This made me sad. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-07-2007, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was on the monorail and at my stop a woman and a child not much younger than my own two stepchildren got off. He was a tiny little thing, about four years old, and was having trouble getting down the stairs as fast as his mother. She stopped aout three stairs in front of him, turned around and said "If you don't get your a-- down these stairs I'm going to crack your head open with this umbrella." I turned around and looked at her in shock but she ignored me. The little boy hurridly ran down the stairs, stumbling the whole way, and reached the ground floor right behind me, a few steps in front of his mother. I opened the door and smiled down at him, and he grinned the sweetest smile at me as he walked through. I held the door open for his mother, too, and ya know what her response was? "Hey dumba--, why didn't you hold the damn door?"

I wanted to cry for that adorable little boy...either that or scoop him up in my arms and take him home with me. Here I am with two stepkids that I adore but they still ignore me, praying for an adorable little boy just like him, and she treats her kid like crap.

Sorry for the rant. I don't know if it applies to anything, but it just made me so sad.

Body, I've been more than patient. Please make a baby. Please?
always loving my babies. (May 08)(April 09)(August 09)(September 09) (December 10)
#2 of 10 Old 08-08-2007, 11:23 AM

OMG. your post made me cry. Seriously. : What's wrong with people. I hope that precious little boy has some warmer people in his life. He's going to need them.
#3 of 10 Old 08-08-2007, 11:39 AM

I hate it when I see parents like this too.

I was at the mall a couple weeks ago shopping solo and saw a younger mother walk by with an older lady and she had a little boy about 18 mos-2 yrs old and he was crying and whining about wanting her to hold him. She kept yelling down at him telling him he knows how to walk and she ain't carrying him. They were at the mall and the kid was probably tired from walking so much. Why is it that for "some parents" as soon as their child has learned to walk they have to push them to act like older children. I could never turn down an opportunity to hold my child.

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#4 of 10 Old 08-08-2007, 04:46 PM

What a sad, sad story. Poor little guy.

*Single, attached Norwegian mama to my LoveBug, 2001*

#5 of 10 Old 08-09-2007, 03:31 AM

The mean, smart-aleck part of me can't resist saying to people like that "Just remember, one day he'll be the one deciding which nursing home you go to".

I've gotten some really surprised looks with that line.
#6 of 10 Old 08-09-2007, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDude View Post
The mean, smart-aleck part of me can't resist saying to people like that "Just remember, one day he'll be the one deciding which nursing home you go to".

I've gotten some really surprised looks with that line.

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#7 of 10 Old 08-09-2007, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
That poor little boy. I used to live near a woman who called her adorable 7yo son "sh!thead."

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#8 of 10 Old 08-09-2007, 09:21 PM

I watched a dad reeming out his 2 year old in front of a big box store the other day. He got down at his level, held him by the arms and screamed in his face. I was in my van so I didn't hear the words clearly, just the volume of the adult. DD had had a particularly hard trip to the store. I just sat there for a minute looking at them and wishing I had something I could say. One day in early spring when DS was teeny, we were at a local children's museum and DD threw a major tantrum. As I was trying to calm her in a packed museum on a Sunday, a mom pulled me aside and said, "I've been there and I want to just tell you that it does get better! Don't worry about the tantrum every parent in here has dealt with it and it's fine!" I swear, I felt so much better, even though I KNOW that, it's just nice to have support. Anyway, I glared at that Dad and later on wished I would have just rolled my window down and said something like, "Some days are so hard when you are 3! It's our naptime too!" Or something. Not that I am excusing the swearing, etc. behavior , it's terrible and I don't understand how parents can do that, but some parents come down harder in public because they feel they are expected to by the general public.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#9 of 10 Old 08-10-2007, 04:11 AM

: I hate hearing the way some parents talk to their children in public (can't imagine what it must be like in private.) It makes me so sad. And now DD is observant enough to want to know what is happening to other child. :
#10 of 10 Old 08-10-2007, 04:34 AM

Now I'm sad, too.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page