Another month, another baby for the May '04 Mamas! ;) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 441 Old 08-13-2007, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
Question for Claudia:
1.Child or adult at time of secret?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Questions for TC -
2) Is this something you are proud of?
3) Was this a defining moment/event, ie something that changed the way you think or who you perceive yourself to be?
1. child (actually teenager, but definitely not adult)
2. yes
3. yes
#242 of 441 Old 08-13-2007, 08:26 PM

off to Seattle for a couple of days mamas.. check back in later..
#243 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 12:25 AM

Lisa- if Annabel doesn't mind being in the room with her sister then i don't see why it matters anyway. My girls love love love to be in the same room. My mom, when they visited had them set up in seperate rooms and the very first thing Julia pointed out was that she wanted to be in the room with Naomi. And Naomi says -well yeah! It was no problem and we had the beds switched in no time.

Els- My girls are not fans of the long car ride, so taking them would be harder than leaving them in a way. But with the nursing and young one and sensing a little hesitancy with the care, I would talk another adult into taking about 10 days to make that trip with afternoon and late evening drives so they coincided with naptimes. Then hotel stays with pools and park visits in the afternoon or soemthing like that. Of course, then you have to pay for all the plane tix, hotels etc. If Amara doesn't mind driving I would probably just take her. But I thought you had left her before, or am I wrong?

MCSB- Did you know you wanted to be a midwife before you had Lily or did this come up with birthing etc? Just curious.

TC - 4 Is this school related?
#244 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsmom View Post
TC - 4 Is this school related?
4. yes
#245 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 08:46 AM

5. Does it involve a contest/competition of some sort?
6. Was a collaborative effort involved?

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#246 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 10:14 AM

Aww, I'm a bad, BAD morning goddess! Forgive me!
Still trying to get my head around everything. I DID clean the downstairs bathroom this morning though. Before I even had my coffee! What is UP with that?? OCD, I tell ya. :
I have yet to put everything back into the bathroom but hey. One thing at a time.

Oh yes, the meeting Blaqk Audio experience (the album is out TODAY! YAY! I already have a signed copy but you know I'm going out to buy another one...there's like 4 different versions out there with extra tracks and such. Damn marketing ploys. : I will get at least one special copy though.)
God, where do I start? I know everything about these people, which in and of itself solidifies my inner 16-year-old-fangirl status...so I knew that their tour manager, Smith, is Jade's younger brother, and I got to meet and hug him, and there's a cute picture of us that Leah took. He was SUCH a sweetie.
I will try to condense this, because I'm sure not EVERYONE cares but I will tell you that I managed to stay outwardly calm, I don't think I was shaking, but I'm sure my heart was pounding! And inside, I was freaking the HECK out! : Heehee.

I ended up babbling about Rowan like the mama I am. What a dork I am, but he had asked to come with me to this, which I thought was SO cute, so since he couldn't come he made them little cards with glitter paint and tiny skeleton stickers. When I went up to Davey and Jade I told them this (Davey said "oh wow!" when I mentioned my *three* year old loved them) and they looked at the cards and Jade said "Look, I got like 7 skeletons and you only got two!" Davey said "yeah, what's going on with that?" or something...and I think I said like, "I dunno, he's 3! I don't question his art" and they both chuckled at that. I know this is super-dorky, but the fact that I got these subdued, kinda tired looking boys who have been doing this non-stop for several weeks (they'd traveled all over the country doing these listening parties; Boston was one of the last ones) to smile even a little bit made my freakin' LIFE.
They put them in their pockets, which made me happy (they could have set them aside for Smith to do...whatever he does with the gifts they always get) and then I got a picture with them both, and when that was done, I asked Jade if I could give him a hug and he was like "sure!" and he gave the cutest awkward-boy hug; you know, where they hardly touch you? Haha, like that. But when I turned to Davey, he leaned in and gave me a REAL hug.
(no, really, we NEED a fainting smilie!!)

Um, so this is the thing; I've met idols before, I met Tori Amos TWICE, which was amazing to me. I kept my cool. I could handle this...the thing is, I think Davey freaking Havok is so blisteringly hot I can hardly stand it. : I didn't want to hop into bed with Tori Amos! I didn't want to go back on my "one child only!" commitment with Tori!
Yeah, it is SO TOTALLY like that.
So I have committed that hug to memory. Davey works out; it's common knowledge among his fans, he talks about it a lot. Um, I felt the results of that first-hand, baby!

Okay, I'm gonna stop, because I'm just embarrassing myself now. Basically, the boys were so totally sweet and gracious and I was so honored to have met them.
I also met some VERY young fans who were sweeties; these girls danced with me when we listened to the album, before Jade and Davey came out. It was awesome. I had a really, really good time.
And because Leah could care less about them, she stood off the the side with my camera, snapping as many pictures as she could with the flash off so she wasn't conspicuous. Many of those pictures weren't great; but we got a few good ones. I will put them on the YG, maybe.

So that was it! It was wonderful and I am still totally giddy about it. Haha.

In OTHER news, Rowan had his three-year appointment yesterday, and it was brought home how totally BIG my big kid is! he's a KID!!! : He stood on the scale for them to weigh and measure him (33lbs, 38 inches tall), he wore a little gown with bears on it and sat on the table all my himself, he let our ped. check him out, he talked to him about how he likes to play and he was just awesome!
(my pediatrician is also so cool...he mentioned that he knew we were deferring the MMR and chicken pox, he didn't even press the issue, and he was just so nice)
We had to do the lead test and I wasn't looking forward to it, but Rowan sat in my lap and I warned him that there would be a little stick and it would hurt for a second, and luckily the woman doing it was FANTASTIC, and he cried just a little, but not until after the needle came out. Delayed reaction, and I think he was more angry at the woman who stuck him than anything else.

Afterwards, we met DH for dinner and smoothies at the "Big Carrot" (Fresh City--it's what he wanted as a post-doctor "treat").

I have no questions for Claudia yet...I have to go back and read what was already asked!

Have a great day, everymama. Thanks for sticking with my novel!
#247 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
5. Does it involve a contest/competition of some sort?
6. Was a collaborative effort involved?
5. yes
6. yes
#248 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 01:19 PM

Ack...wish I was feeling sharper so I could come up with some follow-up questions. Where be my caffeinated MMF!!??

Renae---that sounds awesome! I would've loved to have met Tori! jealous!

Now at the every 2wks to the mw appts stage....how did that happen???? u/s yesterday showed that the kidneys looked good (yay!) and the little stinker is head up still.

Put the girls down for an early nap/quiet time since we have to leave early to take C to her new private PT eval before music therapy. Thankfully MIL is going to watch E or she'd go nutty from waiting in the world's most boring waiting room for 2.5 hours!

off to posty a quick update over yonder....

#249 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

I am useless in 20 questions. I will continue to abstain.

Renae, I'm glad you had so much fun. I'm smiling at your giddiness. I do think that around 3, poof, they turn into children rather than toddlers. Their physical proportions are so much different. When they're 4, though, you'll look back and see that their behavior at 3 is much closer to that of trolls than of real people, though.

I'm feeling a lot better today, and I wish wish wish I had postponed seeing the dr. another day. (I didn't tell y'all that he implied that I had gotten the virus by not washing my hands well when changing L's dipe. Except, *dude*--she got sick from *me*, not the other way around. And dude--my husband's been on vacation the last week, and I have not changed a single diaper in 10 days. And dude--I was a microbiologist... I know the importance of hand washing. I'm just a dumb mommy, what can I say?)

I'm a little embarrassed to report that while I was resting my virus and indulging in my annual viewing of the BBC Pride and Prejudice (I loves me some Jane Austen), dh was completely decluttering the garage. (We're seriously deep in decluttersville, you'd all be proud.) I must be a married woman, because I see the much improved garage as a very romantic gesture. : In any case, there's much more room for the things that matter--namely, the bikes, bike trailer, stroller, etc.

This kind of brings me to another admission... I can't believe what CRAP (should I say CARP?) a lot of this stuff is. We're going to try to freecycle, craigslist, recycle, donate, etc as much as possible, but a lot of it is worthless junk. I wish we could just have a grand and glorious yard sale, but I think it would be a waste of time. :

My neighbor has a scheduled C tomorrow. I'm very excited to hear about (and meet) her new baby, and I'm glad for her that she'll finally be done with being pg in the heat, but ug, I don't envy her the C itself. I don't think I've mentioned this, but all of a sudden, there are ~6 3ish-yr-olds on our street (much turnover from oldsters to young families in the last year or so), and we're going to do some kind of a co-op or playgroup or something. I imagine that initially, we may just be welcoming the neighbor's dd and let her mom (the neighbor) stay home and rest.

Okay, I've nattered on long enough. Time to finish that debacle we call the pantry.
#250 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 01:26 PM

KK---you are my decluttering supahstah! I totally need to take a pic for you of the pile of misc. hand-me-down carp that is headed to the thrift store in the next couple weeks. I have to call them and see if they maybe can do a pick-up since we're getting rid of an ugly couch as well. What have you done about toys? I'm ready to go through and cull about 50% and rotating or eventually donating. I swear I'm getting a nesting itch early or something....

and yup, wash those hands dirty mama! So you're feeling better then?

#251 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 01:39 PM

new rules! no limit to questions! ask, ask, ask (or i will begin to feel like y'all don't care so much about my deep, dark, mysterious secret surprise... )

and a little more info to entice...

this is something i was so proud of myself for doing, and it makes me feel really alive, even now. i guess that's the emotional side of me. but interestingly enough, offhanded comments from bill poking fun at me doing this in the past dozen years i've known him/been with him made me very self-conscious about it. this makes me sad.

like literally, i want to cry right now because i love it so much and want to find a way to have it in my life again.

and now my babe is in the cat water bowl...

~claudia
#252 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 01:40 PM

Was it art related?

Science related?

Service related?

and boo hiss on Bill!!!

#253 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Still here... nak with cranky feverish toddler.

Toys--that's a sore point... I took a black garbage bag and went through and filled it with stuffed animals, for one. I hate stuffed animals so much... they seem almost like pre-garbage to me. (There are obviously a few beloved ones left behind.) We already rotate toys (ack on the over-generous grandparents). Dh and I are planning to go through and do a serious cull. We donate plasticky/battery-operated toys to the children's wing of the hospital (though a few have remained here... time for them to go!). One thing we're trying to get the nerve to do is to have a serious talk with my parents (esp. my dad and step-mother). I would very seriously like them to consider giving just *one* gift (plus maybe a book, *maybe* an outfit) for birthdays and Christmas. We're just overwhelmed in a sea of junk. The kids' birthdays this year were just out of control, esp. wrt the boxes which arrived from my dad and step-mother. It's to a point where if we availed ourselves of everything they send, there wouldn't be "space" for us to get them anything ourselves.

In Feb, I vowed to fill a closet with stuff to get rid of. This time, we're well on our way to filling our carport (ie, roughly a one-car garage space-ful) with stuff to get rid of. I cannot believe the volume of CARP in our lives.
#254 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 02:00 PM

Did you spearhead the organization of a club or some sort of helpful organization?

Did you put together a band?
#255 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Was it art related?

Science related?

Service related?

and boo hiss on Bill!!!
yes.
no.
no.
yes!!! or maybe i should just get over it...???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah'sMama View Post
Did you spearhead the organization of a club or some sort of helpful organization?

Did you put together a band?
no.
no.
#256 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 02:18 PM

Quilting circle?

Dancing of some sort?

Sorry if those have been asked before. : And DH has been known to make comments about loves/past joys I had and it has made me cry.
And whatever this is, Claudia, I hope you find a way to bring it back into your life!

CARP. I don't even want to talk about it. : There is WAY too much in our lives too...I should get myself all inspired by this decluttering talk!

Now it's rest time (Rowan) and lunch time (me)!

#257 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Play or musical performance?
#258 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Mural project?

hmm....

#259 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Faery View Post
Quilting circle?

Dancing of some sort?
no.
no. (although i do love the dance in similar ways)
Quote:
Play or musical performance?
no. yes.
Quote:
Mural project?

hmm....
no.
#260 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 02:55 PM

Biggest clue so far: she's dying to have it be part of her life again. Hmmmm...art related...

musical related...

Did you play a big fun important role in a school play?

If yes, don't tell us which one (unless we would never guess!)! Let us guess!
#261 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 02:59 PM

Band? First flute or something?
#262 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 03:14 PM

Right, okay. Not a play, but a musical performance. Definitely an instrument. I see her as an air instrument--
#263 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Did you play a big fun important role in a school play?
no. (but that would have been fun... hee hee... not a hint, though)
Quote:
Band? First flute or something?
no. and no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Right, okay. Not a play, but a musical performance. Definitely an instrument. I see her as an air instrument--
els, is there a question in there? or are you just ruminating?
#264 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Were you the drum major for your marching band?
#265 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah'sMama View Post
Were you the drum major for your marching band?
no.
#266 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
no. (although i do love the dance in similar ways)

n
this little tidbit keeps bugging me. it's a clue....
#267 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 03:29 PM

Did you sing at a big event, maybe hockey game or something? I'm thinking of something like the national anthem?
#268 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 03:48 PM

Was it an instrument?

Was it your voice?

What did you mean by "you love the dance in similar ways"?

Did it have anything to do with your heritage?
#269 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I feel like my questions are so totally lame.

Okay... Teenager time, defining moment, proud of it, school-related, competition of some sort, collaborative effort, Bill feels the need to make fun of it, art-related (but not science or service related), not the head of an organization, didn't put together a band, not quilting, not dancing, not a play, but *was* a musical performance, not a mural, not a role in a school play, not band/first flute, not drum major....

Was it some sort a musical competition where you were part of a group?
Did you win a prize?
Did you make a special trip in order to be in the competition?
Bill's snarkiness makes me think there is a nerd factor, like maybe a marching band or regular school band factor... (Dude, isn't he an engineer? Kings of nerditude?)
#270 of 441 Old 08-14-2007, 07:05 PM

did you win the talent show?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page