Another month, another baby for the May '04 Mamas! ;) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, Emmalola, this month is yours! (No pressure.... )
#2 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 10:44 AM

Totally happy to be here sharin' the mmf love!

xoxo

P.S. DYING to hear details about Julianna's arrival! And the sibling relationship to date! When you get a chance, Jacquie--sending you much love.
#3 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 10:46 AM

Congratulations Jacquie, and welcome Julianna! Beautiful name.

August already??? I feel like I'm stuck in some cruel time warp.
#4 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 11:22 AM

Yeah, it IS August! Good thing I came here to read all the well wishes and smilie art! Emmalola-August is all yours!!!!!!

J slept for 8 hours last night! I'm not taking that as normal. She's just a much more tired baby than G was. And, a sleepy nurser. It was great for me to get that rest though. But, I still feel like I need to nap today, and will! She's peed and pooped and sneezes a lot, so all orifices seem to be functioning. Her nose came out a bit squished, so she's very snuffly when she's not sleeping or nursing. We'll post pics today on the YG, probably.

I'll do a more complete birth story when I have a bit more brain power. However, I'm very glad it's over and glad it was quick. And, I don't feel the need to do it again.

G is taking quite well to his baby sister so far. We'll keep seeing how that goes.

More updates later. Now I'm off to eat breakfast!
#5 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 11:46 AM

need breakfast. babe woke up too early. why do they always sleep late when we have somewhere to be (yesterday) and get up early when we have nowhere to be?

~claudia
#6 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 12:09 PM

Darn! Someone beat me to it! LOL. It's probably because I slept in till 7. I still don't feel rested though. Ahh... the joys of pregnancy.
#7 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 12:12 PM

KK- you totally made me laugh out loud. Hard to believe this is MY MONTH! zoinks! Or at least I'd like this to be my month. With a EDD of Aug 28th, who knows, right?

Jacquie, glad to hear all orifices are in working order. Your sweet little babe. awwwwwww. I also laughed at your comment about how you have no need to do it again.

My babe has his foot jammed way up in my ribcage and it's totally, totally killing me. Breathing, slouching, laying on my side- all painful. I've been putting arnica cream on it, but it's not really helping much. I swear, I have a broken rib in there.

Hapy August, all! August is one of my favorite months because it's monsoon season in the southwest, so we have nice cleansing rainstorms almost every afternoon. Such a treat after hot hot July. Not a bad time to be pregnant.
#8 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 12:18 PM

I LOVED living in IN because the rain was WARM! Something I was totally not accustomed to in Washington. I LOVE warm rain. It's just romantic... and their electrical storms are stunning!
#9 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 12:31 PM

Need coffee. Now.
#10 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 01:10 PM

i just drank a measly half cuppa because it was full strength i made for doug (that 50s housewife thing). it just isn't enough! ha.

my babe is 2 months old today! *sniff* he's not newborny anymore. he's getting gigantic and is really developing head control and more predictable patterns of sleeping and awake times. they change so fast. i just *love* the newborn phase -- enjoy every second of it jacquie!!!

i too feel like birth is empowering in an "i never want to do that again" way :

i can't wait to see pictures of julianna - does she have G's big beautiful eyes?? does she look similar to G when he was born?

ebin doesn't really look a lot like isaac although he will make some expressions that are exactly like isaac

ebin has his 2 month wbv today. i'm taking isaac along so our ped can look at his burns. i think they're ok but don't look so great after having a bandaid on them. i'm doing no bandaids at home so they air out. i'm still so freaked that that happened and keep thinking about how much worse it could have been other than that camping was a success. our new giant tent rocks. we camped at a reservoir which was realllllly low and the fishing wasn't great. but there were tons of beautiful wildflowers and we saw a lot of deer. i love deer we also got to watch a snake catch a frog. then a teenage boy came along and started swinging the snake around and stepping on it and i just about lost it. i hate to think of my boys becoming mean teenagers someday

oy my house is a mess. must.clean.today
#11 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 02:17 PM

check out the yahoo group for a link to photos...
#12 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 03:33 PM

Still awwwwing at the sweet baby pics!! E was a snotty new babe too for a couple days.

Girls looooved taking the kitty to the vet this morning. Got some cute pics of them munching watermelon for lunch....will have to get those up (on the blog at least)....waiting for a call back from the neuro, but really have no idea what to say to her since I'm so frustrated (and exhausted).

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#13 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 04:07 PM

oh the cuteness of the new baby pics... could i do that again maybe actually possibly? jacquie, you look so peaceful in those pics. and torey so in awe. gabriel so proud.

wow, new babies.

~claudia
#14 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 04:41 PM

Umm... where's the yahoo group?
#15 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 05:18 PM

Subbing

My house is painted
Julia is lonely
I crave sugar
I crave another baby
I am waiting for UPS to deliver bike parts

Emmalola - here you go
Jacqueline- we are still basking in your joyfull news
#16 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsmom View Post
Did you get the xtracycle??? I bought a bike that I can later get the free loader for, but for now I am riding it as is and coveting the xtracycle stuff. Alison is a little irked that I spent the money I did on getting my bike commute ready - still I am toying with getting a babyseat since I will do annabel drop off at day care in a couple of months (but I am in denial that she'll be going to DC so soon and I can't bring myself to imagine it.: ) Anyway, what did you get in the mail today???
#17 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 05:46 PM

ummm... i just realized that annabel and fernie's W are 6 months old today and tomorrow, respectively. sheesh, where is the time going? and my little-y one is going to be one year old in 50ish days... holy crapoley.

must go grocery shopping.

haven't check my mail yet today but will update you when i do, lisa. :

~claudia
#18 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
haven't check my mail yet today but will update you when i do, lisa. :

Funny thing is, Alison just called me to say that my new bra just arrived in the mail.
#19 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 10:13 PM

Weeeellll

Long story short, I did get the Townie SUB. The Townie I got at a local bike shop on clearance, and then I ordered the Freeradical and the Peapod bike seat for the back and a pair of footsies.
First I was just going to use a trailer. Then I realized it takes forever to hook up the trailer, get everyone in, and it feels unsafe to me to ride hauling that thing around. Especially compared to the bike seat I already have. And N is totally crushed in it. She is just too tall for it unless she is alone. And it is hard to park. And after 10 minutes the kids get squirelly and the trailer is all over the road. This could of course happen if they are on the back of the bike, but then I can reach them and smack them (JK):
So I decided I would get the Freeradical and put it on my own old bike. Then I decided that I would not get anything and DH agreed that I should just go out and ride and I should not need all the extra stuff... Well, when and how can I do that? The kids are always with me!
Then I test rode some bikes and I just liked the Townie the best but again decided I was not worth all the money to hopefully get to a more bike centered lifestyle. Then my sister pointed out that the return on investment in the case of a bike is not the gas you save, but the joy of riding your bike - and being able to do it regardless of having the kids along. And if I waited to have a bike centered lifestyle before buying the bike I would just be frustrated that I couldn't get there because I didn't have the tools to do it.
By the way Lisa, You are welcome to our old bike seat if you want it as a place holder till you get your very own peapod or bobike (for the front of your bike) I like having the little guys on the front of the bike. The seat we have is a very cheapo seat so I would say, get the peapod, which will last, work with the freeradical and meets Dutch safety standards for bike seats. Of course, growing up there I am not sure what that means since I used to ride on cargo racks all the time.
Anyway, all the stuff is at the bike shop and is getting put together and will be ready next week some time.
:
I don't want to wait but I have to.

And that is my mailbox update...
#20 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamameg View Post
Need coffee. Now.
'Nuff said. I completely understand, girlfriend *gives the secret coffee club handshake*
*which jstar only knows half of*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
oh the cuteness of the new baby pics... could i do that again maybe actually possibly? jacquie, you look so peaceful in those pics. and torey so in awe. gabriel so proud.

wow, new babies.

~claudia
I sense baby pangs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsmom View Post
Subbing

My house is painted
Julia is lonely
I crave sugar
I crave another baby

Emmalola - here you go
Jacqueline- we are still basking in your joyfull news
Nuggets, your succinctness makes me want to have you as a coworker. I like your style! Also, more baby pangs. What gives ? Do you guys not remember how very much work it is???? just kiddin--there is no logic to magic baby-human desire.
#21 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 10:56 PM

Baby pangs beyond 3 for me....totally not there. Ready to make DH's V-appt as we speak. :

coffee....my true craving this pg. I indulge it now and again. : I already can't wait for a couple years down the road when I can indulge a caffeine habit full-time.

Nothing on the agenda at all for us tomorrow. Well maybe packing, but that's not fun. I'll have to see what ideas C has--she always thinks of something zany.

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#22 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
see what ideas C has--she always thinks of something zany.
*love* this. Lucky C, to have such a fun mama!
#23 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 PM

So I have a deep dark secret about me that no one on here knows... as well as not very many people in real life...

I will share tomorrow after 3 pm PST when I know for sure the outcome of this situation that has taken nearly 7 years...
#24 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 PM

Just to make sure I didn't alarm all of you...

It's not THAT big of a deal. Just something a little different than most other people.
#25 of 441 Old 08-01-2007, 11:52 PM

Sounds exciting, I am staying tuned. Especially, it sounds mega-important to you and something you've been waiting for for a while!
#26 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 12:09 AM

hmmmm....now i'm curious!!

"and in this corner of the ring we have ebin weighing in at 16 lbs 13 oz" yep. the power of boob!!!! and he is 26 1/4" long. i'm kicking myself for not keeping all of isaac's measurements in one location because i'd love to compare right about now :

my agenda this week involves cleaning out our "office" (nook off the kitchen) so i can move our crappy (carpy) little tiny desk and bookcase out and move in the desk and bookcase from my office. the desk is retro and cool and i love it so i'm moving it home. this involves going through oodles of the paperwork that just builds like.....bank statements from 2001. i started this afternoon and found the invoice for our final payment for isaac's birth $666. yep. i decided that one should go in the baby book

i also have my first postpartum client meeting tomorrow at a wastewater treatment plant. i think i'm going to like this new work thing -- work a couple of hours and then come home! i had our babysitter come watch ebin yesterday while i went and prepped for my meeting and packed up my office to move all the carp home. she hasn't watched babies a lot but she did well and he is generally pretty easy.

its a solo bedtime for me tonight because doug went to listen to the dodger game. i hope it is easy because isaac is so tired and ebin is fussing on and off.

i'm really hoping this IS the month for emmalola. because i know that going fully to 42 weeks can realllllllllly try a woman's patience :
#27 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 12:23 AM

OK, I have to wait for the bike and now I have to wait for a very mysterious revelation too.
#28 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 AM

oh the intrigue, danile...

~claudia
#29 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 12:37 AM

Just keepin things interesting... :
#30 of 441 Old 08-02-2007, 11:43 AM

I'll be the May Mama of the Morning today...

Good morning ladies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page