catching up tomorrow with that morning cuppa Kona Coffee ( We bought some to bring home with us...I dunno WHAT I will do when we run out!)

I'm a little down, the post-vacation "NOW what do I have to look forward to?!?!" antisocial slump.
I'll get over it.

Have a lovely night, mamas.

And welcome new babies! Julianna is a gorgeous name.
#138 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 01:39 AM

Welcome back, Renae.
#139 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 01:49 AM

I don't know if it'll work to share this link with others, but I was at BabiesRUs picking up a play&pack the other day (cause he's scooting and getting into stuff at work), and they offered me a free photo shoot.

Let me know if it works.

http://mystudio.kiddiekandids.com/vi...029728Y48HAHW3
#140 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 01:59 AM

yep, it works, fernie! sooooooooooo cute! i can't figure out who he looks like in those shots... a little like L, but i think he has your smile, or maybe tom's, but i think yours. definitely L and W look a lot alike.

bill is back home. yay! i have forbidden him to ever leave town again for more than 3 days at a time. it was harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd. even with my dad's help. marek wouldn't accept certain things from my dad, and my dad is soooooooooooo not used to 3 year olds and their reasoning capacities (or lack thereof). anywhoooooss... we have lots of frozen fish in our freezer now. and smoked salmon on the way later this month. woohoo!

beach house things trickling along. will know a little more tomorrow. just hum de dum.

off to attempt to rouse bill from sleeping next to marek after he lay down with him to help him get to sleep...

~claudia
#141 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 11:23 AM

Claudia, yummmmmm about the frozen fish.

Fern, those pics are so sweet--time is truly flying by. I have a friend who believes, and she is a rational woman, that time really is picking up speed over the years.

Renae!!! So glad to have you back! Are you sporting a tan on that Mexican skin? I think those two days in LA would have convinced me of the opposite--but then, I never ever have been a big city girl. My biggest guh about the whole mess is traffic and stress. Did you hear the big news about a certain someone on this thread?
#142 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

W is awfully cute in those pics. I think he looks a bit like L, but not carbon copy. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah'sMama View Post
Jacqueline, just realized both your babes have a birthday on the 31st. V.v. cool! So happy to read updates, I'm all nostalgic for the baby days... for milk coming in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah'sMama View Post

How;s your cyst pain doing KK? I hope once it burst the pain eased for you. It stinks how you are still dealing with them boogers.

I had the same realization this weekend, and I thought I would get to say it first.

The cyst pain is a lot better, actually. Not totally gone, but definitely lessened. I'm almost 100% certain that what happened is that one of them ruptured, I suppose the larger one? In any case, whatever is left is "smaller", causing less pressure and less pain. It's so weird how well I know this stupid ovary. And it's also weird that only the right one seems to do anything. I know that because of pregnancy and bf'ing, I've only ovulated 3 times in the last four yrs (Z, L, and this last time), and it's all been on the right side. Even T's egg was on the right side. I wonder how things will change once I'm ovulating regularly again?

I'm reading some really hardcare decluttering/get your sh!t together/get more meaning out of your life books (and yeah, even though it might not seem like it's related on the surface, it is). Wow. The one book which is written by a man--It's All Too Much, by Peter Walsh--is so "tell it like it is" that sometimes it's a little painful. It either hits really close to home for me or for one of my parents...

One thing I've decided is that when I'm ready to get rid of something, I'm not going to talk about it--I'm just going to do it! I especially shouldn't talk to anyone who has clutter probs themselves. This weekend, I was trying to talk to my mom about clutter (she is the High Empress of Clutter), explaining some revelations I had, and I mentioned that I was going to get rid of a *box* of little pink hand towels that were my grandmother's (her mil, who she rightly despised). These are not full-sized hand towels for the bathroom--they're those dinky ~7"x10" towels you put out for guests, and frankly, they're just not my cup of tea. My mother actually said, "Well, maybe could you use them in the kitchen?" Um, NO. Sorry I'm ranting here... my mom reads my blog. (Maybe I'll post that rant after she leaves on her vacation later this week. )

Okay, back to working on the closets.
#143 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post
One thing I've decided is that when I'm ready to get rid of something, I'm not going to talk about it--I'm just going to do it! I especially shouldn't talk to anyone who has clutter probs themselves. This weekend, I was trying to talk to my mom about clutter (she is the High Empress of Clutter), explaining some revelations I had, and I mentioned that I was going to get rid of a *box* of little pink hand towels that were my grandmother's (her mil, who she rightly despised). These are not full-sized hand towels for the bathroom--they're those dinky ~7"x10" towels you put out for guests, and frankly, they're just not my cup of tea. My mother actually said, "Well, maybe could you use them in the kitchen?" Um, NO. Sorry I'm ranting here... my mom reads my blog. (Maybe I'll post that rant after she leaves on her vacation later this week. )
I totally hear this. I had somehow inherited some my my husband's grandmother's clothes and handbags and I never used them. Not my cup of tea, so to speak. The handbags in particular- you could tell that they had been really nice once upon a time, but after 75 years of use they were pretty worn out. I took them to the consignment store last week and they were rejected, so I quietly, without announcement, took the lot to the secondhand store and donated them. Maybe they're valuable, probably not, but I just can't bear to have them cluttering up my life any more. I don't need to inherit someone else's burdens, you know?

welcome back, Renae!

fiddle, those photos are adorable.

TC- yay for a freezer full of fish. yum for smokers too!

Oh, mommas. Oh, mommas. I'm about going crazy here with my alcoholic brother. (not the same as the drunken uncle, who is also causing trouble). My brother is bingeing, he's driving drunk, he's showing up at family gatherings hammered, he's calling me at all hours either ranting or raving. I've stopped taking calls from him unless they happen in the middle of the day and I'm not in the middle of something else. It's so hard to have good boundaries with someone you care for. I've decided to stop wasting precious mental energy on him, which also means cutting my mom off from her hours-long processing calls. She calls me and we talk and talk and talk about my brother and his miserable life and I just can't take it any more. This is hard, but I just can't spend the last three-five weeks of this pregnancy managing my brother's life. Carp!
#144 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 11:57 AM

Hey mamas! SOrry I was gone all weekend. We went to the beach and spent a lot of play time with the kids.

Emmalola- I am SOOO sorry to hear about your brother. I don't get the phone calls... but my brother has serious issues VERY similar. His just include a few extra things and 7 wrecked cars (classics included : ) last year. Just hugs mama... cause I have no advice. I just had to let go of it, as much as it hurt. I can't change the world.

TC- Mmmmmmmmm.... Fish....... Glad to hear your DH is back.

I can't remember everything I just read cuz I just got distracted like 5 times while posting this.. Oh well... Hugs to all-!
#145 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 12:24 PM

and

for all the May Mamas!
#146 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 01:15 PM

fernie - those pics are so cute!! i love the nekkid baby on all black. and that really sucks about your job shakeup and L's preschool moving. talk about too much at once : i hope the job changes still work for you because you have such a good system going it seems.

renae - i'm dying to spend some time in LA...i haven't for years. and i'm a person that LOVES that city...i just don't want to live there. we decided not to do disneyland this summer. my ebin reality check kicked in in high school i would go down to LA a lot to shop and go to shows (it's ~90 miles from bakerspatch). so i really miss that.

speakin of bakerspatch we're flying to burbank tomorrow and then driving up! eeek. i have a ton of laundry and packing to do. and all the water-the-plants type chores. so here i am drinking coffee

emily - you really don't need that brother stress right before you give birth : that is such a drag. is there any way to get him into rehab? i'm sure you've all tried. you can't make a grown person make their own changes until they are ready you also can't reason with someone who is on a drunken rant so you're smart to put limits on the calls you'll take.

you are vERY in tune with your ovaries KK. i have no idea which side my babes came from i hope your pain is a lot less now. i'm a cluttered person. but trying hard to let go. right now i'm getting rid of a bunch of clothes that never fit me again after isaac was born. i finally reached the realization that my body changed and these perfectly good, perfectly cute clothes just aren't ever going to work again. sucks but it is time to let it go. i'm not back in all my clothes yet from this pregnancy but if i haven't worn it in the last few years...it has to go. (i know that would seem obvious )

i love the cocooning aspect of the first couple of weeks with new baby too. i really felt like the month of june disappeared because i was so home-centered. it was all about the healing

yay - doug is going to his office right now so i don't have to go. one errand crossed off the list. woo woo. and i ordered a new hotsling and got a PM that it is here! so i can take it on the vacay. it is going to be disgustingly hot in bakersfield though. i don't know how much i'll be wanting to wear the baby. it has been over 100 every day but my sister said it was supposed to be in the 90s by the time we get there. slight relief. my sister is here visiting!
#147 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 05:10 PM

Aaaaannnnndddd the fun keeps coming! : I am so glad I have like 4 concerts to look forward to, all the way into Sept...because I was really bummed about my vacation ending.

I will post more but right now Rowan and I are going to see the chiro, and then I am leaving him with DH (who is meeting us at the chiro) and going up to see Leah (who seems much, much better from last month!) and seeing the Beastie Boys with her! I totally forgot I agreed to go with her before my vaca, and she called yesterday and was like "um, I know you feel antisocial but you still want to see the Beasties with me tomorrow night, right?" I was like "OMG! I forgot!" So yeah.
And THEN, we (DH and I, and Leah is meeting us there I think) are going to Warped Tour on Thursday. Yay!
Aaaand, Leah told me she got me a ticket to see Tori Amos sometime in September...I forget when.

AND, Blaqk Audio (a SUPER-hot electronic side project of Davey Havok and Jade Puget, the favorite fangirling subjects of mine for over a year now, AFI...www.blaqkaudio.com) are coming to Boston and NYC in Sept. I am SO going...it's the only thing DH has said I can spend money on for the near future. Even DH wants to come with me!

So anyway, if the big news was Danile getting her driver's license after 7 years, breaking through an enormous obstacle and basically rocking the world, well, then YES! I read it!! (that's NON-alcoholic champagne! )
And all of you mamas with all your questions made me I agree, there needs to be a weekly game of like, 20 questions or something. Heehee.

Sex changes and Renae: I admit, I often feel like I'm a hot gay boy trapped in a curvy woman's body...but no one seems to notice.
I loved thoe questions and THAT'S why the thread was so damn long so early into the month! Hahaha!

Okay, gotta go for reals now. Have a great day/evening, everyone.
#148 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Faery View Post

I loved those questions and THAT'S why the thread was so long so early into the month!
Glad you enjoyed it!

So who's next to volunteer? I'm excited to get to ASK some questions....
#149 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 05:20 PM

Maybe it could be what concert you HAVEN'T been too before..
#150 of 441 Old 08-06-2007, 10:35 PM

Everybody could think of something about themselves that is kind of secret-ish, that they haven't already divulged in the over three years we've been together, and we could ask yes/no questions to try to uncover it.

I vote: Sherri first!

And actually Renae, I just asked that question to make you wonder what the news could be. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page